3 A Light Grow Teqnique Using Cyco Nutrients

• Thread starter EZ.GROW_630
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EZ.GROW_630

EZ.GROW_630

Hi All,
I am new to this site, but not new to growing. I am interested in trying the "3 a light" grow method, but i do not want to use the Success Nutrient line they sell with it. I currently run Cyco Nutes( full Line) and love them, but within this grow method they defoliate every single fan leaf calling it the "shwazzing" method. My question is, can i run this grow method using Cyco? The last thing i want to do is strip the plants of their fan leaves and have not feed the correct nutes and potentially cause a huge issue.

to clarify i guess the simple question is does anyone have any experience using the "3 a light" grow method without using their nutrient line? If yes, what was the secret to success?

MHOGSMI

MHOGSMI

Hey, I was talked into this method with one of my plants. I also use cyco line up. One thing I noticed was 2 days after the defoliation my remaining leafs showed some burnt tips. I had changed absolutely nothing. Which made me think that after I cut so much off, I had too much nutes in the rez with nothing to feed...If you do plan on going this route. I'd drop some ppms maybe the day prior. Follow the defoliation to the T. Other than that. My maui waui bounced back and I can tell the extra week of great light passed the canopy will pay off.

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

What techineues do they use? Just wondering about the book and what light should you use?

EZ.GROW_630

EZ.GROW_630

Hey, I was talked into this method with one of my plants. I also use cyco line up. One thing I noticed was 2 days after the defoliation my remaining leafs showed some burnt tips. I had changed absolutely nothing. Which made me think that after I cut so much off, I had too much nutes in the rez with nothing to feed...If you do plan on going this route. I'd drop some ppms maybe the day prior. Follow the defoliation to the T. Other than that. My maui waui bounced back and I can tell the extra week of great light passed the canopy will pay off.
Great to hear, did you see a big difference in quality or yield compared to your normal grow method? I was going to defoliate the entire plant on a nute feed day thinking that the plant would be stressed and absorb the nutes even more after cutting off all of the fan leaves. Maybe i will hold off on defoliation until sunday when i flush (water and kleanse)? what do you think? The safe play is probably what you said and just back down the ppm a little and adjust accordingly.

EZ.GROW_630

EZ.GROW_630

What techineues do they use? Just wondering about the book and what light should you use?
the three a light is just another growing method used by growers. the difference with this one, is it requires you to remove all fan leaves, once at the beginning of flower, and once around 20 days in. No change in light, just the name, but since you ask i run 3 ES300 wide band sky lights. If you are familiar with deflation, this is similar just on a more extreme level. a typical defoliation would be removing most fan leaves, especially in areas that block light from bud sites and also removing some from the base of the plant to allow air flow throughout the plant (only try if you know what you are doing, no offense). The three a light calls for a full defoliation of every fan leave. Why i was concerned was i run a different nutrient line that the book offers. I use Cyco, and the three a light guys have their own nutrient line called "success" which they claim their method only works with their nutes (bs). But i wanted to ask being that defoliation will trigger a different nutrient feed, but with cyco, the full line includes the same if not more micronuets than the success does.

MHOGSMI

MHOGSMI

Great to hear, did you see a big difference in quality or yield compared to your normal grow method? I was going to defoliate the entire plant on a nute feed day thinking that the plant would be stressed and absorb the nutes even more after cutting off all of the fan leaves. Maybe i will hold off on defoliation until sunday when i flush (water and kleanse)? what do you think? The safe play is probably what you said and just back down the ppm a little and adjust accordingly.

Hey. So this is my first go round trying this. I applied this method to my Maui waui going into flower. To be honest. It wasn't much different than I'm already doing. I've scrogged this plant out. Everything below is chopped off. So what I had above the screen was 5 nodes worth. Si breath I just clipped off two more sets and all fan leaves associated with those nodes. I left only the top two fan leaves that were directly attached to the top site. If they were bigger than a half dollar, then then they were removed. My plant has since bounced back no problem. But I don't think doing this training technique with a sativa dominate strain is a good idea which mine is. Just my 2 cents. But we'll see. My next defoliation will be April 12th. But my buddy who runs 60plants and 28k watts of lights swears by it. Said he almost doubled his yeild.... I've attached his before and after. As well as my Maui waui before and after 11days apart.

Received 3056606104402852
Received 1589086504573425
20200323 095231
20200403 182811
EZ.GROW_630

EZ.GROW_630

Did you adjust any nutes when you defoliated? I just defoliate for the second time yesterday. Only change I did was doubled the sugar rush 2ml/L instead of one. We’ll see they look the same today but I anticipated no growth for a few days after stressing it out from defoliating. Your canopy looks great plants look healthy. Looks like me and you both are in this shit for the long haul northern of us have tried this extreme defoliation shit, happy travels hopefully we both are happy at the end! It’s such a scary sight seeing plants defoliated lol

LeafDrop420

LeafDrop420

I completely stripped leaves the day I flipped. I’m removing large fan leaves tomorrow And I’m 3.5 weeks in but not stripping completely again. Leaving them alone after this. To each their own. Figured I’d show you my experience with the first stage at least. I completely recommend it if you’re growing bushy plants like myself and you’re putting in a scrog. I’ve never done the “sea of green” method as shown above my post so I can’t say for that. Heard great things about that method though 👍 happy flowering

8435C358 7C2F 4FAC BAF9 0B17FC997DCA
E566AB93 5E2B 4A54 B72F B76A70E232D8
4834485B F77A 4A3A AD53 8F84F2241685
CA874F5E 99D0 41E3 9AFA 70EFB64C8254
needshelpguy

needshelpguy

Keep us updated I'm still in early vege familiar to defoliation and have had better results when I do but might try going extreme on one or two plants

Latest posts

Top Bottom