3 Week Outdoor Autoflowers Too Small?

• Thread starter Leo1978
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Leo1978

Hello,

This is my very first try to grow my own cannabis.
It is an outdoor grow of two seeds. When I got the seeds, the package and also the website said they grow all year round if the temperature is over 10° celsius. I am in southern Greece on an island. The weather here is like 20-23 in the day time now in October and at night about 16-18. Daylight is about 10 - 12 hours and they get direct sunlight about 8 hours. They are 3 weeks now and I am sure they are very small compared to other pics I have seen online.
What I did: Put them in water for a few days. Then on a wet cotton 2 more days till the root grew a bit more and then I planted them both in a big pot. I was going to keep them like that (I dont want anything big from the plants. Just maybe 30 gramms each tree) but I was told i should separate them so I did. Online I had read not to overwater them and just try keep the soil a bit moist. So I just watered them with a bit of water every 2nd day when the soil got dry. The one that was taken to another pot is much smaller. It probably has gone through a shock! Some people say that they can just start growing all of a sudden or something.
I am uploading pics so you can see and let me know your thoughts. Will I get anything out of them?
Thanks!

Plant1 a
Plant 1 b
Plant1 c
Plant2 1
Plant2 2
Plant2 3
Bannacis

Bannacis

Considering how small they are they look in great health and good tight node spacing.
seedlings are a weird grow, sometimes they will just grow and others they sit for a bit...
Not sure of your medium type, if it has trace nutrients or not. it kinda looks like real dirt, could use extra perlite. cause real dirt can compact.
but just keep up what your doing, after they get a little bigger you can lightly feed nutes with your watering.
You didn't mention strain or if reg or fem seeds. at this stage it's too early to tell end results.
Let alone if they are fems or males yet....
Plus thing you have...is your on a Island in Southern Greece...nice...

L

Leo1978

Hello,

Thanks for the reply! Yes, They are in soil I bought from a flower shop. They are feminized white widow and super lemon haze. I did a bit of slight digging in the soil around them and I found some other thicker roots. I dont know if it is grass growing in the soil or the roots of the autoflower.

Bannacis

Bannacis

You don't want to disturb the roots or the plant itself, since it is auto flowering. That will slow its growth pattern and diminish yield.
I'm not sure of the strains auto traits, usually 3-5 weeks of veg growth, then they start to flower. the site you got the seeds should provide the growth schedule so you know how long veg period is. that will tell you when to start flower nutrients about a week before its time of flowering begins.

Brazloko

Brazloko

i could be wrong,but it seems like you pot is to big,i am a new grower and i am in my fist crop,and i start with 35
regulars seeds ,and 2 months later i only have 5 females, well i realized e plant can get more nutrients in a smaller
pot when seedling,think abut it ,when you water this big vase water runs to the bottom and is nothing left to the roots ,later you can transplant to a bigger pot but i think your pot is to big for seedling .

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
They will be fine if you keep up the light water and soon start to mix up light feeds you will be surprised I'm sure . Good luck mate .

Bannacis

Bannacis

i could be wrong,but it seems like you pot is to big,i am a new grower and i am in my fist crop,and i start with 35
regulars seeds ,and 2 months later i only have 5 females, well i realized e plant can get more nutrients in a smaller
pot when seedling,think abut it ,when you water this big vase water runs to the bottom and is nothing left to the roots ,later you can transplant to a bigger pot but i think your pot is to big for seedling .
For Autos it is best not to disturb them, putting them in a bigger pot eliminates the transplant step and also the disturbance of the plant growth. They are on a limited growth schedule. if he waters/feeds them lightly they will be fine and grow into the larger pot. with regular seeds I agree with your statement.

Simba1

Simba1

Hello guys I have got 1 auto seed as a gift and i planted in a 25 lit pot and its 3 weed old can u tell me is it normal that the plan is small cause i have seen femenized and it not like this?? In need help.......please.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Hello guys I have got 1 auto seed as a gift and i planted in a 25 lit pot and its 3 weed old can u tell me is it normal that the plan is small cause i have seen femenized and it not like this?? In need help.......please.
The plant looks nice and healthy albeit a lil small. I am not an auto grower, but in general a small plant in a large pot is gonna grow slower. I am aware of the "trouble" transplanting autos, I have a feminized Purple Kush Auto That I germinated last week for outdoors .Luckily it will be among 4 other established photos because so far, I am not impressed with autos judging from this shot.

Keep up your good work and hopefully she grows up fast.

Simba1

Simba1

The plant looks nice and healthy albeit a lil small. I am not an auto grower, but in general a small plant in a large pot is gonna grow slower. I am aware of the "trouble" transplanting autos, I have a feminized Purple Kush Auto That I germinated last week for outdoors .Luckily it will be among 4 other established photos because so far, I am not impressed with autos judging from this shot.

Keep up your good work and hopefully she grows up fast.
Tnx alot , if I trasplantit to smaller Is it ganabe okey or I just keep it in the same pot?U know I am not watering it too much till now so there was little draining from the bottom .Iam applying 20.20.20 but 1.8 of recommanded dosage .

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Tnx alot , if I trasplantit to smaller Is it ganabe okey or I just keep it in the same pot?U know I am not watering it too much till now so there was little draining from the bottom .Iam applying 20.20.20 but 1.8 of recommanded dosage .
TRANSPLANTING , IN GENERAL, IS VERY STRESSFUL FOR CANNABIS. Autos do not need very large pots since the limited growing time will not produce a huge root ball.

Since the Auto's flowering is pre-determined genetically, it has no time to recover from being slowed/stunted. Again, I am a Photo grower and only repeating what I have heard/read. My own single auto is in Rockwool in a Solo cup. TBH, if she were a photo, I would cull her, but since she's the only one..it will be fun to experiment.

Top Bottom