3000 Watts over Master Kush

• Thread starter Tank333
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

damnn bro my bad I guess I spoke to soon.... sending my positive vibes your way and hope she all goes down smoothly for you and your wife...and congratulations on the upcoming baby....I really spoke to soon lol!!!

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

U had 2 do lots of work on this grow but soon all that hard work will pay off.. Growing is never easy but it's lots of fun watching small plants turn in2 big giant buds.. Good luck with the new baby on the way

Tank333

Tank333

damnn bro my bad I guess I spoke to soon.... sending my positive vibes your way and hope she all goes down smoothly for you and your wife...and congratulations on the upcoming baby....I really spoke to soon lol!!!

Hey, it happens. Lol. At least I've got help moving this time! Haha. Last time I had to move I didn't have anyone to help. What sucks, is this is the second time we've had to move since we sprouted the mom back in late September! I'm just glad we haven't hit any really major hang-ups yet!

U had 2 do lots of work on this grow but soon all that hard work will pay off.. Growing is never easy but it's lots of fun watching small plants turn in2 big giant buds.. Good luck with the new baby on the way

Thanks man. I sure hope so. I just hope that getting this box with white walls built will help get better light to the outside plants. The ones directly under the lights are doing awesome, while the ones in the back are still a bit short and not nearly as full...

W

wanderingwobble

You are askin alot of 3 1000s bro. might wanna grab another 4 or 600w. even those might not penetrate your moms canopy though.

Tank333

Tank333

You are askin alot of 3 1000s bro. might wanna grab another 4 or 600w. even those might not penetrate your moms canopy though.

Well, its really all I got. Lol. The new roommates have another 1k hps, and I'm hoping I can add that to the mix, but we'll see. She's been doing okay so far. Not as well as I had hoped, but what can ya do?? She's not even directly underneath lights... lol

Hopefully with this box I'll be able to space things out more evenly and have the lights centered more over the plants. This IS our first flowering run, so it is a learning experience every step of the way...

sdgrower

sdgrower

Congrats on the baby! Everything looks really good. Keep up the great work.
:animbong:

W

wanderingwobble

I hear you! Trust me, itll stay that way. You learn new things every run til you quit.ill bet another 1000 would work, expecially if you do a little tuckin and trimming

Tank333

Tank333

I hear you! Trust me, itll stay that way. You learn new things every run til you quit.ill bet another 1000 would work, expecially if you do a little tuckin and trimming

Actually, we're not really gonna do any trimming on these girls, I don't think. Maybe a LITTLE bit once we get em moved and we've got more room to actually get in there and work on em all...

As for adding the extra 1kw, we'll see what happens with the remodel and whatnot. Its all kinda up in the air at this point...

As for the idea that was presented earlier about using the dryer/washer plug... I'm considering it, but I've never changed the light cycle on girls in flower before. What's the best way to do it? Leave the lights off for an extra hour or two each day, or leave em on for longer?

Tank333

Tank333

Well, its done. It cost $572, but we have a subpanel with 40 amps of 240, got it ran in a conduit outside to the garage, and then into a set of 4 boxes with 240 plugs in em. I gotta switch the ballasts from 120 to 240, but they're multi-tap, so its not gonna be much of an issue. Lol.

Its late, so I'll get some pics up tomorrow. I have to build the box tomorrow too. Hopefully I'll get at least most of it done by the end of the day. The poor girls only have 1kw over them right now... :( the problem is we have to wait on the roommates getting the garage cleaned and organized so the box can be assembled once its made...

ftwendy

ftwendy

sending double good vibes your way, tank -- by the power of Greyskull!!! You can do it, man! :)

One day this will all just be a memory, and a laugh. Cheers, ftw

Tank333

Tank333

sending double good vibes your way, tank -- by the power of Greyskull!!! You can do it, man! :)

One day this will all just be a memory, and a laugh. Cheers, ftw

Thanks Wendy! I'm just glad that I'll be able to take most of this stuff with us when we move! If it had been a permanent installation, I don't think it'd be worth it for us to do it.

SOO glad we found a good electrician though! $30 an hour, and it only took him 8 hours. The plus side is that if I'm able to get him more work via referrals, I'll get free work done for us later on. He's not licenced, but he knows his stuff, so I'm happy with it.

Now we just have to get the box build in a timely manner... as in TODAY! Lol

Tank333

Tank333

So, as promised, here's pictures of what the electrician wired up yesterday. 8 hours, and $322 worth of parts, and here's what he came up with:

Inside under the existing breaker box:
IMG_20120129_133625.jpg

And this is what he wired in the garage for me to plug into. 4 outlets of 240 power at 40 amps! Or is it 40 amps of power at 240 volts? I can never remember the proper terms... lol
IMG_20120129_133707.jpg

My only concern is they might be a LITTLE bit too close together to have the timers side by side on there... lol

OCKushCollector

OCKushCollector

Well, it's about time I get up a few decent shots of the room and the girls.

My wife took some pictures tonight, and I wanted to get them up right away before I forgot about them. lol

So, without further ado, here's the new photos of the beautiful women!

DSC00609.JPG
DSC00611.JPG
DSC00614.JPG
DSC00612.JPG
DSC00613.JPG
DSC006152.JPG
DSC006171.JPG
DSC006181.JPG

Looking great, I love me some master

Tank333

Tank333

Looking great, I love me some master

Thanks for the props man. I've gotta get some new pics up of the new room they're in now. I think the stress of the move and then only having. 1kw above them for two days really brought out some more trich's. They're still not the "frosty" I amhoping for, but they're getting there...

Tank333

Tank333

Hey guys! Sorry its been so long since an update. I've just been working a LOT this week, and I think I picked up a second job as well. The second job is the one I'm most stoked about! I'll be working at my local hydro shop part-time. The awesome thing about that is the employee discount. I will pay wholesale cost +10% for anything in the store I want!!! I'm just bummed that they don't carry plasma lighting systems. I'd pick up two or three of those bad boys if I could....

Anyways, as for the girls. They're doing pretty well. Most of them are swelling up nicely. There's the couple that were all the way in the back row that are small and not as nice as I had hoped they would be once we're done. They're all getting nice and frosty though, so that's a bonus. We just started the final flush yesterday. It was the first day of week 6, and almost all the girls are showing a little more cloudy trichs than clear ones. I figure after a two-week flush they'll be plenty ready to be harvested...

I'll try to get the wifey to get some good shots of the girls today so I can get em posted on here for ya guys...

Tank333

Tank333

So, I got impatient, and even though its only 4 days into the flush, I decided to clip a small sample and let it dry so we can have a bit of a preview of our first ever harvest...

I didn't want to take too much, since it is too early for it to be well flushed.
IMG_20120207_150410.jpg

RIVAL79

RIVAL79

Funk Master!
Supporter
How long have those been in flower? They look far from being finished, Tank.

Tank333

Tank333

How long have those been in flower? They look far from being finished, Tank.

Today is day 46. There's still another week and a couple days to go on the flush still. Its supposed to be a 7-9 week flower, and Friday is the last day of week 7... I'm seeing about 50-60% milky trichromes when I look at em through the scope.

I honestly think we started the flush a little bit early, but there were a couple factors that added up to us deciding to flush. The main one being we ran out of a couple key nutes, and don't have the $$ for more just right now. Lol. Secondly, the move stunted em more than I though, I tink. So what I mistook for ripening up and adding an extra layer of crystals was actually them recovering from the shock. Lol. And lastly, I think I expected the trichs to ripen up a bit faster than they did...

Keep in mind though, this IS a bottom branch that didn't get much light...

Latest posts

Top Bottom