2nd grow, too tall, can I top in stretch

• Thread starter Java1010
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Java1010

Java1010

Indoor organic soil, 2x4 tent with 3 BP1000 lights (I want better eventually but as a new grower the price was right if I didn't stick with it) Day 10 of flower. 2nd grow is taking off in stretch much more than my first (better watering mainly), but I'm running into height issues. I have some tops getting very close to my lights and I'm don't have room to move them up any more. I know topping is not recommended at this stage but is it possible. I LSTed a few tops but running out of room there as well. Putting a second screen in probably today or tomorrow, so I may be able to do a little tucking.
2nd grow too tall can i top in stretch

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

Personally I would just super crop the tall ones instead of cutting. You won't lose any bud that way and I believe it's less stress on the plants

Edit: can you re hang your filter in a different position to make more room for the lights to go up?

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Plenty of room to move your lights up. Or do as danknugz said and super crop. Topping now is useless, you’ll stress out the plant and cut off the top colas of each branch. Happy grows.
burnz

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
When it happens to me I just smash them Down to height. Snapping and bending without a care. Works fine. So for sure topping them is fine.
He’ll top the main colas. Many other options before topping. But to each their own.
burnz

_VLAD_

_VLAD_

Top now and they will not have enough time to readjust. Id move the filter, which I had to do this last run in my 2x4. Then bend where you want to get them down some

Java1010

Java1010

Thanks for all the responses, I was doing mechanical work on my car, otherwise I would've hopped on sooner. Filter is touching the ceiling, I could put it on the other end of my fan. I could also pull the rope ratchets out to get more height, they are maxed on the ratchets, at least the center and right side. I'll try to get them bent when I add the second net, after I shower my greasy self. Thankfully my cheap lights aren't too strong, just trying to get ahead of the burn once they start setting flower.

Java1010

Java1010

Just to drop more info. Center is gelato and the bookends are my father in law's strain. Left plant has been behind all run.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Thanks for all the responses, I was doing mechanical work on my car, otherwise I would've hopped on sooner. Filter is touching the ceiling, I could put it on the other end of my fan. I could also pull the rope ratchets out to get more height, they are maxed on the ratchets, at least the center and right side. I'll try to get them bent when I add the second net, after I shower my greasy self. Thankfully my cheap lights aren't too strong, just trying to get ahead of the burn once they start setting flower.
Ditch the Ratchets for some zip ties. Should give you another 4+ inches.

Latest posts

Top Bottom