**2nd Grow** SpiderFarmer SF4000 , NFTG #4 -Sour Power-Hella Jelly-Strawberry Cheesecake- 3x3 Tent

• Thread starter Dothraki
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dothraki

Dothraki

I love strawberry strains. My all time fav is strawberry cough. I have PTSD & anxiety & found it worked wonders for my symptoms. Better than prescribed benzodiazepines!
Strawberry Cough was one of my favorites. Kushman’s cut used to be available in the late 90s/early 2000s but I haven’t stumbled across it in close to 20 years. Most euphoric, dream-like sense of happiness and well being with a huge shit-eating perma-smile on the face haha. I once had some Sunset Sherbet that was very similar, but others that were pretty different. Strawberry Cough was amazing and the smell and taste was unmatched.

Your SF4000, although it can be used for vegging, its designed as a flowering light. That's where it will shine.
Oh I’m pretty sure I can screw it up for flowering too 😂

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Strawberry Cough was one of my favorites. Kushman’s cut used to be available in the late 90s/early 2000s but I haven’t stumbled across it in close to 20 years. Most euphoric, dream-like sense of happiness and well being with a huge shit-eating perma-smile on the face haha. I once had some Sunset Sherbet that was very similar, but others that were pretty different. Strawberry Cough was amazing and the smell and taste was unmatched.

This is what I'm using. Something to think about going forward ... 2' long tubes would work well in your 3 x 3. It's early veg temporary lighting that you can hang under your SF4000 race horse. Remove it when you're getting enough growth where you'd like to see some stretching. Pull the trigger on the other light and off to the races you go.

I have them under the cabinets in my kitchen, lighting my shop, in my greenhouse and I've been using them as a veg light for a couple of years.

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

Yeah I wanted kushmans cut but obviously only available in cuts & hard to find. The guy I got my strawberry cough from was oldhead who grew for his cancer & hardly sold to anyone so I felt very blessed. We have a place called Nelson’s ledges around here well known party place where ppl come from all around with the best bud. I took my strawberry cough up there & everyone was in awe of it & there was sum killer stuff there. Everyone said it hardly came around. This was yrs ago tho,can get now but probably not exactly same strain.

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

Yeah they had everything floating around there. There was blueberry,bubblegum,G-13,& just all around great stuff. I picked some of each including something called jerry berry which was my fav there aside from the strawberry cough I was holding. Everyone wanted to trade for the cough so I left with a crap ton of strains,lol.

Dothraki

Dothraki

This is what I'm using. Something to think about going forward ... 2' long tubes would work well in your 3 x 3. It's early veg temporary lighting that you can hang under your SF4000 race horse. Remove it when you're getting enough growth where you'd like to see some stretching. Pull the trigger on the other light and off to the races you go.

I have them under the cabinets in my kitchen, lighting my shop, in my greenhouse and I've been using them as a veg light for a couple of years.
Thats a great idea…I bookmarked the link, thanks!

Yeah they had everything floating around there. There was blueberry,bubblegum,G-13,& just all around great stuff. I picked some of each including something called jerry berry which was my fav there aside from the strawberry cough I was holding. Everyone wanted to trade for the cough so I left with a crap ton of strains,lol.
Nice! I wish some of those oldies were still around…it’s even hard or impossible to find Sour Diesel anymore and I’m at the epicenter of where AJ’s cut was in abundance! I think a lot has to do with legalization and all the new strains blowing up everywhere, people moved on from keeping those genetics going.

The Sour Power bag seed I’m growing was closest to a good SD I’ve had in a long time. I know it could be totally different but I’m hoping it gives me something similar. Either way it’ll be an experience to see what happens.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

@Dothraki

For a future grow, a nice one is chem dog. I'll be running Greenhouse Seed's version of it on my next grow. It's a parent of the original Sour D. I'll also be growing Humboldt Seed Company's Lemon Grass ... You wouldn't know anything about that strain would you? LOL I also have Raspberry Lemonade lined up ... It's a creation of one of our forum members. I'm looking forward to that.

growsince79

growsince79

I've got a nice little tip for you this early in the game. Think "blue" spectrum. About 6500k. You will find those frequently being sold as LED shop lights. They are also pretty inexpensive. I have 3 5000 lumen 4' long florescent style tubes zip-tied to a 12" x 48" sheet of peg board. This is my veg light. I can start with 1 on, move to 2, and then to 3 as they grow larger. They come in 2' models too. You can keep them fairly close and the blue keeps them short and stocky.

Calling on @growsince79. He sings the "blues" when it comes to cannabis. I'm sure he'll have some other low budget ideas to boost the blue spectrums.
I've used 6500k clf for 22 years. They were 65w ea, the last one just broke. Got a little 18w screw in now and a fiet led screw in. Works ok. If my setup was 1" longer, I'd use 2' t5s 6500k and 3000k mix.

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

Thats a great idea…I bookmarked the link, thanks!

Nice! I wish some of those oldies were still around…it’s even hard or impossible to find Sour Diesel anymore and I’m at the epicenter of where AJ’s cut was in abundance! I think a lot has to do with legalization and all the new strains blowing up everywhere, people moved on from keeping those genetics going.

The Sour Power bag seed I’m growing was closest to a good SD I’ve had in a long time. I know it could be totally different but I’m hoping it gives me something similar. Either way it’ll be an experience to see what happens.
Yeah,it seems like all those good strains are gone. Everyone just growing hybrids but yeah those were good old days! I consider myself a novice for sure but one of my best plants was dj short blueberry. Seems like all the blueberries are different these days not the OG.

Dothraki

Dothraki

@Dothraki

For a future grow, a nice one is chem dog. I'll be running Greenhouse Seed's version of it on my next grow. It's a parent of the original Sour D. I'll also be growing Humboldt Seed Company's Lemon Grass ... You wouldn't know anything about that strain would you? LOL I also have Raspberry Lemonade lined up ... It's a creation of one of our forum members. I'm looking forward to that.
I didn’t realize there were good Chemdog seeds…I still don’t know what seeds to buy, so just stuck with HSC since they turned out killer.

As for Lemon Grass…boy oh boy. I didn’t expect it to be so potent of a strain. I smoke it every day and it still catches me off guard lol. But for growing tips…you probably know more than me just from the pics I posted, but it was a monster and for me uncontrollable. I called it the Kraken!

But smoke wise… I can be mentally active and get stuff done. Amazing for adding a little twist to the head while mowing the lawn or walking the dog. I actually ended up loving this strain. Sometimes it can make me tired though. Like if I wake up and take a decent hit from the bowl then jump in the shower sometimes I’ll be like.. “man, if I don’t make it through this shower…wtf why am I so high!?” But usually I smoke it all day and as long as I don’t accidentally blast myself, I’m ready for whatever sounds good. I can even smoke all night making music and it never puts me out. Loving the Lemongrass! Smells great, tastes a little hot on the throat but that’s because I probably over dried before jarring. Some buds are quite fluffy but some are really dense and almost hard. It fox-tailed, the whole plant, but in a weird way, like started to foxtail but stopped so the buds have a cool look to them but no extra stems and not much stem to speak of at all. I’m smoking it right now. I’m lit lol.

Dothraki

Dothraki

I've used 6500k clf for 22 years. They were 65w ea, the last one just broke. Got a little 18w screw in now and a fiet led screw in. Works ok. If my setup was 1" longer, I'd use 2' t5s 6500k and 3000k mix.
There you are! How’d the McRiddle turn out??

Dothraki

Dothraki

Yeah,it seems like all those good strains are gone. Everyone just growing hybrids but yeah those were good old days! I consider myself a novice for sure but one of my best plants was dj short blueberry. Seems like all the blueberries are different these days not the OG.
Ooh yeah Blueberry was awesome. Always loved Blue Dream too. Not sure on Blueberry but I’ve actually had a few different Blue Dreams that were real good.

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

I didn’t realize there were good Chemdog seeds…I still don’t know what seeds to buy, so just stuck with HSC since they turned out killer.

As for Lemon Grass…boy oh boy. I didn’t expect it to be so potent of a strain. I smoke it every day and it still catches me off guard lol. But for growing tips…you probably know more than me just from the pics I posted, but it was a monster and for me uncontrollable. I called it the Kraken!

But smoke wise… I can be mentally active and get stuff done. Amazing for adding a little twist to the head while mowing the lawn or walking the dog. I actually ended up loving this strain. Sometimes it can make me tired though. Like if I wake up and take a decent hit from the bowl then jump in the shower sometimes I’ll be like.. “man, if I don’t make it through this shower…wtf why am I so high!?” But usually I smoke it all day and as long as I don’t accidentally blast myself, I’m ready for whatever sounds good. I can even smoke all night making music and it never puts me out. Loving the Lemongrass! Smells great, tastes a little hot on the throat but that’s because I probably over dried before jarring. Some buds are quite fluffy but some are really dense and almost hard. It fox-tailed, the whole plant, but in a weird way, like started to foxtail but stopped so the buds have a cool look to them but no extra stems and not much stem to speak of at all. I’m smoking it right now. I’m lit lol.
Been there,way too high my eyes were doing the jitterbug,lol!

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

Ooh yeah Blueberry was awesome. Always loved Blue Dream too. Not sure on Blueberry but I’ve actually had a few different Blue Dreams that were real good.
I used to get blue dream steady back in the day,good smoke! Just something about that dj short blueberry tho,definitely a classic!

Dothraki

Dothraki

Little wilting cotyledons, reduced light to around 20%. 2 look good and 2 look unhappy. Here we go with the balancing act of light vs temp. Lol. There’s no way I’m turning a heater on in my house right now, or buying anything new. As long as the Sour Power stays alive I have more seeds of everything else.

7000 Lux according to photone app

Tried to snap a pic but it’s hard to tell in the photo. Just cotyledon and it’s tiny jagged new friends are wilting, but stems are still holding up.

Last edited:
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Little wilting cotyledons, reduced light to around 20%. 2 look good and 2 look unhappy. Here we go with the balancing act of light vs temp. Lol. There’s no way I’m turning a heater on in my house right now, or buying anything new. As long as the Sour Power stays alive I have more seeds of everything else.
Got any cold white or daylight white household light bulbs? A couple of them will boost the heat and the blue. If you already have it, you can use those and not have to buy anything. Keep your SF4000 on. By the way, those cotyledons do wilt as they give up their energy. It's what feeds the sprout until the roots have established enough to handle the job.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Couldn‘t get it to focus on the leaves but at least shows the structure

25A35875 71D0 4CAB 8792 6C6E4A504CA1

1F978682 B2CA 4B98 AB33 6C272FFB26CF
A26D9D3A FBC3 4EAD A985 9B806D546EB8

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Looks like really wet soil but…i don’t think it’s too wet.
Let it dry out a bit. Then don't water as much next watering. I do see what you're talking about now. However, it's going to be fine under your care. Most plants grow out of their rough start as it gets a little older.You've recognized it early and that's a plus.

Edit: I took a closer look. They really don't look that bad though.

Actually they look pretty good. They will be fine.

Top Bottom