3x3 = 1 pound?

• Thread starter Chemotype
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Chemotype

Chemotype

how much light is needed in a 3x3 area to produce one pound? and can it be done without co2?

R

Rolln J

1000 watt should easily give you way more then a lb, but if you cant make the canopy bigger (could scrog train them to a 4x4) then go with a 600...

what are the room dimensions and how many plants do you plan on growing?

yes it can be done w/o c02 - but you need good ventilation.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
1000watter or (2) 600watters over a 3x3 ebb and flow table....a tent makes it easier to achieve for sure.

Tex

B

bdawgburner

I have 1000 over my 3x3 table. Check the sig. I would advise if you dont have a tent to make pvc frames and cover them with reflective material to put on the sides of the table that arent against a wall. I have 3 sides not having light reflected back and I'm definetely going to change that next time. I still think I'll pull at least a pound like this though.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Containing the table with reflective material makes a huge difference in the final product and yield.

Tex

Chemotype

Chemotype

Great info farmers. Really useful. Thank you!

I am planning to run a 5'x10' tent with three 3x3 tables in it. I will definately be framing the tables with reflective material. I would rather use 600w digitals, so you think two over each table is enough? probably run a SOG style with 3 plants to the square foot. something like 27 plants to each 3x3. Can this be optimized any other way?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I pulled down better results on a 3x3 with the (2)600 and 9 plants total per table than anything. I rocked 16 plants in there with a vengence also, all in 2 gallon pots and ebb and flow.

More plants, more problems...

1200w per 9sq.ft rocks for sure but it is alittle more to deal with all the way around, more parts, more heat, less hood options, etc..

Tex

Chemotype

Chemotype

I have 1000 over my 3x3 table. Check the sig. I would advise if you dont have a tent to make pvc frames and cover them with reflective material to put on the sides of the table that arent against a wall. I have 3 sides not having light reflected back and I'm definetely going to change that next time. I still think I'll pull at least a pound like this though.

checked out your link. looked great! I hope my first hydro turns out that well.

Chemotype

Chemotype

I pulled down better results on a 3x3 with the (2)600 and 9 plants total per table than anything. I rocked 16 plants in there with a vengence also, all in 2 gallon pots and ebb and flow.

More plants, more problems...

1200w per 9sq.ft rocks for sure but it is alittle more to deal with all the way around, more parts, more heat, less hood options, etc..

Tex

Thanks Texas Kid I am going to try that. Sounds more manageable.

I don't mind fine tuning to control heat and the extra parts are no big deal.

purpleberry

purpleberry

Best run I ever had was just a hair under 1 lb per 600 in an open system with a not so great yielding strain. This was cycle feed with GH 3 part into rockwool slabs. Fed 30 minutes 4x daily. Strain went about 60 days.

Did you do this in a 3x3 area? I run a 3x3 with 600w and I just dont see getting 1 lb,(in soil no co2) I ussally get 12. But if you ran 4x4 thats 16square feet instead of 3x3 which is 9. Big difference i think.

L

LionVibez

If u dont mind me asking Purpleberry, how many plants and what strain are u growing? Also how long are u vegging before flipping to 12/12? thanks

S

sfzoo

I'm interested in the relationship between longer veg, lighting, and square footage.

Can one yield just as good or better w/ more space and less light? or vice versa, less space with more light penetration?
Obviously, if you veg longer you'll have a bigger plant, but is there a point of diminishing return?

B

bdawgburner

More space and less light is a bad idea. The light footprint of a 1000 watt is 4x4. If you put plants outside of the footprint the buds wont develop correctly. Veg time does reflect yield but you can over veg imo. The longer you veg the longer it is before you can flower those plants which will cut down on the number of harvests you can pull each year.

A

Aerokush101

Wow, everything I read is OVERKILL! Guys the man said a 3X3! Not a 4X4 or 5X5. Dude, if your genetics are lined up properly, you can get close to a pound out of a 3 X 3 area with a 600 watt HPS light with a umbrealla hood or vertical grow, veg. the plants (vertically) and aim for 2 ounces per site, Done Deal.

I hope your genetics are on point. I can give you some pointers on which clone only's will put you in the game. UKCHeese, Chemdog D, Mass. Super Skunk, and etc. Seeded, Casey Jones, a few real diesels, no kushes (unless you vegged it for 3 months, lol.)

GOOD LUCK!
AK101

R

Rolln J

there is nothing wrong with 1000 watts over 3x3 - the drop off is noticeable in bud size on the outside of a 4x4 - bottom line is with one light the most bang for the buck is a 1k. you can easily get a 2 lbs with casey jones under a 1k.

I can get 2 z per with OG easily with 10-14 days veg - if you vegged it for even 1 month they would get out of hand and get too lanky - at least with the cut I get and my system.

D

Danknuggler

1000 watts over a 3 x 3 wow 111 watts per square foot!!!!you totally don't need that much light over a 3x3 to get a lb.its almost a waste of juice.

NoddaPuppet

NoddaPuppet

I can give you some pointers on which clone only's will put you in the game. UKCHeese, Chemdog D, Mass. Super Skunk, and etc.

From what ive observed on the boards, the Chemdog D usually yields double what the UK Cheese will. :smiley_joint:

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
1000 watts over a 3 x 3 wow 111 watts per square foot!!!!you totally don't need that much light over a 3x3 to get a lb.its almost a waste of juice.

That is just about what the sun is on a clear day...

My best results ever were with 1200w(2 600w) over a 3x3 table, better than the 1k and light years ahead of the 600w, I did all of them at one time or another.

If your just shootin for 1lb, a 600w will get ya there no problem, but if your tryin to get the most out of your 3x3your definately have to step up the wattage IMO

Tex

cheaplastic

cheaplastic

I can get 2 z per with OG easily with 10-14 days veg - if you vegged it for even 1 month they would get out of hand and get too lanky - at least with the cut I get and my system.

Is that with a 1000w in soil or hydro?

Top Bottom