30 years ago...

• Thread starter Poekie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Awesome! Well I find it a little hard to travel because I am a father now. Maybe when I am 70 years of age i can go be a wizard . LoL

I felt a strong attraction to Nepal and Bhutan for a long time. I think its the spirituality there. I wanted to go there and live in a monastery for 6 months practicing Falun dafa (meditation)
But life happened and things change.

Why did you like India the best? I have read people say you can smell it when you fly over India. And heard some examples of living there. Stuck in traffic is common..
Would like to go myself someday. Dont know if I can stomach the extreme poverty and Kids going hungry though

Also the heat man. The heat. I barely deal with the heat in Spain. Cant handle the sun when much of the year iS winter

Last edited:
Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
Awesome! Well I find it a little hard to travel because I am a father now. Maybe when I am 70 years of age i can go be a wizard . LoL

I felt a strong attraction to Nepal and Bhutan for a long time. I think its the spirituality there. I wanted to go there and live in a monastery for 6 months practicing Falun dafa (meditation)
But life happened and things change.

Why did you like India the best? I have read people say you can smell it when you fly over India. And heard some examples of living there. Stuck in traffic is common..
Would like to go myself someday. Dont know if I can stomach the extreme poverty and Kids going hungry though
Of course, being a father means you have responsibilities.

I love India exactly because of what you say, spirituality.
That is indeed something that seems to hang in the air, its everywhere.
Complete opposite of Holland.

India is chaos, beauty, horror, culture shock, disease.
Himalaya, desert, jungle, tigers (what an incredible animal, so lucky i saw them), elephants, last of the Asian lions, yes, lions are not just in Africa, temples, castles, people in colorful dresses and jewelry, smell of incense everywhere, remains of ancient cultures all over the place, and so much more...

I also try a bit of yoga and meditation sometimes, and find ayurveda very interesting.

Will try to find an old Pic i made in Nepal, my favorite Pic ever, i called it girl with the vultures.

Will make a Pic of the Pic to show you, sorry if its not a great quality.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
it has been nice throughout life to be able to travel. near and far, i have found if you put a bit of effort into your neighborhood and your community, it is usually an amazing place.

each place i have been has been unique in its people. it is sort of interesting the diversity within cities here in the USA. if you have ever been to Timberon NM, you cannot compare it to Casper WY, neither small town compare in any way to nyc, miami or NOLA and none to the other!

when i travel, a rule i guide myself by is not to want to be anywhere but there! dive into what they do, eat and say. most people want to help any who try! it was not like today, but it was like humanity everywhere, if you try, they try.

i believe in community (my posts here reflect that) dance with the one that brung ya!

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
it has been nice throughout life to be able to travel. near and far, i have found if you put a bit of effort into your neighborhood and your community, it is usually an amazing place.

each place i have been has been unique in its people. it is sort of interesting the diversity within cities here in the USA. if you have ever been to Timberon NM, you cannot compare it to Casper WY, neither small town compare in any way to nyc, miami or NOLA and none to the other!

when i travel, a rule i guide myself by is not to want to be anywhere but there! dive into what they do, eat and say. most people want to help any who try! it was not like today, but it was like humanity everywhere, if you try, they try.

i believe in community (my posts here reflect that) dance with the one that brung ya!
Inspiring words !
Still hope one day to see some of those places in the US...

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
I will take a look and perhaps I can throw some adjustment layers on. 😎
IMG 20210719 2032032

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
Thanks man but i have been on the farm for almost 2 years now.

Someone reacted to my first Pic on here, so that might cause the confusion.
Oeps, actually its 1 year, time flies but not that fast...

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Awesome photo. Not a lot I could do with it but I was able to remove a lot of the blue hues that I think lends itself to a more realistic rendition of the photo. Brought the main subject forward just a tad. Overall I think an improvement.

IMG 20210719 203203 2 after

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
Awesome photo. Not a lot I could do with it but I was able to remove a lot of the blue hues that I think lends itself to a more realistic rendition of the photo. Brought the main subject forward just a tad. Overall I think an improvement.

View attachment 1147608
Thanks, great !
I never got into Photoshop, only easy things like changing contrast, color, shadows etc.
Will publish better quality Pic when i find it, and also pics from cannabis growing wild in North India.

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Cool picture! Yeah keep the pictures coming. That time era is a time i often think of. Even if I was not born until 88

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
ive only been to and around Bangalore, but my instant image was "OMG the rest of my life was lived in black and white! this... THIS is technicolor!"

there were all the colors in everything! and the people!!! such a colorful sight! and the food... and more food... and the rest of the food!!!!

i saw poverty too, and far too many people, but to be honest, it was among the best adventures of a lifetime.

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
ive only been to and around Bangalore, but my instant image was "OMG the rest of my life was lived in black and white! this... THIS is technicolor!"

there were all the colors in everything! and the people!!! such a colorful sight! and the food... and more food... and the rest of the food!!!!

i saw poverty too, and far too many people, but to be honest, it was among the best adventures of a lifetime.
Exactly what you say, black and white vs. Technicolor, a culture shock, an amazing adventure.

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
Cool picture! Yeah keep the pictures coming. That time era is a time i often think of. Even if I was not born until 88
I probably have a few thousand negatives, slides and digital format. Need a new cable to my hard disk, then will show some.

Top Bottom