3 square meter balcony outdoor grow - Sour Diesel - Will the neighbors smell it?

• Thread starter thorburger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

thorburger

Whats up everyone,

Last year I found great success with my first grow. It was indoor, Auto Northern Lights from seeds, just by the window shelf in soil. Got 60gr. from 3 plants and it smokes amazingly.
The apartment stank like a motherfucker for 5 months straight, but it was a welcoming smell every day as I came back from school :)
I gave them 12-12 light, as soon as I saw signs of flowering, by carrying the plants into a closet every night, and waking them up every morning bringing them back to the window shelf.

My living situation before we go further:
I live in Amsterdam, where I technically am allowed to have up to 5 plants as long as no lamp is being used in the growing operation. My rent contract however states very clearly that growing cannabis is not allowed. The landlord and myself have a good relationship, he has never visited the apartment and respects me and my girlfriend's privacy. Therefore I had no issues last year with the Northern Lights stinking up the apartment and no neighbour seemed to notice anything.
In general, I have a good relationship with all neighbours. There is nobody in the complex being extra bitchy or anything.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The plan this summer:
This summer I plan to step it up a notch, with my first outdoor balcony growing operation, as I purchased three Sour Diesel seeds last week.
They will fit neatly into a corner of the balcony, I am not concerned about a lack of sunlight at all, and this is top floor so no neighbour can spot the plants.

My main concern is if my fellow neighbours start complaining about the smell, which is why I ask:
How pungent is the smell of 3 Sour Diesel plants growing on a balcony?
How far does the smell travel? Will the neighbours definitely notice it? Will no neighbour be able to relax on their own balcony this summer due to my little experiment?
Is a small fan going to assist in distributing the smell?

As its outdoors, I am imagining I won't be experiencing the same SLAP IN THE FACE that welcomed me home every day last summer with the plants inside, but I am not sure.
After all, this is Sour Diesel we are talking about.

Hopefully some of you out there speak of experience with regards to balcony growing. All assistance is highly appreciated.
Maybe I'll post photographs of the balcony setup next week.

Thanks!
- Thorburger

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Whats up everyone,

Last year I found great success with my first grow. It was indoor, Auto Northern Lights from seeds, just by the window shelf in soil. Got 60gr. from 3 plants and it smokes amazingly.
The apartment stank like a motherfucker for 5 months straight, but it was a welcoming smell every day as I came back from school :)
I gave them 12-12 light, as soon as I saw signs of flowering, by carrying the plants into a closet every night, and waking them up every morning bringing them back to the window shelf.

I live in Amsterdam, where I technically am allowed to have up to 5 plants as long as no lamp is being used in the growing operation. My rent contract however states very clearly that growing cannabis is not allowed. The landlord and myself have a good relationship, he has never visited the apartment and respects me and my girlfriend's privacy. Therefore I had no issues last year with the Northern Lights stinking up the apartment and no neighbour seemed to notice anything.
In general, I have a good relationship with all neighbours. There is nobody in the complex being extra bitchy or anything.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The plan this summer:
This summer I plan to step it up a notch, with my first outdoor balcony growing operation, as I purchased three Sour Diesel seeds last week.
They will fit neatly into a corner of the balcony, I am not concerned about a lack of sunlight at all, and this is top floor so no neighbour can spot the plants.

My main concern is if my fellow neighbours start complaining about the smell, which is why I ask:
How far does the smell travel? Will the neighbours definitely notice it? Will no neighbour be able to relax on their own balcony this summer due to my little experiment?

As its outdoors, I am imagining I won't be experiencing the same SLAP IN THE FACE that welcomed me home every day last summer with the plants inside, but I am not sure.

Hopefully some of you out there speak of experience with regards to balcony growing. All assistance is highly appreciated.

Thanks!
- Thorburger
Sour D is pretty dank. The smell will travel a good bit. They may or may not be able to smell, only time will tell. There is no way to say with certainty that your neighbors wont be able to detect the aroma.

Kingjoshh

Kingjoshh

Whats up everyone,

The plan this summer:

Thanks!
- Thorburger
I’ve heard people smell weed plants 3 houses over.

T

thorburger

Sour D is pretty dank. The smell will travel a good bit. They may or may not be able to smell, only time will tell. There is no way to say with certainty that your neighbors wont be able to detect the aroma.

Thanks! you make a fair point, guess I just have to find out

MDGrnthum68

MDGrnthum68

I'm new to the growing myself bud, but I will have to second the other guy in his comment Sour Diesel is dank with that said I can pretty much bet your neighbors will smell it. If I might make a suggestion keep to inside and only put one outdoor that way it will be very little smell. Only say that because if your relationship with your neighbors is on the good side would you not want to keep it that way why mess it up.

T

thorburger

Dude you just never know,ive sourced probably 8-9 diff SD strains from diff growers>some reeked bad<some didnt. Just growit and ownit ,dont let anyone fuck with you or your plants

Cheers man thats exactly what I plan to do! Only one way to find out :)

FrankieG

FrankieG

Yeah, they'll smell it. Sour D was in my outdoor garden 5 years ago. I farm outdoors on 2.5 acres, my garden was about 400 feet from the road and my mailbox, and it reeked all the way down the road. You could smell it driving by...no shit. That was some paranoia inducing weed, and I hadn't even smoked it yet. The good news is they only really reek hard for about two weeks when they're at their peek, so when they're going off like that, don't be too anal about trichomes, as long as they're milky and you got a few traces of amber, take'em. If you take them then, if properly dried, cured and stored, it'll retain that great smell for a long, long time.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Yepp, it's gonna stink, no way around it unless the plants are tiny, which don't think is your plan. Not much can be done to get rid of the smell, unless you break a bottle of Fox Piss (available at trapping supply stores). It smells so bad that it will linger for months or more. The neighbors will MF you every time they smell it, but they won't think it's cannabis growing!
Obviously this doesn't help you much, but the idea popped into my mind after folks hat were a few doors away from a small grow kept complaining about skunks in the woods behind their houses. After a while the skunks must have moved on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom