3 questions (day 53 since 12/12 flip): humidity, watering, and leaf appearance

• Thread starter NewbieTed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NewbieTed

NewbieTed

Good day all,
This is my first grow (photoperiod Lemon Jeffery in soil). I posted elsewhere that I've stressed my plants by topping, FIMming, supercropping, defoliating and just generally neurotically picking on the plants.

So, with all the above, my plants and buds are on the small side. But I do have a ton of buds and have reconciled myself to lots of popcorn because of my abuse.

Three questions, though, just to make sure there's not anything I missed.

#1- I can't keep the humidity under 40% . I'm growing in my bathroom and at night with the exhaust fan running, the humidity won't go under 50% unless I put the house thermostat at 64°F, in which case, the relative humidity will go down into the mid to upper 40s. It's well over 100°F every day, but I'm freezing with keeping the inside temps down that low to reduce humidity inside. I know I need a dehumidifier, but my electric bills, between the lights and air conditioning, my funds are more restricted. Anything else I can do for the humidity that won't cost $$$?

#2 question: even though I have 7 gallon fabric pots, I doubled them up because they seemed kind of flimsy and I don't want them to break open. I think that was a mistake because I've never been able to water more than every four to five days, else the soil gets and stays too wet. I don't know what else to do, am I harming my girls with underwatering? They look great , even on day 5 after watering (see today's photo) I'm on day 5 since watering.

#3 question: I think this is not a problem, but many of my leaves have yellow tips and less have brownish spots and edges (see photo).

Any suggestions for this grow or future ones? (Aside from reducing plant abuse). Overall I'm pretty happy, especially considering how much I've harassed the poor girls. I will update this thread with progress until my harvest.
Thanks!

3 questions day 53 since 1212 flip humidity watering and leaf appearance
3 questions day 53 since 1212 flip humidity watering and leaf appearance 2
NewbieTed

NewbieTed

Also, I'm always on the lookout for pests. The only thing that I've seen is one or two gnats here and there. That's another reason why I don't want to water to much. Next grow will have more perlite added to FF Happy Frog.

Chem77

Chem77

1) I’ve never had a problem in the 50% range, I run my room 50-60%.
2) I would take the second bag off if you can.
3) Almost looks like thrip damage, look at undersides of leaves, magnifying glass can help for some pests.

Ponky

Ponky

Humidity is fine. Don't ruminate on it. 1 bag is enough. That volume of soil will take a longer time to dry relative to the canopy size. And once you get a final weight you'll know if you did well. Buds fatten up at the end.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Some Plant Therapy will kill the remaining FGs. Till it into the top inch.
I would remove the second fabric pot. The soil is not breathing properly.
Do that and see how it changes.

NewbieTed

NewbieTed

Unfortunately I'm an old, weak woman and trying to get those soil-filled pots out of the tub is difficult with the body mechanics. Hubby is in the same boat. But I learned that double bags is not good and I won't make that mistake.

I'm happy about the humidity being okay. I've been having nightmares about mold and fungus. Did I say that I'm neurotic?

Thrips: I've searched and looked at multiple leaves with my loupe and an not seeing any pests at all. Not much I could do about them this late in the grow. I just hope it doesn't get worse.

One positive is that Hubby wanted to give the crop a smoke, out of curiosity and if I had to harvest early. I explained that the trichromes were still clear and there wouldn't be much of a high. He toasted a bud in the convection oven (at 225°F), rolled it in a joint and gave it a test. He said that it was comparable to the commercial stuff we buy. But he says that the true test is the first smoke of the day to assess the high properly. So that will be tomorrow's experiment with some of my popcorn buds.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

My wife and I are both disabled. I have nerve issues in my spine, Thank you US Army!
She is getting better but still has issues with her back and legs.

I have a small block and tackle that will let you lift 100 pounds with 2 fingers. You can probably find a small one at home depot or some place like that.
With it, you can move anything in your grow easily.

Anthem

Anthem

You probably have about 2 to 3 weeks to go in flower. I do not believe removing the second fabric pot at this time is really going to do that much in terms of yield and quality. I would just leave them considering your situation and maybe leave them off on the next run.

NewbieTed

NewbieTed

These are duplicate/cross posts on my threads, so those of you who are interested in my grow results don't have to go through all of my threads to search for my harvest info. I'm doing what I wish other posters do.

If duplicate posts of my grow results aren't allowed, please let me know.

From another of my threads:

"Yeah! Eleven weeks since 12/12 flip today and I did my top harvest this morning! I looked at each bud at the trichomes (with the loupe) and they are mostly cloudy with sprinkling of amber ones. The full amount so far from the six plants is 363g! Recently I've been drying buds for Hubby's sampling and the yield has been about 25%, so assuming a yield of 22.5%, it's 2.90oz! I was hoping to get at least an ounce a plant and it looks like I'll get it. I'm thrilled at my results, given that this is the first grow! Hubby and I have quite a tolerance, but so far it's stronger than what we usually buy at the dispensary. My son reported that one of his non-tolerant (as far as frequency of use) friends smoked a bud from last week and said that it is excellent.

I picked the ones that are ready and some of the smaller buds that were casting shade. Afterwards, I watered with 1/3 prescribed nutes. I'm not flushing, nor am I doing a blackout period due to the staged harvest. I'll continue to update my posts. It bothers me that so many people post with questions and problems, but my main question usually goes unanswered: the yield at the end of the full harvest.

Next harvest in five days (right before the next watering is due).
PXL 20210708 172618626
PXL 20210708 182024816

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
These are duplicate/cross posts on my threads, so those of you who are interested in my grow results don't have to go through all of my threads to search for my harvest info. I'm doing what I wish other posters do.

If duplicate posts of my grow results aren't allowed, please let me know.

From another of my threads:

"Yeah! Eleven weeks since 12/12 flip today and I did my top harvest this morning! I looked at each bud at the trichomes (with the loupe) and they are mostly cloudy with sprinkling of amber ones. The full amount so far from the six plants is 363g! Recently I've been drying buds for Hubby's sampling and the yield has been about 25%, so assuming a yield of 22.5%, it's 2.90oz! I was hoping to get at least an ounce a plant and it looks like I'll get it. I'm thrilled at my results, given that this is the first grow! Hubby and I have quite a tolerance, but so far it's stronger than what we usually buy at the dispensary. My son reported that one of his non-tolerant (as far as frequency of use) friends smoked a bud from last week and said that it is excellent.

I picked the ones that are ready and some of the smaller buds that were casting shade. Afterwards, I watered with 1/3 prescribed nutes. I'm not flushing, nor am I doing a blackout period due to the staged harvest. I'll continue to update my posts. It bothers me that so many people post with questions and problems, but my main question usually goes unanswered: the yield at the end of the full harvest.

Next harvest in five days (right before the next watering is due).View attachment 1143747View attachment 1143749
you should just keep everything under one thread..

NewbieTed

NewbieTed

Okey dokey, sorry, won't happen again in the future. Please delete any duplicate posts that I've already made. I guess I should have done a grow diary. Next time, I will.
Thx!

Latest posts

Top Bottom