30k sealed room... Is this setup possible on 200amp pannel?

• Thread starter mikeross
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeross

mikeross

I'm in the planning stages of building out a new grow. I'm planning to run 2 sealed flower rooms and a veg room.

I've calculated the load and I'm at approx. 165 amps for the following:
30 Gavita pro's, only 15 on at a time
3 Gavita pro's, for veg on 18hr
2 quest 225's, only 1 on at a time
20 wall fan, all on 24/7
4 36k btu mini splits, only 2 on at a time
5 10" inline fans, only 2 on 24/7, rest is to purge the sealed rooms few times a day, mainly at lights off.
couple pumps on timers, only on for a few minutes, a few times a day for feedings.

I've crunch the numbers and I'm at an over estimate load of 165amps. When I say over estimate the items like the inline fans, pumps are calculated as on 24/7 and items like the a/c and dehumidifiers are calculated at drawing full power which we all know the amp drawn on these items fluctuate by how hard they are working.

Anyways, that 165amps do not include items like my fridge, oven, laundry etc. I also don't know if some of the bigger items like the a/c will have a surge in power when they initially start up. Also even though I'm running these rooms on a flip, when one room isn't using the A/C for example I'm sure its still drawing some power, even though its not running.

I've read some journals with similar setups, actually some with a few more lights, all running off 200amps with no issues. Am I really over estimating my figures here... should I be concerned running the above setup off a 200 amp panel or am I good to go? I'm about 2 months away from starting this project. I'm meeting with an electrician next month whom probably can answer these questions for me but wanted to get feedback from the forums... thank you!

lilnew

lilnew

I'm in the planning stages of building out a new grow. I'm planning to run 2 sealed flower rooms and a veg room.

I've calculated the load and I'm at approx. 165 amps for the following:
30 Gavita pro's, only 15 on at a time
3 Gavita pro's, for veg on 18hr
2 quest 225's, only 1 on at a time
20 wall fan, all on 24/7
4 36k btu mini splits, only 2 on at a time
5 10" inline fans, only 2 on 24/7, rest is to purge the sealed rooms few times a day, mainly at lights off.
couple pumps on timers, only on for a few minutes, a few times a day for feedings.

I've crunch the numbers and I'm at an over estimate load of 165amps. When I say over estimate the items like the inline fans, pumps are calculated as on 24/7 and items like the a/c and dehumidifiers are calculated at drawing full power which we all know the amp drawn on these items fluctuate by how hard they are working.

Anyways, that 165amps do not include items like my fridge, oven, laundry etc. I also don't know if some of the bigger items like the a/c will have a surge in power when they initially start up. Also even though I'm running these rooms on a flip, when one room isn't using the A/C for example I'm sure its still drawing some power, even though its not running.

I've read some journals with similar setups, actually some with a few more lights, all running off 200amps with no issues. Am I really over estimating my figures here... should I be concerned running the above setup off a 200 amp panel or am I good to go? I'm about 2 months away from starting this project. I'm meeting with an electrician next month whom probably can answer these questions for me but wanted to get feedback from the forums... thank you!
#1 what model of gavita pro?
#2 what wattage is you wall fan
#3 what the model of ur inline fan...
i can help you with the calculations
you planning to run on 110 or 220?

lilnew

lilnew

if you'are running 15 gavita DE at one time(flowering) 15*4.5amp( at 100%)=67.5 amp
3 gavita DE (veg) 3*4.5=13.5 amp
2 quest 225 2*6.9 amp=13.8 amp
fan @ 55w *20 =9.16 amp
4* 3 ton ac unit (roughly 3500watt each)@240v =58.33 amp
2 inline fan @ 2.1 amp =4.2 amp
average fridge is around 20 amp, dryer 11amp ,washine machine 10 amp, not sure what kind of oven you are talking about if it's just wall oven then it's gonna be 30 amp, if it's induction stove top 40 amps or so?

If the 200 amp was just for the grow then it's fine...but if you have everything all running at the same time then 200 amp will definitely not
be enough.

this is single phase 200 we are talking about right? not a 3 phase

mikeross

mikeross

Thanks for calculating that out. I've actually done similar calculations and I'm at around 165 amps but that's considering max load on everything. Regarding your calculation above I'm only running 2 of the AC units at once and 1 of the dehumidifiers. In my 165 calculation I even have the pumps included but everything is calculated at max load, small items calculated as if they are on 24/7.

I just going to continue as planned... worse case I run 12 lights per room instead of 15.

lilnew

lilnew

Thanks for calculating that out. I've actually done similar calculations and I'm at around 165 amps but that's considering max load on everything. Regarding your calculation above I'm only running 2 of the AC units at once and 1 of the dehumidifiers. In my 165 calculation I even have the pumps included but everything is calculated at max load, small items calculated as if they are on 24/7.

I just going to continue as planned... worse case I run 12 lights per room instead of 15.
sorry...didn't catch the items on at one time...in that case then u should be good...good luck with ur new room

Latest posts

Top Bottom