3 Per Light ... Who's Hitting It?

• Thread starter Mr.GoodCat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

Curious as to who is hitting these numbers and what strain you're running and what light and light spacing you're using.

The Terps

The Terps

I hit close to those numbers on chems, gg4, with this nf1 cut I used to have 3 was the number but with cookies and sherbert closer to 2.7. 5'x5' light spread. DE lighting. It's about having everything dialed and you can hit 3 a light with most strains.

The Terps

The Terps

The Secret Recipe

Healthy plants, proper environment all day and night from day one till finish that mean lighting and environment, proper irrigation and nutrient practices, no bugs, wilt, pm, no decencies, knowing your strain, nutes, and equipment. Proper maintenance pruining, cleaning, cloning and ipm. Proper veg times proper plant placement.

Not taking short cuts, using band aides or rushing anything.

Genetics play into also but isn't luck or a gavita, or a box of rockwool it's every little thing every day.

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

The Secret Recipe

Healthy plants, proper environment all day and night from day one till finish that mean lighting and environment, proper irrigation and nutrient practices, no bugs, wilt, pm, no decencies, knowing your strain, nutes, and equipment. Proper maintenance pruining, cleaning, cloning and ipm. Proper veg times proper plant placement.

Not taking short cuts, using band aides or rushing anything.

Genetics play into also but isn't luck or a gavita, or a box of rockwool it's every little thing every day.

I've got everything dialed. I'm running de with adjustawings. Plants are extremely healthy standing strait up praying to the lights, growing 3-4 inches a day. My footprint is 4 x 5'4" with the wings. Running 12k right now. Temp humidity 77-70 dtw coco/perlite with heavy 16 aptus. Top fed multiple times a day with low ppm 400-500 at 5.9ph. I've got everything pretty well set but don't think my footprint is big enough to hit 3. Best to date is 2.25 under a 4x4 footprint

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

I find it hard to believe anyone's hitting 3 per light. Maybe if you count our sun as a light lol.
I've got over 2 without optimum conditions. 3 seems like a stretch but I think it can be done with the right variables, looking for those variables from anyone who has hit it.

S

SHIRDABZALOT

I've hit 3 a light several times. It's strain dependent. I can hit the number with gg4, white romulan, and loctite. Mono cropping helps. As its been stated room has to be dialed. If I'm running 10 plants I take 40 clones and select the 10 best and trash the rest.....best part is I can do it under single ended horti hps, in 10 gallon pots of ffof and bio bizz nutes with teas weekly. 6-8 week veg. All topshelf. It takes years of practice and failures to get to that level though. I love how some newb watches someone killing it and thinks there gonna replicate it in a run or 2. Not happening.

S

SHIRDABZALOT

I've personally seen my friend hitting 4 a light in coco under gavitas. Dutch master a and b, hydroplex and a zyme. didn't believe him either .....until I witnessed it and became a believer. Trust me there's people out there doing it crazy. The strain he was hitting those numbers on was jilly bean.

Organica

Organica

Wow must be some serious work involved and a huge veg time hitting those numbers. That's something else that wasn't mentioned how long are u guys vegging to get these numbers?

The Terps

The Terps

Veg time is relative to strain and plant count from rooted clone I typically shoot for a 14 days in the veg room and another 7-14 in the flower room before flip. I figure it takes about a week for root development another week to go from clone to teen and that's where strain and plant count comes into play, that next 7-14 days in the bloom room. I run 315s in my veg rooms so power consumption isn't huge and I can veg about 14-20 lights worth of teens under three 315s so I just try and take clones when I have 30 days left in flower. So I get 14 days to root and 14 days veg pretty simple. But if I tried to treat my candyland like a chem or gg4 yeild would suffer greatly.
It has a lot to do with time invested in growing. I'm just starting to get there after 9 years of developing my skills. And I definitely wouldn't say I'm an expert or mastergrower either. Just keep trying to improve cause it's doable. I know growers far bigger and better than myself who consider 2.5-2.75 a failure

S

SHIRDABZALOT

@terp your right on about veg times. Some take 3 weeks and some strains like grape ape take 8 weeks of veg.....and you still will barely hit 2 a light. The best analogy of have heard about growing was explained by a racecar driver/builder. He said you don't just stick a huge motor in a car and win races.....it's all the lil things ;tire pressure, altitude relative humidity, oil viscosity etc, etc. It's all the lil things all together that win the race. It's no single factor when growing to true genetic potential it's everything combined. I have been at this for more than 2 decades and I still learn something new everyday about this plant. Diligence and tenacity and resilience are 3 words you should really have and would describe yourself, if your in growing for the long run.

F

FooDoo

I was at 2.75 per light on 4 thousands in a tiny tent grow but had a lot of fox tailing from heat stress. Have since moved down to 600s so now I'm just going after GPW

Btw this was in a 10x10x7 gorilla tent. UC double barrel 16, 8-gallon system. 4 plants per 5x5 space. Minisplit. SE 1000 hps in large adjust a wings. High humidity following VPD of .8 in veg and 1.0 lights on and 1.2 lights off in flower. Took cuttings and rooted in ez cloner for 14 days. Right into the system for 10 day veg then flip lights to 12/12 for 10 weeks.

Organica

Organica

I'm forgetting that it could be 4 plants under a light or 100 lol guess that would make a difference in veg also. Who's getting these huge numbers in vert?

The Terps

The Terps

Just finished trimming half my room today that was Chemdog 91 you can check it out In my thread ,Terps house, if interested kinda an evolution of rooms and techquniques and mishaps nothing proprietary or special. Anyways final trim weight was 2.94 per light. That doesn't include the little larffers normally a few zips and the bag of buds I kept to smoke on that fell off the plants when harvesting which is an easy ounce so that will bump the final tally to a smidgen over three.

Latest posts

Top Bottom