2x2x4 grow tent setup questions(basement?)

• Thread starter ImpulsiveGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Hey farmer fam I’m getting my girlfriend set up with everything she needs to start her first grow. Her only option is the basement tho and I originally was going to get her LED light like the SF1000 or something similar but I feel the temps down there are going to be cooler than we want even tho it’s about to be summer. So help me out here and tell me I’m on the right track or give me some pointers. Instead of the LED I figured I would go with a 250 watt CMH and running a sealed environment to help keep it the optimal temp ranges. Also light distance could be a factor bc I don’t know the optimal distances for these bulbs. I thought since I’m doing that I may as well try some type of Co2 device like the exhale bags or the bottles. Do this sound like a good idea? My grow space is a lot different and I’m able to run LED and be fine temp wise. It’s a 2 by 2 by 4 tent so would that light be ok to use or will it make it too hot? I could always exhaust air instead of running it sealed if I have that problem tho. I feel this option will be a must for the winter time but how about now as the summer months approach (Chicagoland area). She’s gonna be running autoflower strains. I use LED so I don’t know much about the other bulb light options. I want this to be as cheap as possible I can’t be using two different bulbs for veg and flower so wuts the best bulb I should use for this setup and does this sound like a viable option?

PLantAsEED

PLantAsEED

I think you’re on the right track. For the light, I think it would be much more efficient and less maintenance to stick with the 100w* LED Qb. My thought is it would be better to be in the mid-60’s as opposed to the mid-80’s. Plus depending on the ductwork from the furnace in the basement, it may get warm in the winter when it is running and the struggle will be to stay cool, I know mine does.

Keep in mind that the heat projected from the light is based on the total watts. 1W = 3.41 BTU of heat regardless if it is LED or CMH/HPS. So if you are dead set on needing the extra heat a 250w LED will be just as warm as a 250w CMH but more efficient for PAR/PPFD scores.

I have no experience with the co2 bags/bottles but I can’t imagine that it would make much of a difference in a 2x2? I run a couple small tents and would like to know myself. Apologies for rambling :)

D

dspucch

With the basement being an option, make sure you have a dehumidifier and a humidifier circulating throughout the tent.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
I think you’re on the right track. For the light, I think it would be much more efficient and less maintenance to stick with the 100w* LED Qb. My thought is it would be better to be in the mid-60’s as opposed to the mid-80’s. Plus depending on the ductwork from the furnace in the basement, it may get warm in the winter when it is running and the struggle will be to stay cool, I know mine does.

Keep in mind that the heat projected from the light is based on the total watts. 1W = 3.41 BTU of heat regardless if it is LED or CMH/HPS. So if you are dead set on needing the extra heat a 250w LED will be just as warm as a 250w CMH but more efficient for PAR/PPFD scores.

I have no experience with the co2 bags/bottles but I can’t imagine that it would make much of a difference in a 2x2? I run a couple small tents and would like to know myself. Apologies for rambling :)
Ya but I wanna keep it as cheap as possible shes only running a 2x2 I wanted to get like a 100watt LED. I’m gonna research prices on the CMH bulbs and fixtures to figure out my best option. Thanx for the input!

PLantAsEED

PLantAsEED

Ya but I wanna keep it as cheap as possible shes only running a 2x2 I wanted to get like a 100watt LED. I’m gonna research prices on the CMH bulbs and fixtures to figure out my best option. Thanx for the input!

That makes sense. That is how I go about things, otherwise it doesn’t make the hobby worth it. I run 2-Mars hydro TS600w (100w) LED in one of my 3x3 tents and I have been a big fan especially when compared side by side with my HLG 240w Qb setup. Check them out. One would be perfect for a 2x2 They also have next to no heat sync to dissipate the heat so they run warmer than one may expect. You can run them anywhere from 12”-30” above the canopy depending on how the plants react.

You probably won’t need a dehu or humidifier in a space that small. Would be hard to justify the expense unless the basement has existing humidity issues. I have been going strong in a basement without any with the exemption of one run where the tent was just over filled still made it to harvest without any extra equipment. Just make sure you have proper air movement.

Best of luck

MARS HYDRO TS 600W LED Grow Light 2x2ft Coverage Sunlike Full Spectrum Grow Lamp Plants Growing for Hydroponic Indoor Seeding Veg and Bloom Greenhouse Growing Light Fixtures Four for 4x4 Footprint
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VL8FZS...abc_9S9A8HBKTTQP3K44WYKX?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

236E7991 B1FB 4363 BE75 C3406E1C4EE0
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
That makes sense. That is how I go about things, otherwise it doesn’t make the hobby worth it. I run 2-Mars hydro TS600w (100w) LED in one of my 3x3 tents and I have been a big fan especially when compared side by side with my HLG 240w Qb setup. Check them out. One would be perfect for a 2x2 They also have next to no heat sync to dissipate the heat so they run warmer than one may expect. You can run them anywhere from 12”-30” above the canopy depending on how the plants react.

