3000 Watts over Master Kush

• Thread starter Tank333
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ftwendy

ftwendy

Add a speed controller to your air cooled hood's intake and rev the fan down until condensation stops forming. Dry the tube off, slow her down, wait 20 mins and check for condensates... if it's wet, rev the fan down more. Im always amazed at how slow I end up running the fan in the winter. Same results for you? I mean, its almost silent. Lovely.

As for regimen: Whatever you are doing, when you are doing it, is the right thing for this grow. It looks great. I wouldn't change a bit of what you are doing. Add some more plastic (or better, a tarp) in your high traffic areas. That plastic is also very slippery - consider going barefoot when you're in there. Have fun! Ftw

Tank333

Tank333

Update!!

So, we flipped it to 12/12 today. Last night I changed the timers so instead of turning back on at 2am it turned on at 8am, and they got a full 12 hours of darkness.

They've grown in leaps and bounds since we added the second light. We do have 3 hoods, but one of the two used ballasts we bought isn't working right. It's firing off the light, but it's just not bright at all. To the point I can look directly at it and see the intricacies of the bulb while it's on. I'm figuring it's a problem with the ignitor? I know it's not the bulbs, because we decided the used bulbs weren't worth the hassle, and just picked up brand new ones. $117 later, and the bulb is STILL firing hella dim.

Either way, on Monday we'll take it to the guy we bought em from and he'll either fix it or replace it. Then the girls will REALLY take off with 3000 watts of HPS light above them!

I also fixed the temperature and condensation problem. Picked up a CAP controller for the fan. Now its only on when the room needs to be cooled down. Cost us another $80, but it was definitely needed.

Here's some pictures I snapped this morning while the lights were warming up. I tried to get in there before they turned on, but just as I was getting ready to take the first shot, the light turned on above me. haha!

Here's a shot from behind the rez of the whole room.
IMG_20111224_075849.jpg

Here's most of the girls on the left side. I missed the 3 girls on the far right that don't have tomato cages (I REALLY need to get more for the 4 we forgot to get before).
IMG_20111224_075857.jpg

Here's the right side of the room. You can see the smallest girl in the center of the picture. She seems to be pretty stunted for some reason. the others have shot up obscenely, and she's still not even above the first ring of the cage.
IMG_20111224_075904.jpg

And here's the Momma. She's so huge and bushy, and just getting worse. We're gonna have a really hard time rotating her once she's well into flower. I'm not even sure how we're gonna keep her branches up and stable. Maybe get some chicken wire and just wrap it around her?
IMG_20111224_075916.jpg

My wife is gonna give her a trim tonight with a scalpel. Try and give her more light penetration. She's got shoots and branches and leaves all over inside her that are just dying and withered because there's not enough light getting inside that huge canopy.

Tank333

Tank333

Man, I'm dumb... On Friday when we flipped the lights, I did a rez change. I changed the girls out, and the mom's water. In all honesty, there was no water in the mom to change. Somehow we had let her run dry and there wasn't a drop in the bottom of the bucket when I opened her up.

Anyways, even though I knew we were flipping the lights to flower, somehow I gave EVERYONE the same veg nutes they've been getting all along, instead of flowering nutes! lol Our weekend was REALLY busy, and so we ended up not being able to check in on the girls at all.

Tonight after I got home from work, I went into the room to do the regular checks. Inspecting the new growth. Looking for bugs. Looking for deficiencies/burn.

Yellow spots on the mom?!?! What?

I start thinking about things, and I'm about to pull a cup of water out to check the PH when I realize that this is the FOURTH day of flower, and they've had nothing but VEG nutes the entire time!

Fortunately, I'm not seeing any spotting on the young girls. I'm hoping they're just not uptaking as many nutrients as the mom is, so they haven't ran out of what they specifically need right now.

We only had 2.5 gallons of RO left at the house, so I mixed that up real quick, and when we're done medicating I'll PH balance the mix and give the mom some new nutes. The girls will have to wait until tomorrow. My wife and roommie will go refill the 11 5-gallon jugs at Winco, and we'll do the rez change tomorrow.

