357magnum LEDs ?'s

• Thread starter BluntForce
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BluntForce

Hi, I'm new here and have just ordered a 357magnum. I have seen/read a lot of conflicting things regarding these units here and would like to know from those who use them (dunit? anyone else?) if I should allow the order to go through or cancel the transaction whilst I still have time. (before they ship it out) I am not looking to grow for $$$ I don't sell my bud, it's strictly meds for the lady of my life and myself. We are both currently on opiate pain killers and Benzos (Oxy's and Xanax) and the only thing we have had success treating ourselves with is homegrown. So basically I'm looking to grow enough meds for us (we're not heavy smokers, although when we come of the Oxy's we do light up every 30-45 mins unless it's Herijuana which really does a superb job for us) whilst keeping the power bill down and not attracting unwanted attention with loud heat extraction fans etc. as we are in high density apartment housing. I'm going to do this current run in a 90cmX50cmX160cm tent but I'm going to upgrade to a 1.2x1.2x2m growlab at which point I think I'll supplement the LED with 130W fluoros which I'm currently vegging my plants with or invest in 2 50W plasma lamps as I don't think the 357 will cover a whole 1.2mx1.2m area. If you could please chime in I'd be really greatful as would the Mrs. You would be saving me time and $$$ and a hell of a lot of stress. I have posted a similar q in another thread but decided starting one would attract more attention = a faster response. Thanks for taking the time to read this and all responses would be very much appreciated. My respects, BF.

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

Well if you could still get your money back I would.. But I just like HID lighting though :)

I have no experience with the 357 magnum other than watching that other thread :giggle
There are a couple growers who have had some real nice runs with LEDs tobor comes to mind,(not your particular brand though). Are you legal to grow, what made you interested n LEDs in the first place, if you want some cutting edge stuff how about trying a plasma grow light ;)

Trust me its always nice to have extra bud, cause when the bud tastes bomb its easy to slowly start smoking more and more :giggle:
the grow tent does seem a little small, do you think you could devote a larger area to growing:wondering

I actually smoke way damn to much though, so that might be perfect for you.
for just my personal use I like having a 1000W going to supply myself.

B

BluntForce

thanks for the reply CM, I actually plan to run 2 50W Plasma lamps either side of the LED panel I'm going to use when I get the 1.2mX1.2m GrowLab tent. I figure those, along with the LEDs will provide all the neccessary spectra the plants need, getting them as close a reproduction of sunlight I can possibly give them indoors. I'm more worried about this particular brand of LEd and whether or not I should cancel the transaction for the 357 whilst I still have time aand go for a BlackStar unit instead. I don't know, dunit seems to have good results using theses LEDs and he's impartial as far as I'm concerned. Pretty much all the posts relating to this brand are from people with 1 or 2 posts which leads me to belive it's just reps from the company and it's rivals either dissing the product or singing it's praises as all these posts are very one sided, either for or against. I'm looking for some info from someone who has used the unit, has a decent rep around here and isn't full of shiznit. Thanks again for the reply. I'll be sure to post up some pics once I get those 2 50W plasma's running.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
irishboy uses leds and gets good results and he seems to think the 357 is crap

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Can't tell you much about that particular panel, but mine does great for veg. I haven't flowered with it, but I'd think it would work fine in the size tent(s) you're talking about. Heat is the the big problem in tents and this light shouldn't make it that hard to keep a stable environment. You can always add some t5's or cfl's if needed.

I

indicatoker

BEWARE! I ordered one of these lights for $650 ($750 - $100 coupon) with free shipping. Company charged me 650 Canadian dollars (~688 USD), not US dollars. Of course then my credit card company charged me for currency conversion. Just received the light yesterday and had to pay $32 for customs as it was shipped from Hong Kong. My $650 is now up to $740. Look at the closed 357Magnum thread showing a wonderful grow. Appears this company is scamming folks and has inappropriately used IrishBoy's name to promote its product. (Damn! And I fell for it.) I hope to at least recoup my excess costs and also hope the light is half way decent but, ...., guess I'll see.

B

bmf725

Yeah 180 actual wattage on the panel for $750. there are much better deals out there on much more powerful panels, and the switchable spectrum is bullshit it just turns off about half the diodes on the panel so now your light is even less powerfull.

B

BluntForce

IT... seems you and I are both in the same boat. Can I ask you though have you started to use it yet and if so, how is the unit doing? I'm sorry but do you have any pics of the unit which you could share? I'm interested for several reasons, a. I would like to see the unit up close so I can see what I am getting as the site only has pics that are of the entire unit and has no close ups of the diodes, switches etc. b. I've become very sceptical of anyone who posts about this light without mentioning their grow setup and what they are using the 357 as a replacement for c. I'm going backwards here but I will say again that you don't have any other posts which is strange as the first thing I do when joining a forum is intro myself or jump into a thread and add as helpful/informative a post I can, not once has a first post been a flame of somebody's product/pic/grow report. Please forgive the forward nature of my post but I have studied psychology/behavioural science, have a decent knowledge of human behavioural patterns and your single post which is in a fairly specific thread has all the hallmarks of the join, flame, leave method which seems to be quite common and must be the result of competition turned nasty. I don't doubt that you are a grower but I do have reservations about your 357 post content/intent. I'm sorry but I'll just wait till tuesday, take delivery of my light and in 2mnths I'll know whether it's a piece of shit or not. By then I'll also know whether you are indeed a legit poster here (in which case I apologise) or just someone who joined to dis a light then leave in which case I'd advise you get a life. I'm listening to Irish on this subject from now on and reckon that even if I have bought a light which isn't that great his advice and guidance will allow me to get the most out of it as technique/skill is far more important than lighting...