You probably won’t need a dehu or humidifier in a space that small. Would be hard to justify the expense unless the basement has existing humidity issues. I have been going strong in a basement without any with the exemption of one run where the tent was just over filled still made it to harvest without any extra equipment. Just make sure you have proper air movement.

Best of luck

MARS HYDRO TS 600W LED Grow Light 2x2ft Coverage Sunlike Full Spectrum Grow Lamp Plants Growing for Hydroponic Indoor Seeding Veg and Bloom Greenhouse Growing Light Fixtures Four for 4x4 Footprint
Well I’m already running my setup which has a lot more bells and whistles but I Forsure like Mars and spider farmer but for my 2x8 1/2ft closet grow I have 2 kingbrite 240 watt quantum boards. After the 60$ shipping from China it was just over 200$ so and from my research it is a very reliable LED that uses meanwell drivers and quality diodes. She just really wants to have her own setup so I’m helping her get started but I’m already putting money into my start up so that’s why I wanna try to not spend as much. My ladies a tad behind but have really picked up once I got the new lights...
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VL8FZS...abc_9S9A8HBKTTQP3K44WYKX?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

48C4A208 CAC3 4B3C BBBD 2AFEDC9A695F
PLantAsEED

PLantAsEED

My best advice is to keep this startup as simple as possible. No extra equipment, No need to change or maintain bulbs, no extra worries. Just something to get to start to finish.

Basic small grow that can be expanded based on the environment and if your girl enjoys the hobby she can grow her skills with the equipment. And then if she doesn’t like it after 6 months we’ll your not out much $

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
My best advice is to keep this startup as simple as possible. No extra equipment, No need to change or maintain bulbs, no extra worries. Just something to get to start to finish.

Basic small grow that can be expanded based on the environment and if your girl enjoys the hobby she can grow her skills with the equipment. And then if she doesn’t like it after 6 months we’ll your not out much $
Ya I’m completely with ya on that. We usually split everything down the middle when we get nug or anything else but this is a different situation so I’m letting her get started so she can learn that it’s not just popping seeds in the ground and poof you have fire green. So I want her to learn and she says she’s wants to learn. I just know how I’ve been since picking up this hobby and I obsessively learn every thing I need to know to go from start to finish. I’m gonna help her of course but I want her to make a thcfarmer account and learn on her own and get involved in the forums to show me she can do it.

PLantAsEED

PLantAsEED

Well I’m already running my setup which has a lot more bells and whistles but I Forsure like Mars and spider farmer but for my 2x8 1/2ft closet grow I have 2 kingbrite 240 watt quantum boards. After the 60$ shipping from China it was just over 200$ so and from my research it is a very reliable LED that uses meanwell drivers and quality diodes. She just really wants to have her own setup so I’m helping her get started but I’m already putting money into my start up so that’s why I wanna try to not spend as much. My ladies a tad behind but have really picked up once I got the new lights...

Lucky man! Should be a great experience learning together. My girl just gets jealous from the time I spend with my plants. Even though she smokes the end product all day long lmao.

Cheers.

PhotonicsNerd79

PhotonicsNerd79

Hey farmer fam I’m getting my girlfriend set up with everything she needs to start her first grow. Her only option is the basement tho and I originally was going to get her LED light like the SF1000 or something similar but I feel the temps down there are going to be cooler than we want even tho it’s about to be summer. So help me out here and tell me I’m on the right track or give me some pointers. Instead of the LED I figured I would go with a 250 watt CMH and running a sealed environment to help keep it the optimal temp ranges. Also light distance could be a factor bc I don’t know the optimal distances for these bulbs. I thought since I’m doing that I may as well try some type of Co2 device like the exhale bags or the bottles. Do this sound like a good idea? My grow space is a lot different and I’m able to run LED and be fine temp wise. It’s a 2 by 2 by 4 tent so would that light be ok to use or will it make it too hot? I could always exhaust air instead of running it sealed if I have that problem tho. I feel this option will be a must for the winter time but how about now as the summer months approach (Chicagoland area). She’s gonna be running autoflower strains. I use LED so I don’t know much about the other bulb light options. I want this to be as cheap as possible I can’t be using two different bulbs for veg and flower so wuts the best bulb I should use for this setup and does this sound like a viable option?
In a 2x2x4'8" (Mars Hydro), a Hydra-1000 is a sure bet for your lighting solution. I'ld run a closed sys w/CO2; dirt on the carbon filter should accumulate in the exterior so vaccum from the c-filter side.

Top Bottom