3rd Light depervation harvest this season

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Harlequin;;3rd Light depervation harvest this season..

I started Growing For the 1st time my life back in Feb 2011 inside under T12 floros and then a 600 W MH

Since then. I have done 3 successful Light Derivation harvests...This is #3

:mad0233:

I started a bed full of 4 two foot tall Harlequin clones way back in mid April
It was too early and I didn't do anything to prevent them from flowering So they did...I hoped they would reveg..and gave them lots of nitrogen But after about a month I finally gave up.

I had freed up a couple black tarps, So I started covering them

I was never really was happy with they way things went with these plants
I thought I had Fucked them up. and wouldn't get much....

I really didn't know much about the strain either...All I knew was it was high in CBD and selling like hot cakes for 350 a zip in the Bay area..

Here is what I just found

"Harlequin is one phenotype of a plant bred to produce hashish," explains Wade Laughter. "The genes are 75% sativa and 25 % indica. The Sativas include an early-1970s Columbian Gold, a Thai from the mountains near Laos, and a Swiss native land race that was bred for consumption of cattle. The Indica is from Nepal's Mustang state. These are all high-elevation plants....Harlequin is available as a clone at dispensaries in the Bay Area that are participants in Project CBD, including Sparc and the Vapor Room. The smell and taste are sweet with an almost syrupy heaviness that is pleasant on the inhale and the exhale. she needs about 60 to 70 days indoors to finish her full flowering. She sets flowers fairly quickly compared to other strains. I see fingertip-sized bud set at two weeks of flower —compared to pencil-eraser size in other plants at the same two weeks of flower. She really needs some way to support the colas the last few weeks because the trichomes and flowering tops get so heavy. Along those same lines, in a drying room where strains like Blueberry or Bubba Kush take seven to 10 days for drying before curing, the Harlequin can take as long as three weeks. She can be completely obscured by 'sugar' to where she looks 'frosted.'"

All that is what these plants are like...SUPER STICKY! even the big fan leaves are covered in Stickyness and sprakle.

At the very least, I will be getting some hash from these plants

These are pics in the dark drying room with a flash

more photos comming soon

Harlequinhanging
Harlequinhanging2
Harlequinhanging3
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
some one here told me to trash these plants and start over...I kept them going...

I'm thinking I did the right thing....Fingers crossed for a good return...

Gotta get cutting..

intruder

intruder

having bud ,beats not having bud... anyday of the week !I would have finished them off like you did to
good job

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
having bud ,beats not having bud... anyday of the week !I would have finished them off like you did to
good job

Thanks Bro

Yep...I got buds alright...and some hash:)

Im uncovering some nice buds from under all them leaves
and Lots of finger hash..

This is just after 10 min of trimming...rolled a nice little hash ball and lit up :)

This chit is SUPER Sticky!!

Stickybizz
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
My set up?

The Great outdoors... the big MH in the sky...PVC hoops and some black plastic

http://i1119.invalid.com/albums/k631/caregiverken/Harlequin2.jpg

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
right on bro - thats awesome

get some gloves - makes getting finger hash off you hands so much easier - I like the blue nitrile ones

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
How do you get the hash off the gloves?

S

Sea Of Green

A beginner? Really? You must have done your homework. Because those are some nice looking plants, and some excellent looking final product.

Nice work!:yes

FYI, toss 'em in the freezer for a few minutes. Remove and quickly peel away hash.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
yep yep freezer works or wait til its dry or do like I do and just rub your fingers together until you get a ball going and then use that lump to pull the rest off the fingers

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
OK thanks Guys...I tryed to roll a hash ball with gloves on before..it didn't work.
Thats why I haven't been wearin em...I will try the freezer thing...thanks again

A beginner? Really? You must have done your homework. Because those are some nice looking plants, and some excellent looking final product.

Nice work!:yes
Thanks Bro...Yeah I am getting some killer beginners luck...Alought I have had to deal with SM's and Aphids and worms... Nute def.'s... squirrels and other shit im too stoned to remember now I feel pretty lucky. I got my hands on Good Genetics and the right soil mixture.

I just got back from town and getting reimbursed for a some of my hard farmer work. I love this Job!!

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
OK thanks Guys...I tryed to roll a hash ball with gloves on before..it didn't work.
Thats why I haven't been wearin em...I will try the freezer thing...thanks again

I just got back from town and getting reimbursed for a some of my hard farmer work. I love this Job!!

its much easier to get the hash off the blue nitrile gloves then latex if your trying to do it while its fresh

what really works is sticking 2 fingers together and pulling them apart rapidly

it shows bro

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Hey,
What about all that stuff in the cup of 91% alcohol that I clean my scissors in?

Ive been using the same cup of alcohol for a while now...
It getting pretty full in there...

is that stuff still good? how do I get it?

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

haha..just take those siz try to dissolve everything in the cup into the alcohol...u might have to add some then poor that our on a plate or pyrex and let dry

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
looks great care man hows the smoke report

all I have smoked is the Finger hash so far..and its good stuff.
I put a bud of this in the microwave and it stared on fire...so I said fuck it...lol
I'll have to wait a bit...I read this stuff takes awhile to dry...

Shoot I don't think I have even shown the best buds yet....:)

Should I show the whole (almost failed) Harvest when Im done trimin?

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
well I got tired of looking for good buds to trim. So Im gonna make hash and or Oil out of all the larf (got bout a pound of small stuff)

I did manage to to trim up 13 zips that will compensate me for my hard work.

Not too bad for 4 plants that i almost pulled up a few months ago

A lot of the Buds seem to be shaped and the same size as a strawberry

Harlequinlarf
Harlequin13
Harlequinstrawberrys
M

mickeyspliff

That is an interesting clone Ken, should be very different effects from most herb. Sounds really nice from your description. What type of effect are you getting from the finger hash? How do you feel as the effect is wearing off? Any burnout?

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
That is an interesting clone Ken, should be very different effects from most herb. Sounds really nice from your description. What type of effect are you getting from the finger hash? How do you feel as the effect is wearing off? Any burnout?

It is very nice. The hash has basically the same effect as the buds. Very relaxing and takes away pain well...yet not a sleepy high at all.

Its really is a "my pain is better, lets get things done" high.

There may be a burn out when you stop smoking it. But, I can't be sure because I smoke it till its time to go to bed. :)

The Co-op that took the buds from me said it was a big hit and they they had just about sold the 13 zips I took them a week ago. And the keif/hash is going fast too.

They want more...I told them it would be about 8 weeks till I have more.

they also asked me if I would make them some clones...lol

I said they are flowering but I would see what I could do. I do have a couple small clones in the mother room trying to reveg em...But I don't think I wanna give them clones...I want them to get the buds from me.

Here in the Fresno ca. area the are No High CBD strains to be found at the despenserys...I am gonna change that...I have Sour Tsunami growing too. :)

Top Bottom