$3,000 for 10 seeds…Insanity! Thug Pug Genetics

• Thread starter PLantAsEED
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jimmie

Jimmie

Just seen a new drop at a Michigan seed bank for Thug Pug genetics. $3k for a 10 pack. The strain is wedding poop which doesn’t even sound good 😂.

I don’t understand how they could charge so much, or who the hell has $3k to drop on beans. I’ve never even heard of this breeder. What is the hype about?

Seems bad for the culture, and getting more people to grow their own and change the stigma on cannabis.
Maybe it comes with 2 free lbs of wedding poop buds.

OldFarmer

OldFarmer

you guys think these seed prices are high try shopping for weed in a cookie dispensary. $55-60 1/8’s plus tax. So that’s like $70 for a few joint🤣. People love pretty packaging.
WoW $70 for few joints....in my town(small) A bag(28-30g) of very nice Buds $80 if you know the pro's 🥸
(dispensary) GOOD luck in my town🤪 I can't believe my eyes $70 for some cookies
I can hit a full box of cookies in the same night (Box 4x$70) $280 each day😱

AND ALL have to grow any thing in are gardens
the tomato's today $1 in 5 years maybe $5 or more☹️(c.o.v.i...)

Last edited:
Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
WoW $70 for few joints....in my town(small) A bag(28-30g) of very nice Buds $80 if you know the pro's 🥸
(dispensary) GOOD luck in my town🤪 I can't believe my eyes $70 for some cookies
I can hit a full box of cookies in the same night (Box 4x$70) $280 each day😱

AND ALL have to grow any thing in are gardens
the tomato's today $1 in 5 years maybe $5 or more☹️(c.o.v.i...)
Here is just one example lol
$60 an 1/8 and then you have all the taxes to pay.😁

OldFarmer

OldFarmer

NOW I Really Don't Believe My Eyes At 100%....3.5g FK...g Gouv....ment
legal for him plus his looking in others country for weeds
HERE my top man his a (dealer of weeds) maybe.....maybe not🤥

Will Smoke One Now just to calm (relax) down ....NL5xBB F1 😎 after I will get my eyes back
M9
Nl55

SEED of her humm 🤔 $5000 YES one MAYBE a male☹️

Last edited:
Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

My kids live in CA. They get top shelf for $50oz. Just as good as anything at the store.
Bought an ounce in Oregon for $100. I was on the road back to Alaska. My daughter told me she could have gotten it cheaper but I didn't have the time to wait. Excellent bud. This was in 2016 before any stores here had opened.

Sadly here in AK you either grow, pay for good black market or cough up $10 a gram at a store. I occasionally buy a gram just for a change and almost every time it's a disappointment.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I'll tell you who is buying these.. Licensed Producers in Canada and enormous production facilities.
A good friend of mine owned a very successful LP before selling it and told me out of the dozens of breeders they hunt for strains from, Thug Pug was one of if not the best of the bunch.

These prices are to keep the high end strains out of the average consumers hands. This trend will continue. Mark my words.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

I'll tell you who is buying these.. Licensed Producers in Canada and enormous production facilities.
A good friend of mine owned a very successful LP before selling it and told me out of the dozens of breeders they hunt for strains from, Thug Pug was one of if not the best of the bunch.

These prices are to keep the high end strains out of the average consumers hands. This trend will continue. Mark my words.
Good luck with no legal protection for cannabis related product trademarks, patents or copyrights. Copycats aren't far behind the trailblazer.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Good luck with no legal protection for cannabis related product trademarks, patents or copyrights. Copycats aren't far behind the trailblazer.
Not yet, but that's coming down the pipe in Canada also. They are frantically mapping genetics here to establish a baseline for proprietary branding.

And it's true copycats will emerge, but for an LP to aquire a strain that sets it apart is absolutely worth 3k to them.

growsince79

growsince79

Some of us already have high end genetics, and give em away to friends. Highest end price should be $1 tops.

Ponky

Ponky

Not yet, but that's coming down the pipe in Canada also. They are frantically mapping genetics here to establish a baseline for proprietary branding.

And it's true copycats will emerge, but for an LP to aquire a strain that sets it apart is absolutely worth 3k to them.
They pay 50k. And they grow it. And it's poo. And they have to sell off greenhouses and fire everyone. But they keep their padded cheques going as long as possible. If they had competent buyers they might one day sell good weed. But they don't, can't and won't. Thats why its jar after jar of great smelling pooh. And share holders hold the bag. Worst managed start ups ever conceived. They didn't even wire their buildings right. Had to do it twice. And then still failed. They know who they are.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Some of us already have high end genetics, and give em away to friends. Highest end price should be $1 tops.
That's a fact. When my friend started the LP most of their best selling strains were smuggled in through the back door. They sprouted tens of thousands of seeds acquired through legal channels from dozens of breeders and barely kept any of it, in one lot of DNA genetics they popped over 10k seeds and didn't keep a single plant. If I had to guess I'd say 80% of their top selling strains originally came from black market growers on Vancouver island.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter

They do the same thing with clones. But there is people exposing them.. check out a menu from first class. I’m all for making money but charging thousands of dollars for a clone that’s already in rotation and isn’t going to make you anymore money is 😜.
like the $60 1/8’s just because it came from a certain place. I don’t get it. But people keep buying it.
Most important today is what it’s on the package. Cool name a graphics your shits gonna sell lol

growsince79

growsince79

They pay 50k. And they grow it. And it's poo. And they have to sell off greenhouses and fire everyone. But they keep their padded cheques going as long as possible. If they had competent buyers they might one day sell good weed. But they don't, can't and won't. Thats why its jar after jar of great smelling pooh. And share holders hold the bag. Worst managed start ups ever conceived. They didn't even wire their buildings right. Had to do it twice. And then still failed. They know who they are.
The reason they can do that is because they sell company stock to bagholders who go broke while the top execs get rich.

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
When Aphria bought out my friend's LP they flew him out to Ontario to tour their facility. He gave them a laundry list of upgrade recommendations. Their reply to him was thanks, but we don't have any desire to produce the best product out there, we want to just grow as cost effectively as possible to produce a mid grade product for the masses. Shortly after they also told him he couldn't expand his company. That's when he realized they bought him out to keep him small, so he sold off his shares and retired.

Ponky

Ponky

When Aphria bought out my friend's LP they flew him out to Ontario to tour their facility. He gave them a laundry list of upgrade recommendations. Their reply to him was thanks, but we don't have any desire to produce the best product out there, we want to just grow as cost effectively as possible to produce a mid grade product for the masses. Shortly after they also told him he couldn't expand his company. That's when he realized they bought him out to keep him small, so he sold off his shares and retired.
My buddy had a contract with one of these companies. To do the extract division. They didn't produce any final product. 2 years later it was over. Instead of 20 varieties and premium genetics. They grew room after room of shiskaberry. And literally stored it in trucks. That had to keep moving. Literally driving around truck loads of poo no one ever bought. Geniuses. So for now legal weed is a huge scam. And you can't even invest in the crap.

growsince79

growsince79

And how much of that $50K gets kicked back to the buyers execs? Fuck big corperate weed.

Ponky

Ponky

And how much of that $50K gets kicked back to the buyers execs? Fuck big corperate weed.
The 50k is for the guy that hands over the clones and a sample. And they thought they were getting legit guys giving them the real kill. Hahhhhaaa. That's like me believing I'm getting a deal on a used car. I'm taking literal strangers asking around. Literally low tier customers trying to use the 50k payment to get the kill. A literal bank transaction. So naturally you rip em off. Laugh all the way to the bank. They thought they were slick. Sure the buyer got paid. But they also bought the poo. Hahaha.

Latest posts

Top Bottom