DieselBoy

DieselBoy

BluntForce, I thought about the 357s myself. What I decided was that, given the infancy of the LED growlight market, I'd rather purchase a light with less focus on flashy design/marketing. It's just too much $$ to flush on a product with minimal/mixed reviews. That fraudulent thread really firmed up my decision. If you can cancel your order, I'd do it and purchase one of the units used in the successful OPs posted here.

I'm not blasting the 357 (pun intended) or anyone who has bought it, it could be a great light! I'm just saying that since there's a lack of standardization in the fledgling industry means I'm less tolerant of what could be a risky purchase.

I

indicatoker

Hey Bluntforce. I new to the forum. Actually, new to any forums. I will have to post an introduction. I joined primarily to obtain info on LED grow lights. I don't currently have a setup, but the 357Magnum was purchased to start a small medical marijuana grow. It may seem odd that a person's first post is blasting a particular light, but I'm not making any claims as to whether the light does or doesn't work well. I just wanted to share my experience and thoughts for other potential buyer's consideration when shopping. I don't have any pics. Haven't even lit the thing up yet. Irish should definitely be a good source of info as I've seen a number of his journals. My concern, along wth pricing, is that someone inappropriately used his name to promote the light and I used that info in making my purchase. I sent the company an email requesting info on returning the light, but didn't hear back. Guess I'm stuck with it. I hope we both find that it's not a POS and is really a decent light. We'll have to let others know our experience with the lght. You'll probably be first in that regard as I don't have my grow room set up yet. P.S. Apology accepted. :)

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
Hey Bluntforce. I new to the forum. Actually, new to any forums. I will have to post an introduction. I joined primarily to obtain info on LED grow lights. I don't currently have a setup, but the 357Magnum was purchased to start a small medical marijuana grow. It may seem odd that a person's first post is blasting a particular light, but I'm not making any claims as to whether the light does or doesn't work well. I just wanted to share my experience and thoughts for other potential buyer's consideration when shopping. I don't have any pics. Haven't even lit the thing up yet. Irish should definitely be a good source of info as I've seen a number of his journals. My concern, along wth pricing, is that someone inappropriately used his name to promote the light and I used that info in making my purchase. I sent the company an email requesting info on returning the light, but didn't hear back. Guess I'm stuck with it. I hope we both find that it's not a POS and is really a decent light. We'll have to let others know our experience with the lght. You'll probably be first in that regard as I don't have my grow room set up yet. P.S. Apology accepted. :)

if you bought it online with a credit card you can almost always get your money back

call your credit card company and tell them you fell prey to an internet scam and the product wasnt as advertised

A

areacode420

I ordered 3 357's 6 weeks ago and I'm very happy with mine so far. I'm 4 weeks into flower and things are looking reall nice.

R

roundabout41

I've got two running myself and I am also pleased. I like that you can switch between spectrum's. They are also more quiet than other crap leds I got conned into. Although the company has shitty communication and are liars. It took over a month to get the product even though they said it had shipped and it would be there in 3 days. It took a month after that reply for it to get to me. For complaining they also said they would throw in self lighting pipe, never got it. Great product but I would never buy from this company again!

A

areacode420

I've got two running myself and I am also pleased. I like that you can switch between spectrum's. They are also more quiet than other crap leds I got conned into. Although the company has shitty communication and are liars. It took over a month to get the product even though they said it had shipped and it would be there in 3 days. It took a month after that reply for it to get to me. For complaining they also said they would throw in self lighting pipe, never got it. Great product but I would never buy from this company again!

I got mine in just under a week, they answered all of my emails and every time i called someone answered the phone. I think I might start a journal, do you have a journal going right now roundabout41 that I could check out for comparison?

C

CereaLED

Have also heard several people saying how they had to pay a duty once lights came in... straight from China.

Dont care how good these lights are, which is totally debatable. Their business practice and deceit has pushed me far away.

D

duffman

i am using the 357 magnum at the moment for tomato plants and in a week or 2 starting a cannabis grow,but from my experience so far it is of solid construction and my tomato plants are responding well to the light, it generates very low heat but an incredibly bright light (i have to wear sunglasses when i enter my tent,) it ways around 8kg (rough guess) and have had fantastic communication with the company, however there website is of poor quality, but only time will tell i am starting a diary when i start my grow.

Top Bottom