2nd Run With The Under Current Setup

• Thread starter Tman42
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tman42

Tman42

New to the Under Current system so I thought I would share my grow. I currently run a 5'x10' tent (tent #1) with a Current Culture UC8XL hydro system running the full line of Cultured Solutions nutrients along with a Cal/Mag supplement at 1-2 mL/gal (R/O H2O), 2 x 1000 watt eye of hortilux HPS lights with epic 8" hoods and a 1/10 hp chiller. I am currently on day 9 of flower with 1 - Blue Dream Haze, 1 - Serious Seeds White Russian (last run for her and she is not liking this run), 1 - Jack Herer x Goji OG, 3 - OGR White Fire OG #3, 1 - Rasberry Kush (first time run of clone from friend), and 1 - Jesus OG. This is only my second run with the UC setup but so far I am loving it. I know things aren't very sexy yet but they will be soon. If you have any questions or suggestions please feel free to chime in and thanks for stopping by.

Tman
2nd run with the under current setup

2nd run with the under current setup 2

Tman42

Tman42

Just one suggestion, clean!

Your system looks like it has had 8 years od use as opposed to 3 months.

Things will go smoother for you for longer if you keep everything looking brand new

Thanks for looking out FooDoo, I get so busy with other things that sometimes the little things get looked over. Problem taken care of, a little hot water and scrubbing and they look like new again.

Tman

bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

are you running all those different varieties at once in one uc run ?

Tman42

Tman42

are you running all those different varieties at once in one uc run ?

Yes bigdaddyg8 I am running all of these together and the only one that is not liking it is the White Russian. This is the first time that I have not run this strain in it's own dwc container and it is not looking/doing good but I won't be running it any longer as it didn't make the final cut this last cloning session. Thanks for stopping by,

Tman

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

IMHO that set up is much better for a monocrop.
You will have a very hard time getting it dialed in with multiple strains running.
Good Luck

F

FooDoo

I've had a run of all freebies in the undercurrent and it really isn't an issue. as long as you don't have 7 foot plants next to 3 foot plants or 12 week sativas next to 10 week indica's.

Tman42

Tman42

IMHO that set up is much better for a monocrop.
You will have a very hard time getting it dialed in with multiple strains running.
Good Luck

Thanks rubthe nub,
I had 5 strains in there for the 1st run with this system and had no problems and have been running a waterfarm 8 bucket system for a few years in there with multiple strains without problems so I guess only time will tell for me and the UC. I know I don't have pics up here yet but if you want to check out the last run (first run with UC system) and the last run of the waterfarm system you can check them out on instagram under tman4242.

Tman

Tman42

Tman42

Damn FooDoo, now I want to change that picture as that does look ugly compared to the clean version now.

Tman

bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

Yes bigdaddyg8 I am running all of these together and the only one that is not liking it is the White Russian. This is the first time that I have not run this strain in it's own dwc container and it is not looking/doing good but I won't be running it any longer as it didn't make the final cut this last cloning session. Thanks for stopping by,

Tman
you don't find the feeding difficult ? as for some plants demanding more than others . or are they compatible in feeding .i find with different varieties to be more of a pain in the ass . plants feed , stretch and grow different some varieties are 8 week and some are ten .

i have done in the past .

i will run occasionally like varieties . Chemdog and super sour og are like type varieties same stretch , feed and bud structure .

N

NWElite89

@bigdaddyg8 - I second that as well. I mean you can make it work, but I felt it was too hard to dial the system as well. Most strains have different feeding patterns and I feel you wont get the most out of your system unless you run the same strain.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

I have a 14 site I run a mixed bunch of moms in. Easy in veg, flower I didn't like mixed strains so much.. I like to dial my buckets to each strains ideal likings..

Tman42

Tman42

you don't find the feeding difficult ? as for some plants demanding more than others . or are they compatible in feeding .i find with different varieties to be more of a pain in the ass . plants feed , stretch and grow different some varieties are 8 week and some are ten .

i have done in the past .

i will run occasionally like varieties . Chemdog and super sour og are like type varieties same stretch , feed and bud structure .

Ya I realize that I might get more out of the system with running one strain but I like to have a few strains around all the time. I will try and find strains that "get along" with each other and then I also do a lot of bending/pinching/tieing/snapping of branches on the strains that stretch more than the others. I have not had any problems in the past but am getting ready to try and run through a bunch of seeds here soon so we will see how things work out.

Tman

bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

Ya I realize that I might get more out of the system with running one strain but I like to have a few strains around all the time. I will try and find strains that "get along" with each other and then I also do a lot of bending/pinching/tieing/snapping of branches on the strains that stretch more than the others. I have not had any problems in the past but am getting ready to try and run through a bunch of seeds here soon so we will see how things work out.

Tman
i also do six plants in soil . all different for variety !

Sonnyhad

Sonnyhad

New to the Under Current system so I thought I would share my grow. I currently run a 5'x10' tent (tent #1) with a Current Culture UC8XL hydro system running the full line of Cultured Solutions nutrients along with a Cal/Mag supplement at 1-2 mL/gal (R/O H2O), 2 x 1000 watt eye of hortilux HPS lights with epic 8" hoods and a 1/10 hp chiller. I am currently on day 9 of flower with 1 - Blue Dream Haze, 1 - Serious Seeds White Russian (last run for her and she is not liking this run), 1 - Jack Herer x Goji OG, 3 - OGR White Fire OG #3, 1 - Rasberry Kush (first time run of clone from friend), and 1 - Jesus OG. This is only my second run with the UC setup but so far I am loving it. I know things aren't very sexy yet but they will be soon. If you have any questions or suggestions please feel free to chime in and thanks for stopping by.

TmanView attachment 488269
View attachment 488272
Couple years later and I'm reading your thread as I'm a CCUC nearby.

Latest posts

Top Bottom