2nd grow with 2 HGL 126w panels and 250w HPS supplemental

• Thread starter johnychaos
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

johnychaos

So this is my second grow using HydroGrowLED panels and I love them, wish the penetration was a bit deeper but they produce some fantastic bud. This is also my 3rd grow ever so I'm still learning - had a few issues and am about a week to 1.5weeks from chop.

Medium: Coco
Pots - 1.8gal square rose pots
Nutes: GenHydro Flora Bloom/Micro, Powdered kool Bloom, molasses.

Temps in the tent at first we ranging from 78-82 then it heated up and I maxed out at 90 in the tent so I put my 6in S&P in and now I'm 1 degree below ambient and my room stays a cool 78.

Over the next few days I'll post some pics up from my first grows but here's to get started.
2nd grow with 2 hgl 126w panels and 250w hps supplemental 10

2nd grow with 2 hgl 126w panels and 250w hps supplemental 6

2nd grow with 2 hgl 126w panels and 250w hps supplemental 4

2nd grow with 2 hgl 126w panels and 250w hps supplemental 5

2nd grow with 2 hgl 126w panels and 250w hps supplemental

2nd grow with 2 hgl 126w panels and 250w hps supplemental 3

2nd grow with 2 hgl 126w panels and 250w hps supplemental 9

2nd grow with 2 hgl 126w panels and 250w hps supplemental 7

2nd grow with 2 hgl 126w panels and 250w hps supplemental 8

2nd grow with 2 hgl 126w panels and 250w hps supplemental 2

J

johnychaos

Been a crazy ass month and no time to really get on and update...

Harvest went well, pulled off big fan leafs, hung upside down in a box closed with a humidity dome on top - avg humidity in my house is less than 30% so by sealing the box I could control the humidity by releasing air via the dome on the top of the box - no fan was used.
Chopped on a Sunday night - everything was crispy dry on Thursday so we pulled it all out - still learning to dry I then did a final trim which was all super frosty sugar leaf - smoking a bowl of this is better than most stuff we get when buying...

I did the final trim - pulling as much stem off as possible. I ended up with the following:
2 gallon jars full with a qp in each for a total of a 8zips. I then have another quart sized jar that has the sugar leaf in it and it weighs in at 1.25zips - I then have a jar I've been pulling from for the last few days that was around .5zips and after separating to the 2 gallon sized jars I had 9grams left so overall my pull was about 10zips. Not bad for my 3rd grow and 1x250w hps/mh and 2x126w LED panels. I had problems with heat and should have flushed more often - also had some sort of white bugs towards the end and I smelled root rot before 1 flush and it didn't come back...

All in all very very happy with these 5 plants. The lemon kush is getting better and better with age! 3 weeks curing and this stuff kicks ass - super lemony, very even stone both head and body high...

Wish I had the funds to replace my 250w hps with a 205w LED in the middle of my tent.

After I finish this project I'm currently working on, I'm gonna get the tent running again, this time on a drain to waste system with smart pots, automatic drip system in a 2x4 flood/drain table and again the 6/9 GenHydro formula....

J

johnychaos

Light Placement

How would you arrange 2 x 126w panels and 1 250w HPS/MH??

Setup A or B over a 2x4 Flood and Drain Table.

attachment.php

Lightconfig
J

johnychaos

If it were me I would do a side by side comparison of the two lighting systems. Put the 2x126W lights over 1 set of plants, and the 250W HID over another set, keep things equal and see how the yields end up. You'd have roughly 230W of LED vs about 300W of HID, so it would be an interesting comparison I think.

I would love to do a side by side but feel I need to get a few more grows under my belt, getting the environment in good shape first then maybe I'll toss up a wall in my tent and do just that...

Top Bottom