315w Adapters For 250w-1000w Ballasts>

• Thread starter Funkadelic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Hey all -

I have 8 digital SolisTek ballasts which dial from 400-600-1000-overdrive setting.

I also have old magnetic 250w ballasts not used currently.

Can I add an adapter like this and dial my digitals down to 400w and not burn down the building?
https://www.amazon.com/315w-Ceramic-Mogul-Socket-Adapter/dp/B01N9CN51B

Can I use the 250w magnetic ballasts for 315w CMH?

Appreciate all advice.

Open bulb verticals in checkerboard pattern setup; sick of battling heat from 1k or 600w HPS when its anything other than cold weather season.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

I wouldn’t recommend it bro. Thought about it myself.
A cheap de 630 is only 3-400 bulbed these days. 250-300 for a 315. I don’t think they work well without the square wave ballast

madgrower

madgrower

Hey all -

I have 8 digital SolisTek ballasts which dial from 400-600-1000-overdrive setting.

Can I add an adapter like this and dial my digitals down to 400w and not burn down the building?

Appreciate all advice.

Open bulb verticals in checkerboard pattern setup; sick of battling heat from 1k or 600w HPS when its anything other than cold weather season.
I’m using a 400 watt magnetic for a cmh. Working great

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Hey all -

Appreciate all advice.

No on all questions and the adapter is to use a non cmh reflector not ballast.

315 cmh requires a specific low frequency square wave ballast. Hps and mh use high frequency ballast.

There is a 400w cmh that runs on magnetic 400w ballasts but it is not the same grow bulb the new 315 is.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

No on all questions and the adapter is to use a non cmh reflector not ballast.

315 cmh requires a specific low frequency square wave ballast. Hps and mh use high frequency ballast.

There is a 400w cmh that runs on magnetic 400w ballasts but it is not the same grow bulb the new 315 is.
Really appreciate the input and explanation. @UncleRomulus , @madgrower too.

I really wish I had gone 315s when I built my space, but I have learned a great deal and fully believe in their ability at that wattage to deliver. I've wanted to add horizontal 315s for years but cost is prohibitive currently.

I will still use my 400w settings and bulbs in hotter times... running AC 24-7 in summer for 3+ months even in dark cycle is nuts.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Really appreciate the input and explanation. @UncleRomulus , @madgrower too.

I really wish I had gone 315s when I built my space, but I have learned a great deal and fully believe in their ability at that wattage to deliver. I've wanted to add horizontal 315s for years but cost is prohibitive currently.

I will still use my 400w settings and bulbs in hotter times... running AC 24-7 in summer for 3+ months even in dark cycle is nuts.
Ya bro. I got a 1k hps I m not using atm so I can get away with no a c. Vert 315s are wicked. The nanolux s are great and decent price. I’d recommend looking into building your own cob setup also. I want to run the 1k cmh from nano but it’s 240 volt and I’m too lazy to make that work. Hps is still very special to me tho. A 600 in a 4x4 still kicks ass. Next winter I’m gonna rock the hps and the cmh and leds all together and just f&ckin send it

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Ya bro. I got a 1k hps I m not using atm so I can get away with no a c. Vert 315s are wicked. The nanolux s are great and decent price. I’d recommend looking into building your own cob setup also. I want to run the 1k cmh from nano but it’s 240 volt and I’m too lazy to make that work. Hps is still very special to me tho. A 600 in a 4x4 still kicks ass. Next winter I’m gonna rock the hps and the cmh and leds all together and just f&ckin send it
I am totally convinced on BoulderLight 315s especially with LED pontoons. Wanted em for horizontal for years. Too much $ right now sadly.

315s are the way ..wish I could use my Solistek digital adjustables for 315s but sounds like the wave frequency means no . Goddamn it.

600s are killing me with heat already. Not even running all 8, only 7. Minisplit 3ton helps a lot but its a massive power draw already .

I will use my Hortilux hps open bulb 1000s and 600s in cold months only. Summer sucks now but an empty clean room means no bugs so that's good.

I wish I had the loot to do some 315s ..my buddy gets wholesale on the BoulderLights and swears by them .Love the daisy chain of 8 too ..only need an electrician for one 220 outlet and done . once I can afford it .

Top Bottom