3 leaves on my "issue' plant

• Thread starter Vb2flat2surf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

So I have had numerous questions on this one plant since it germinated. It has always been the runt, or yellowing, or near dying since it germinated. I had issues with all of my plants from over watering, light height and strength in the beggining.
My plants are 5 weeks old, Grandaddy Purp Autoflowers. They are clearly in early flowering and full of bud sites and white pistils.
The latest thing I have seen with this plant is very minimal nute burn with a little yellowing on the tips and 3 leaves on 90 percent of the plant.. The plant received the same as every other plant. But I never thought that with it being the runt of the family lol, that it could have used less.
This plant has the most white pistils and what appears to be bud sites (I'm a brand new grower and still trying to get the terminology down lol).
My question is, should I just gol to straight PH balanced water from here on out on tgis plant, raise it a little closer to the light, pick up when I switch fertilizers for Bloom stage but at a quarter does?
Lastly will a plant with issues such as these produce smoke able bud or is it considered a mutant and not recommended to smoke?
Any helpful responses would be awesome.

3 leaves on my issue plant
3 leaves on my issue plant 2
3 leaves on my issue plant 3
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Bloomspect 1200W. I am running them 20/4 cycle. I was on 24 hours lighting a week and a half ago. My lights have a bloom switch and Veg switch and I have both on (red, white and blue diodes).
Light Details:
  • Model Number: B1200
  • LED Power: 1200W (120x10W)
  • LED Types: dual Epiled/Bridgelux chips
  • HPS Replacement: 600W HPS/MH
  • Dimensions: 15.7" x 9.4" x2.8"
  • Input Voltage: AC 100-240V
  • Frequency: 50-60Hz
  • B1200W PPFD value is about 2886 umol/m²s at 6 inch height, and about 1160 umol/m²s at 12 inch height
Here is a picture of the light. I have it about 18 inches away. I have a second one I can use, bit it caused my tent to stay in the upper 80s and lower 90s when I tried to use them both.

20210909 184037
20210909 184008
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

I also have not tried the second light since I got my bigger 6" exhaust though. Does it seem they have a lack of light?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I also have not tried the second light since I got my bigger 6" exhaust though. Does it seem they have a lack of light?
Not so much as lack of light, but more lack of full spectrum.
It turns out that cannabis not only likes the green and white light, it helps it grow properly.
Your lights are plenty strong enough, they don't have the freq;s you need.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I have no idea how long it will last but one of the forum sponsors has a sale going right now.
I suggest you get a SF1000D while they are $89 and change. That would be your main light and you use the blurples to fill in.
There comes a point where the plants are missing out. They need better light.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Ok awesome info. Thought I would run into this issue. I winged it to be honest due to time and space constraints and at the time, budget constraints. I'm seeing that I'm going to be getting into this hobby so tge investment will be worth it..do you think they will still produce decent buds though or just not at all

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

You will get buds, but they won't be fully developed or as potent as possible.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Ok :(. I'll be happy with that for a first run. I have the money now, but still will have space constraints as well as time. Depending on how much I get out of these guys, u will probably just wait till we buy our house and can have a space set aside for it.

Top Bottom