2x 10x 400W flower room build from scratch Hennepdesk style

• Thread starter Hennepdesk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hennepdesk

Hennepdesk

This will be a building report of 2 flowering rooms with cross circulation, water preparation and 20x 400W SON-t pia power by 10x 400W Luxgear in an 4,2x3,8x2,2 meters small room.

The room has a 25A 3x 400V socket. 3 small windows. 2 will be blinded and the one on the image will be used to exhaust warm air.

A0AX7_mCUAA2LFQ.jpg:large

See the opportunities and don't be scared to do some work,

HD

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Looking forward to seeing the progress on this one. Should be fun to see two rooms spring up from nothing.

Hennepdesk

Hennepdesk

First I planned how to divide the space for 2 rooms and 900 liter (3x 300liter water tanks) for watering the plants.
Second I placed some small mothers under 3x 400W (see ballasts) because they can grow during building. The
switch panel is mounted at the wall. 3x 32A will power all.

A0K1rciCEAAiovk.jpg:large

A concrete sole plate for a 3 brick layer wall to support the gypsum paperboard and two doors to enter the two rooms.
At the left side I planned 3x 300liter water tanks to water the plants.

A0K2LvLCEAAWTrg.jpg:large

The first row of bricks is in place.

A0K2XTdCIAAkrnp.jpg:large

I cleaned up the corner because I want use the clay to level and create a floor.

A0K2wS8CIAA8snf.jpg:large

Now the real works start. To house the 3x 300 liter water tanks I dig a big hole in the clay.

A0K3DigCQAEEMoP.jpg:large

Its almost dry clay and not simple to dig in. But after one day the hole has the right size for 3x 300 liter tanks.

A0K3cU1CIAA_psx.jpg:large

After a day digging the opening is big and deep enough to hold the tanks.

Till the next update,

HD

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Damn Hennep, that is a lot of work you got done in one day. Do you do all your own electric work?

Hennepdesk

Hennepdesk

I forgot to answer and reply.

@ ProdigyGrower,

Nothing Bad Ass yet :)

@ Smoking Gun,

Yes that's true. But it keeps you in shape. I do all myself.
Everyone can learn and understand electric work. Start
simple and you can make it complex as you want. Who k
knows what I'll show after this report.

HD

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

I have never been adverse to a hard days work. I do a bit of electric work myself, but there are somethings I would prefer to leave to the pros.

Hennepdesk

Hennepdesk

Thanks Smoking gun for the reply. Wait till I post the switchpanel I use to control the lights.

I'm gonna add some b/w (black/white) foil
A0PfDvqCAAAO978.jpg:large

The foil in the 2 small windows preventing someone look in will be replaced. It 's a narrow room for 2 rooms
A0PfMx7CIAA6Lp1.jpg:large

The battens are covered with duck tape to make them water resistant.
A0PfUW_CUAEzhy6.jpg:large

Unroll the foil. Use a Long shaft wall plug to fix the foil with a batten in one upper corner between wall and ceiling
A0PfriWCUAAvicS.jpg:large

The rooms starts to turn in a clean room.
A0PgrUPCYAA69a-.jpg:large

The 2 windows are covered by the foil but also by a gypsum panel to reduce the noise emission.
A0Pg98ZCUAEvnWe.jpg:large

Now the walls and doors can be put in place.
A0PhglgCcAI7YDb.jpg:large

The room starts to take shape.

Till the next update,

HD

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

I am assuming you are going to lay some fresh cement for the floor, but I could be incorrect. Its definitely starting to look like a grow space in there. You may end up with two narrow rooms, but given your style of growing you should still have enough room to get nice yields out of there. Thanks for sharing your process, there is lots to learn in this thread.

Hennepdesk

Hennepdesk

Thanks SmokingGun for the reply and thinking. I've chosen an other solution. When you
would make a concrete floor it had to be some 8cm (3") thick and it needed that metal
netting to prevent the concrete to crack. So I came up with this solution.

After leveling the clay a 20mm polystyrene insulation is put on the clay. The clay is not total horizontal.
The water hasto go back in the drain so on 3 meters is 1 cm level difference.

A0aUyuaCcAAaMpY.jpg:large

To get a real floor a 18mm OSB panel is put on the polystyrene to spread the pressure and protect the polystyrene against damage.

A0aVDKsCIAAkC7F.jpg:large

Now the floor in the first room can be filled with polystyrene and OSB panels.

A0aVVPhCcAE6Sjf.jpg:large

The floor starts to look like a real floor. Note how small the room is. OSB panel size 250x125mm

A0aVdT_CUAEYJXO.jpg:large

Small detail its hard to see the slope but with a small ball you can check ;)

A0aVuPdCAAAhCcU.jpg:large

This floor can carry the crates with plants and it won't damage the 1mm pond liner.

HD

Hennepdesk

Hennepdesk

The location for the drain is prepared. Through the drain I will fill the basin and drain it.
A0cDIVSCYAAdpph.jpg:large

Now the floor at the right side for the first room is ready the floor for the second room can be put in place.
A0cDQUDCAAAo-Gd.jpg:large

It 's the same procedure as in the first room. As you can see is the wall b/w foil till under the polystyrene.
A0cDjNACIAE6Yy1.jpg:large

This is how the floor look like. The room will be split in 2 by a gypsum wall.
A0cDxMuCYAEozGw.jpg:large

Till the next update.

HD

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Looking good, I am eagerly waiting for the next update. Are you going to section off the electric and reservoir in another room?

Hennepdesk

Hennepdesk

Hi Smoking Gun,

Happy you follow and ask. The answer is no or you should consider the
small corridor I create above the tanks as a room. Let me show you how
and why I dig in the tanks.

I place 20mm poly styrene panels as insulator.

A0e1PIYCMAAv4fk.jpg:large

You can glue the poly styrene with pu foam from a spray can
A0e1bA6CEAAEqpV.jpg:large

One more row before the tanks are put in the gab.
A0e1o-_CAAAWbXr.jpg:large

The first tank in place. It fits seamlessly
A0e11SICAAAeNks.jpg:large

Job done. All tanks are in place. Fill the corners with pu foam
A0e2FX_CcAAviYc.jpg:large

Later I'll connect the tanks so I can fill them, mix, pump water from 1 into other and ....
Now I'll place a OSB panel on the tanks so I can walk on them. This safes a lot of space
because the tanks or under my feet ;)

More to come

HD

Hennepdesk

Hennepdesk

Note the OSB lid on the tanks. The water tanks are below the floor level so I will use gravity to empty the basins
A0fY4c5CIAAGjuW.jpg:large

Each room will have its own drain with 50mm diameter cleanout drain.
A0fZCRzCUAE0WZq.jpg:large

The cleanout drain is split to mount it in the OSB panels. The top will hold the pond liner
A0fa2XOCIAAnp_g.jpg:large

A 50mm diameter tube is used to connect the water tanks. This will help the mixing of the nutrient solution
A0fZcT3CQAEZ3Ew.jpg:large

Keep a 3mm gab in the OSB panel opening where the drain sits. This space is for the pond liner.
A0fZu36CYAAKmYn.jpg:large

The cover of the cleanout drain will be sealed with silicone to the 1mm pond liner to make a water proof seal.
A0faGrRCQAAjnYw.jpg:large

The drain, flood water in/out and water mixing are in place. Later some extra tricks to add
A0fab-ACQAEICpr.jpg:large

Ready to make some rooms :) ?

HD

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
I like your style! Looking forward to see it all come together...
Thanks for sharing

Hennepdesk

Hennepdesk

@ NaturalTherapy, MakinGoo, GreenTnT

Thanks for the kind words. Update time :)

The wooden support for the gypsum wall is so high that that the space between support and ceiling is 2meter. The length of a gypsum board.
A0hRJBaCAAAVwkB.jpg:large

The corridor to walk and prepare the water is some 80cm. The doors are 60cm wide.
A0hRYcICAAA04Jq.jpg:large

On this total view the rooms look big but the image between the reflectors is only 27cm.
A0hRfbMCEAA4Dbo.jpg:large

The board at the wall is used to mount the ballasts. Also the last 5 ballast for the flowering rooms are in place.
A0hRk4nCIAE2LRX.jpg:large

The first 6 ballasts are temporarily for the mother room.
A0hR1ItCQAIIpdE.jpg:large

Outside the window is covered. The glass will be removed so the inlet will be 0,5m2. The final lid is on the water tanks.
A0hR95pCIAA2V48.jpg:large

Till the next update,

HD

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Hennep, that corridor is exactly what I was expecting you to build. Things are really coming together pretty quickly in there. Thanks a lot for sharing, this is great work to see.

Latest posts

Top Bottom