Speaking of rez changes, I have things set up almost exactly the way I want to make things as easy as possible. I have an extra pump in the rez with a 15' long 1/2" hose coming out. The end of the hose has a 90 angle on it and an extra 4" of hose on it. That way I can just hang the hose over the edge of the toilet and close the lid. I can walk away after that and just let it pump away till there's only an inch or two of water left. The only thing that could make rez changes easier now would be if I had something to hang the lid on while I dump out the last little bit of water inside the barrel.

Anyways, that's it for the minute. I gotta go finish the mom's rez change now. I'll probably be back with some pics in a bit....

Tank333

Tank333

Update!

Hey Farm!!

Sorry its been almost two weeks since I've updated. I got no weekend. My work had me at work from 6 to 4:30 both Saturday AND Sunday, and still had to work all week too. I haven't really had the time to do much of anything but keep on top of the PH and keeping the mom's water kept up. Here soon I'm gonna pick up a grommet and another bucket, and just tie her into the system. That'll help a lot, I'm thinking...

So, on with the pictures!! Lol

Hahaha!! Well, I guess I forgot that we couldn't upload them for some reason last night. Lol. I'll have the wifey upload em while I'm at work, and I'll get em posted...

I'll tell ya what's goin' on though: its the end of week 2, and they're all starting to show little tufts of white hairs above the new growth. We can't wait to see the end of NEXT week! This is the first time we've ever flowered under HID lights, and we're LOVING the results.

I just wish I could figure out how to get another 400 watts in there over the mother. I have an old ass MH that I have a guy a dime for. It needs a cord, and a bulb, but for only a couple bucks outta pocket, it was a deal. Anyways, the mom isn't actually under the lights, so I'm not sure if she's really gonna end up performing that well. The hoods we have don't spread that far, so she's mostly in the shade... :( hopefully soon we'll pull the lights up and she'll get more light.

We had to hook up the carbon scrubber. I walked into the back yard, and it just reaked of fresh pot! Got that set up, and not you can't smell a thing...

Tank333

Tank333

So, I'm having problems uploading pictures... I thought it was just google chrome (we just switched to that), so I switched back to IE, thinking that'd be the issue, but no dice. Still no upload. Then I tried just one picture at a time. It SAID it uploaded it, but didn't...

GRR!!!

Tank333

Tank333

Update!!

So, I finally got this problem fixed, I think. I had to PM a mod, and helped me figure out the problems. Thanks, Papa, for the help with that!!

I've only got two pics at the right size at the moment. A resized pic from Friday, and a really nice bud-shot I took while trying to get the pictures the right size. I'll have my wife take some more pictures later today.

Anyways, it's going REALLY well I think. It's day 23, and we're going really well. We've got little dime sized buds popping up EVERYWHERE on these girls, and they're starting to stretch together and soon they'll form full colas.

I had to raise the lights the other day, because the tallest of the girls had grown to within 8" of the bottoms of the hoods. Plus, the mom was as tall as the lights (she's not under them directly, there's not enough room). My wife had been worried about stressing them too much, so I raised em up.

When we do the next run, we're going to have WAY less numbers in the room though! There's hardly any room to do ANYTHING in here without breaking leaves and brushing against buds... haha. I can't even see the little girl in the far back corner. She hardly gets any light back there, and she was the one that my friend dropped his phone on so she was a little smaller to begin with. We're gonna have to do some major replanning to figure out how to get the light to cover the whole room.

Here's the shot my wife took a few days ago that I resized:
DSC005551.JPG

And here's the bud-shot that I took earlier this morning:
DSC00589.JPG

Hopefully we'll have more pictures taken and uploaded soon so you'll have a bit more eye-candy. My wife likes to take the pictures, since she's pregnant and can't really help with anything else (I won't let her mess with the chemicals) except trimming a little bit here and there in the front row.

Oh, and we got the mom tied into the system with the rest of the girls. She got a little bit of damage, having to adjust to the different system. But it's evened out a bit I think, and it's not really progressing much anymore.

sdgrower

sdgrower

Read the whole thread and you have done a great job. Plants look really good. I see dank in your future.
:animbong:

Tank333

Tank333

Read the whole thread and you have done a great job. Plants look really good. I see dank in your future.

Thanks! I appreciate the comments... I'm really proud of being able to pull off a grow that looks this good. Our first time flowering our own girls, and it's comin' out GREAT!

Tank333

Tank333

Picture Update

Well, it's about time I get up a few decent shots of the room and the girls.

