3x3 480watt LED Multiple Strains

• Thread starter TeeMoney615
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TeeMoney615

TeeMoney615

What’s up fellas. This is my first indoor grow. I have a 3x3 Gorilla Shorty extended to 5 feet tall. Mars Hydro FC-E4800 LED light. Pro-Mix BX and extra perlite for growing medium. I am running 9 plants in 3 gallon smart pots. 2 BF Orange Sherbert, 2 BF Dos Si Dos 33, 3 BF Strawberry Lemonade, and 2 Seedsman White Widow. All have sprouted and are about 42” under the light right now. Since I am running straight pro mix and perlite when should I begin adding nutrients?

BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines

What’s up fellas. This is my first indoor grow. I have a 3x3 Gorilla Shorty extended to 5 feet tall. Mars Hydro FC-E4800 LED light. Pro-Mix BX and extra perlite for growing medium. I am running 9 plants in 3 gallon smart pots. 2 BF Orange Sherbert, 2 BF Dos Si Dos 33, 3 BF Strawberry Lemonade, and 2 Seedsman White Widow. All have sprouted and are about 42” under the light right now. Since I am running straight pro mix and perlite when should I begin adding nutrients?

9 plants, 3 gallons each/ 27 gallons total, in a 3x3 tent, you're going to have humidity issues in mid- late flower after stretch.

I grow in a 3x3 and I have 9 plants in my tent right now, but they are in 1 gallon pots. My humidity stays around 55-60%.

Wait until those plants get a few nodes and some good growth on them to start giving them substantial amounts of nutrients.

I'm sure you could give them a light 5-10% strength dosage of nutrients if you want.

That light & tent combination is badass. I will be following this grow.

TeeMoney615

TeeMoney615

9 plants, 3 gallons each/ 27 gallons total, in a 3x3 tent, you're going to have humidity issues in mid- late flower after stretch.

I grow in a 3x3 and I have 9 plants in my tent right now, but they are in 1 gallon pots. My humidity stays around 55-60%.

Wait until those plants get a few nodes and some good growth on them to start giving them substantial amounts of nutrients.

I'm sure you could give them a light 5-10% strength dosage of nutrients if you want.

That light & tent combination is badass. I will be following this grow.
I assumed humidity would run high in the final stages. I have a 6” AC infinity inline exhaust fan and I also have a 6” AC infinity raxial fan for intake pumping in the bottom of the tent so I am hoping I can control humidity well. I know most 3x3 tents call for a 4” fan but I wanted to be cautious.

BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines

I assumed humidity would run high in the final stages. I have a 6” AC infinity inline exhaust fan and I also have a 6” AC infinity raxial fan for intake pumping in the bottom of the tent so I am hoping I can control humidity well. I know most 3x3 tents call for a 4” fan but I wanted to be cautious.

A 4 inch fan won't cut it, as you imagined.

I have a 6 inch inline exhaust fan and 4 inch inline fan and I am around 55-60% humidity.

I plan on adding an 8 inch inline exhaust fan and using the 6 inch inline fan as an intake, and retiring the 4 inch inline fan.

Are you hand watering those? Might start planning out an automated feed system.

I'm doing ebb and flow with 1 gal fabric pots and soil/perlite as the medium. I got tired of hand watering after my first run.

TeeMoney615

TeeMoney615

I plan on hand watering this go around. I want to totally control that process myself before I design an automated feeding system. What kind of light do you have in your tent?

Lockebox

Lockebox

Did you say the tent was 5 ft tall? You've got a low ceiling dude or I'm confused hahah

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I would also add that you probably don't need 3 gallon pots in a tent that size. Pot size is strongly correlated to plant size in soil systems and maybe these shouldn't get too large.

Seedlings have everything they need for 7-10 days of growth. After that, they will be getting hungry.

TeeMoney615

TeeMoney615

I would also add that you probably don't need 3 gallon pots in a tent that size. Pot size is strongly correlated to plant size in soil systems and maybe these shouldn't get too large.

Seedlings have everything they need for 7-10 days of growth. After that, they will be getting hungry.
I have been watching sshz grow and I think as long as I flip the switch around 4-5 weeks that I can keep them all 36” or less. I will be topping them about week 3.

BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines

Also I am running Botanicare PBP Grow, Bloom, Cal-Mag Plus, and Liquid Karma. Those are the only nutrients I am running along with Great White during transplant and once more when I flip the lights. I have some Silica Blast but the more I research it seems to be added ppm for not a lot of benefit. Opinions?
Why are you running added cal-mag and not silica?

Give them the silica, it strengthens the cell wall making the plant stronger, increases yield, increases heat resistance etc.

Farmers use silica to grow your food crops for the same exact reason.

Key to using silica, add the silica to your water FIRST. Your PH is going to go up to 8 or 9, use PH down until you reach 7.0. Once your water is neutral at +/- 7.0 you can add your additional nutrients in order.

If you add the silica after your nutrients, the PH will rise significantly, the nutrients will drop out, and the water will cloud. You can’t use this and it will have to be discarded.

Last edited:
TeeMoney615

TeeMoney615

Give them the silica, it strengthens the cell wall making the plant stronger, increases yield, increases heat resistance etc.

Key to using silica, add the silica to your water FIRST. Your PH is going to go up to 8 or 9, use PH down until you reach 7.0. Once your water is neutral at +/- 7.0 you can add your additional nutrients in order.

If you add the silica after your nutrients, the PH will rise significantly, the nutrients will drop out, and the water will cloud. You can’t use this and it will have to be discarded.
Noted. I will add the silica in the rotation and prepare it the way you mentioned. One last question on it. What dosage of silica should I use?

BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines

Noted. I will add the silica in the rotation and prepare it the way you mentioned. One last question on it. What dosage of silica should I use?
It depends, the recommended dose will fall somewhere between 2.0-5.0 ml/gal (3.8 liters).

You could probably add around 2.0-3.0 ml/gal (3.8 liters) and be good.

2.0 ml/gal = 40 ppm just to give you an idea.

Anthem

Anthem

You will need to add some beneficial microbes to your grow media for the potassium silicate to becomes available to your plants. The beneficial microbes must first breakdown the compound to Monosilic Acid to make it available for plant uptake. This can take weeks to months. There are other options but costly in the form of Monosilic acid. Power SI, silicium to name a couple

TeeMoney615

TeeMoney615

Will the great white micorrhizae not work?
You will need to add some beneficial microbes to your grow media for the potassium silicate to becomes available to your plants. The beneficial microbes must first breakdown the compound to Monosilic Acid to make it available for plant uptake. This can take weeks to months. There are other options but costly in the form of Monosilic acid. Power SI, silicium to name a couple
Will the great white micorrhizae not suffice?

TeeMoney615

TeeMoney615

D
That will work. Just be aware it will still take weeks or months for the microbes to make the compound into Monosilic acid. In the future try to start is early so the effects are used by the plant
i already have the promix and perlite mixed and in the 3 gallon pots. I have flushed the pots twice with distilled water. I am going to go ahead and insert some great white into the soil and water it one more time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom