2x 10x 400W flower room build from scratch Hennepdesk style

• Thread starter Hennepdesk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hennepdesk

Hennepdesk

@ A1NUTRIENTS

I put in this room all experience and knowledge from the last 15 years growing.
@ Smoking Gun

This is still only the start. Much more to come. This ain't a live building report.
So I try to post an update every day when possible.

Lets update:

The gypsum panel wall separating the rooms fits to the ceiling and one rail with reflectors is in place
A0kEzkTCUAAxR2w.jpg:large

The ropes will be used to adjust the height of the rail with reflectors.
A0kE6xPCUAA39IT.jpg:large

This image shows the inside of the first room to the door
A0kFCXECQAAexWc.jpg:large

This is inside the second room a view to the door.
A0kFZRBCUAAvBfa.jpg:large

The second flower room from the door to the blind wall. The aluflex is fresh air in mother room
A0kFq2fCIAAWeHg.jpg:large

Till the next update,

HD

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Hennep, is that the room you are currently using? I have to admit, I did think this was a live build, oops. regardless, there are tons of things to learn from this, thanks again for sharing. I like the pulley system for the light rails.

Hennepdesk

Hennepdesk

Hi SmokingGun,

No its wise to move when people start to ask questions :cool:

I'll use 6 these type of ventilators. 2x 3500m3/hour and 4x 1400m3/hour. 2 1400m3/hour for fresh air in
A0m_N-vCYAAEFK_.jpg:large

The ventilators are without flange and aren't boxed.I mount a wooden flange to the ventilators
A0m_njKCQAEknCV.jpg:large

The length of the battens is the size of the ventilator -1mm. So the flange is tight around the ventilator.
A0m_uHcCQAAUOvr.jpg:large

The battens have to be cut straight to have 4x a good 90/90/90/90 frame.
A0m_0lcCcAAESTW.jpg:large

Now you can bend the frame a little open to place it over the ventilator.
A0m_8y7CAAAznQ7.jpg:large

And this is how it looks when the frame is in place with a foam seal.
A0nAKVQCQAAuE2x.jpg:large

This is the side of a 1400m3/hour ventilator. The motor is cooled by the fan as well
A0nAZbxCAAAA9jg.jpg:large

The 3 ventilators for 1 room. Exhaust left top, the cross air fan and air in fan.
A0nAzbnCQAAFOWG.jpg:large

For screws fix the wooden frame to the metal frame. Duck tape keeps the screws in place when the wall is closed.
A0nBGH9CQAAmzzA.jpg:large

The last gypsum board is in place and the fresh air in fan mounted
A0nBdkuCQAA6rsN.jpg:large

Till the next update,

HD

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Hennep, I absolutely agree, when people start to get nosy its time to move on. I know your next post will answer this but, do those vent fans pull and push air from the electric/reservoir corridor?

Hennepdesk

Hennepdesk

Hi Smoking Gun,

Yes I do. This is why:

The ballast produce heat and I want use this heat to dry the air. When I want higher humidity
I simply turn the cross ventilation to 100%. The room with the lights of is cold compared to
the room with the lights on. I use air from in the building to have a little stable temperature.

In the winter the air flow ain't that big to cool down the temperature. Fresh air will enter
from the outside and will be warmed in the small corridor and the exhaust air will leave the
building through the chimney.
A0vS16XCIAAldMb.jpg:large

In the summer the flow can be huge so to air is extracted through the building and vented through the window. A small
flow can still leave through the chimney. Still the air is warmed by the ballasts to reduce humidity.

A0vSuyrCYAEN9LK.jpg:large

HD

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Awesome info Hennep. Again thanks so much for sharing, this is a great layout for anyone to use.

Hennepdesk

Hennepdesk

Thanks again Smoking Gun. Happy to read some replies.
@ Elements 11 your welcome.

Just a small update

You all time have some jobs you don't like to do. But best to take the bull by its horns
A0wRWTACEAE42e7.jpg:large

The entrance of the corridor was clay. I placed some paving stones, wettent them and put pure cement on top
A0wRsTPCMAALl8Y.jpg:large

Then I mixed a bucket with 3 parts sand and 1 part cement and spread it on the pavement stones
A0wR36mCQAAdUPf.jpg:large

I leveled the cement sand mix and now have to wait till it is dry
A0wSKL2CAAEQyPC.jpg:large

More to come soon,

HD

Elements11

Elements11

With the reservoirs placed in the ground, will this naturaly cool the water before its reused? If.. That is even that kinda of set up you're going to use. Gotta say I really dig the fact that they are recessed into the ground. Very smart.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Hennep, you should have invited me over to lay the cement, I have really come to enjoy mixing and laying cement.

I am happy you are so enthused for my posts on here. I have really enjoyed this thread.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Awesome post,i love grow room builds and this one has a different twist than we do around here but i totally see where you are going with it and i know its gonna put out alot of goodness.

Hennepdesk

Hennepdesk

Thanks all for the positive vibes and remarks

@ Elements11
I wanted to fit in all in the small room. Those tanks take a lot of space but
this way you solve 2 problems in one action. Fill and empty the basin in the
flower rooms and the space the tanks would use.

:) for the offer Smoking Gun

I mount the reflectors to a metal rail. Some people use battens but its wood and wood can start a fire
A0y92B-CAAAFnTG.jpg:large

I use ty-raps to fix the cables on top of the rail.
A0y9-pWCUAAxYXt.jpg:large

Keep enough extra length to connect.
A0y-F5WCcAAt8u7.jpg:large

I use for 1 3x1,5mm2 and for the other lamps 2x1,5mm2. The ground will be connected to the rail and ground all lamps.
A0y-PtBCYAAInZr.jpg:large

I use wire clamps at the end of the wire to get a good electrical connection
A0y-i7dCMAAa27y.jpg:large

Be careful to connect blue (neutral) and brown (mains) at the right connector.
A0y-qb_CAAEwCFD.jpg:large

Take care for damaging the insulator and wires by the metal bracket.
A0y_E_XCQAAYmxE.jpg:large

Keep some extra length but not to much.
A0y_NfWCQAECU1i.jpg:large

The first rail with reflectors and wiring is ready and in place.
A0y_ZjqCcAAex4Q.jpg:large

Till the next update

HD

nuttso

nuttso

Great work HD. Seems you know your job. Limited space used perfect. Can't wait to see the rest of this. Do you control the temps automaticly with some kind of climacontroller? If you run two rooms i think you will do 12 hours one 12 hours the other with the same ballast. In this way you need to separate the mother and clone room. Right?

Hennepdesk

Hennepdesk

@ Nuttso

Thanks for the compliment and let the update answer your question.

To control temperature I will use 2x BTC 8Amp controllers. The exhaust fan (3500m3/h) has a max current of 6,3Amp.
A05Y56iCIAAGOyi.jpg:large

The inlet fan (1400m3/h) a current of 1,5Amp. Normal I would use SPC 7Amp controller but the total current is 7,8 Amp.
A05ZNfDCAAAlO-Y.jpg:large

This isn't the HD standard so the setup will change. The BTC looks the same like a SPC.
A05ZZweCUAENjGX.jpg:large

Inside they look the same to
A05ZhWTCIAA_qPJ.jpg:large

The Cal min is a potentiometer you use to set the minimal ventilator speed
A05ZnB0CUAA-btj.jpg:large

Till the next update,

HD

Hennepdesk

Hennepdesk

Ready for the next update? planning to change your grow setup?

Ok time for the next update

Time to finish the switchboard and wiring. The components are mounted in a small junction box.
A09ZJtUCQAAnvHo.jpg:large

All components are mounted on din-rails. Now all cables have to be connected to the terminal clamps
A09ayr3CUAEmMVN.jpg:large

The wiring in the juntionbox, relay wiring and terminal clamps. The relays and timer.
A09bAY9CcAAAH9q.jpg:large

The cables are stripped and can be connected.
A09bbYwCcAAmRwL.jpg:large

The more cables get connected the bigger the spaghetti.
A09bkR5CEAA6jET.jpg:large

Work from the switch board to the ballasts and ventilators.
A09cNq6CUAAtM4p.jpg:large

You can use some waste wiring to ty up the cables.
A09cYUbCAAAV9h2.jpg:large

Some order in the cable salad.
A09cg8JCIAAbF17.jpg:large

So all cable in place. The wiring keeping the cables together will be replaced by ty-raps.
A09eFYlCcAAuwEB.jpg:large

The cover will protect the components against dust and water!
A09c6MXCQAANHST.jpg:large

Till the next update :)

HD

nuttso

nuttso

Fantastic work bro.... I really wan't to see that crossventilation running. I assume the climatacontroller will only regulate the in and outlet not the cross...will you run that manually?

bigdaftones

bigdaftones

Cable salad, I like that haha. Very impressive. Looked hopeless judging from the first post.

Hennepdesk

Hennepdesk

@ Nuttso
In a later update you'll see how I control the cross ventilation.
For now I tell you. Just with a simple 2 output fan controller.

@ Bigdaftones
It looks complex but it is 10x the same action.

The update:

The wooden framed 3500m3/h exhaust ventilator is mounted at its place to the metal construction.
A1H_3bUCcAAu5RY.jpg:large

The exhaust ventilators will exhaust in a metal exhaust duct. The exhaust air in the chimney or true the window depending on the season
A1IAP6VCQAAZ1y3.jpg:large

This is how it looks from the inside of the room.
A1IAgtKCAAAleRp.jpg:large

Just enough space to mount a box around the ventilator. In a small space you need to work very accurate to fit all in.
A1IAtHVCIAIoOYc.jpg:large

If you build a room from scratch you can plan where to have wall sockets and switches.
A1IAz2GCUAAb1vI.jpg:large

With this instrument I adjust (set) the min/max current for the ventilators in the fan controller
A1IA6q1CAAEuNYa.jpg:large

The minimum demand is set to 230W. This a continuous minimal current of 1 Amp.
A1IBH8tCMAAZwwb.jpg:large

Till the next update,

HD

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Hennep, your attention to detail and understanding of the gear you are working with is very impressive. As always thank you for sharing this process with all of us Farmers, this thread is packed with so much great information.

Top Bottom