My wife took some pictures tonight, and I wanted to get them up right away before I forgot about them. lol

So, without further ado, here's the new photos of the beautiful women!

DSC00609.JPG
DSC00611.JPG
DSC00614.JPG
DSC00612.JPG
DSC00613.JPG
DSC006152.JPG
DSC006171.JPG
DSC006181.JPG

Tank333

Tank333

New Pictures!!!

Hey guys!

I realized it'd been a week since I've updated, so I wanted to throw up a couple new pics. The girls are starting to fill up nicely!!

These two shots are of the two tallest of our girls. They're both taller than the tomato cages

IMG_20120123_200408.jpg
IMG_20120123_200355.jpg

Tank333

Tank333

This Weekend

Is going to be killer... The lease is up at the end of the month, and we have to move. That means building a new box to house our girls. Fortunately, I found an AMAZING deal on some lumber, so I'm gonna do it up right! 16 4x8 sheets of plywood cost me $72!!! So I got an extra 2 just in case I screw something up somehow. Unfortunately, it was a LONG drive to get it. I left work at 1:15, and didn't get home until 7:30 that night... But, $140 (including food gas and ferry ride) is WAY better than paying $300+ at home depot or lowe's!!!

So, I've got enough plywood to make an 8'x12' box, and seal it up so I can run Co² eventually. Now I just have to prime and paint it, and put it all together. I was going to use some discount flat white paint I found on Craigslist for $6 a gallon (I buy everything I can off Craigslist!!), but the plywood I got has been stored outside for a little bit, so its got a little mildew starting to form. I'll get some Killz, and 3 coats should take care of that without a problem.

So, I'm pretty stoked. I'm moving to a place with WAY more room to work with, and the rent isn't really gonna go up much. Just the utilities. Haha. Now I get to build my own box from the ground up, and I get to do it the way I want it done.

The worst part is I have to figure out how to get all this done and still work 45+ hours a week. I can't afford to take a day off right now! Lol I just hope we can make the move as low-stress for the girls that we can...

Tank333

Tank333

Good luck with the move

Thanks! We'll need it.

Oh, and I forgot to mention. I have to get the breaker box replaced and add a new 50 amp breaker to it! That's gonna be hella pricey... :(

C

crossouttheiis

make a spit off the washer and dryer. The 30 amp cord might get you in price but then you just dont run your washer or dryer when your lights are on.

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

nice work brotha those babies are getting really big! so you have to move all your plants to new location at the end of month? thats a lot of work those things are huge seems like u have it all planned out and under control and don't seem to stressed about it which is always good....i'd be pulling my hair out lol.....that box your buliding is a great idea wish u the best of luck on the build and move, hope your new spot kicks ass bro!!!

Tank333

Tank333

make a spit off the washer and dryer. The 30 amp cord might get you in price but then you just dont run your washer or dryer when your lights are on.

I had considered this, until I remembered the lights are on from 8am to 8pm. Meaning we'd NEVER be able to use the washer/dryer... lol. Maybe if we changed the light cycle, but I don't want to have to do that to the girls... I might be able to convince the roomies to go without the washer and dryer just for the weekend so they have enough light for the time being... we'll see how they react to the suggestion and I'll go from there.

nice work brotha those babies are getting really big! so you have to move all your plants to new location at the end of month? thats a lot of work those things are huge seems like u have it all planned out and under control and don't seem to stressed about it which is always good....i'd be pulling my hair out lol.....that box your buliding is a great idea wish u the best of luck on the build and move, hope your new spot kicks ass bro!!!

Not stressing??? Lmao! Man, this move is killing me, I think!! My ulcer is acting up like nobody's business, I'm breaking out with acne everywhere BUT my face, and I have to spend our re-up money on the damn deposits just to get into this place... lol. Honestly, my two biggest concerns are getting the box built in time, and getting the wiring issue dealt with. Oh, and not running out of money before we're done! Haha. As long as I can make sure that goes well, we'll be golden, I think.

Thanks for the props though. I'm really counting on this grow being able to help my wife and I get stable financially (or at least somewhat stable). We've got a little girl coming in April, so I've been hustling double-time to get 2 harvests in before she gets here. I kinda missed my mark, but the second grow should be done a month after she's born... lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom