3rd time is the charm? No.

• Thread starter Magnetonastick
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Magnetonastick

Magnetonastick

My first grow, Silver Leaf's Lemon Haze Auto, produced airy yet potent bud.

3rd time is the charm no

My second grow, Dr Ray's Northern Lights Auto, is currently on day 43 and is on the verge of failure; but is developing denser buds than my first run.
3rd time is the charm no 2
3rd time is the charm no 3

And now it's time for my 3rd run, Silver Leaf's Blueberry Auto, day 10 and it's still green I guess......

3rd time is the charm no 4

I hope she taste good

Magnetonastick

Magnetonastick

Setup is as follows

50x50x100cm Grow Tent

120w Samsung LM301b LED Quantum Board

11L fabric pot. Soil has been recycled from the Lemon Haze run, which consists of 1/3 compost, 1/3 peatmoss, 1/3 perlite, 6tbsp 4-4-4 Veg and 6tbsp 2-8-4 bloom organic fertiliser. The largest chunks removed and re-amended with organic 2-8-4 bloom fertiliser and Mycorrhizal Fungi.

RH is between 60% and 65%

Temperature is between 23c and 28c

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Reusing soil can be a problem if you didn't leach everything out of it before starting. Even then, certain things, like limestone and dolomite, cannot be leached out of the soil with water. The bottom line is that it is hard to know the situation. You don't mention pH. Did you do a slurry pH on the used soil before starting?

It sounds like your bud density issue was at least partly strain-related. Hazes are usually less dense than NL strains.

I'll now take this opportunity to try and sway you to photoperiod plants.

Since you have a tent, do not fear photoperiod plants. You will have more control, a far greater variety to choose from, and likely greater potency. You can also keep clones, which is such a bonus, I don't see how autos compete.

I don't know much about autos, except from hearing other people talk about them. I've never heard anyone say, "You've gotta try this auto! It's so potent!" That's a serious drawback IMO.

Magnetonastick

Magnetonastick

Reusing soil can be a problem if you didn't leach everything out of it before starting. Even then, certain things, like limestone and dolomite, cannot be leached out of the soil with water. The bottom line is that it is hard to know the situation. You don't mention pH. Did you do a slurry pH on the used soil before starting?

It sounds like your bud density issue was at least partly strain-related. Hazes are usually less dense than NL strains.

I'll now take this opportunity to try and sway you to photoperiod plants.

Since you have a tent, do not fear photoperiod plants. You will have more control, a far greater variety to choose from, and likely greater potency. You can also keep clones, which is such a bonus, I don't see how autos compete.

I don't know much about autos, except from hearing other people talk about them. I've never heard anyone say, "You've gotta try this auto! It's so potent!" That's a serious drawback IMO.
I didn't do any flushes on the soil, but being organic I figured reusing would actually be beneficial with the established mycosphere.

I have just purchased a soil pH test kit so when I get round to that I'll update with the results!

With autos I like the idea of running several grows in different stages of growth and have a regular supply. Without having multiple tents on different light cycles that you would need with photos. Lots of different strains in a short amount of time is fun!

Thanks for the information

Top Bottom