3x3 480watt LED Multiple Strains

• Thread starter TeeMoney615
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines

Topped the plants last night before bed and woke up and said fuck it and went ahead and did a mass defoliation. I plan to flip them to flower a week from today. They look pitiful after defoliating them but I am trusting sshz and how he swears by it. Time will tell. They are 27 days old today. Light is at 24” above plants at 50% power. Temp around 74 today with a 65% RH.

If you flip them a week from topping & defoliating them you will sacrifice yield and quality. I made the exact same error on my first run.

You need to be patient and wait for the plant to start taking off again. It usually takes close to 2 weeks to recover from that much stress. Those plants are small and you just removed a significant portion of their biomass.

0ttomanfarmer

0ttomanfarmer

If you flip them a week from topping & defoliating them you will sacrifice yield and quality. I made the exact same error on my first run.

You need to be patient and wait for the plant to start taking off again. It usually takes close to 2 weeks to recover from that much stress. Those plants are small and you just removed a significant portion of their biomass.
Wait, so you are saying to not defoliate for one week before flipping?

BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines

Wait, so you are saying to not defoliate for one week before flipping?

In this case he topped and defoliated.

100% I wouldn’t flip to flower a week after topping (unless it was showing signs of new vigorous growth in that period).

Defoliating only, it’s subjective. It depends on how much plant material you remove. If you remove enough material that the plant stops growing, then I would wait for the plant to show new & vigorous growth before flipping.

Basically you just want to make sure your plant is in good physical condition going into flower. Sending them into flower stressed out is a recipe for lower quality & yield.

TeeMoney615

TeeMoney615

Ok I am going to hold off a few more days to switch to flowering if you think it’s best. Here are the girls today. Tons of new growth.

7BDDC946 6216 4910 B50E EC4A3B1C9992
TeeMoney615

TeeMoney615

I really blew it with this grow concerning the lights. I kept trying to cut up the dimmer and give them more lumens too quickly. I have given them light stress a few different times. It’s amazing how powerful these LED lights are right now I am still at 24” above the highest point of the tallest plant and the power is at around 45%. If I increase it at all it burns them.

0ttomanfarmer

0ttomanfarmer

I really blew it with this grow concerning the lights. I kept trying to cut up the dimmer and give them more lumens too quickly. I have given them light stress a few different times. It’s amazing how powerful these LED lights are right now I am still at 24” above the highest point of the tallest plant and the power is at around 45%. If I increase it at all it burns them.
do you use calmag because of your LED lights ? If not, that might be an option to strengthen your plants against heavy LED lights

TeeMoney615

TeeMoney615

the girls have grown crazy the past few days. I am in a 3x3 tent I think it’s time to flip the flower. What do you guys think?

D8341E55 5B8D 4304 A2C6 2CD449A51E37
JerzeyMike

JerzeyMike

Looking good man! Are you going to put up a scrog net? In two weeks its going to be packed in there. A net could help you control it. Powdery mildew is a mfer, keep an eye out, therss a lot of plants in there, its going to get thick!

TeeMoney615

TeeMoney615

Looking good man! Are you going to put up a scrog net? In two weeks its going to be packed in there. A net could help you control it. Powdery mildew is a mfer, keep an eye out, therss a lot of plants in there, its going to get thick!
Humidity has become a major issue in this south Florida weather. It’s crazy in the beginning I couldn’t get the humidity high enough. I just bought a dehumidifier today it will be here next Wednesday.

TeeMoney615

TeeMoney615

Flowering has begun. We are packed full already lol. This is going to be interesting.

8A6AF582 DCD2 4754 9C74 9A0D40C283F7
TeeMoney615

TeeMoney615

Did you notice how the did so dos #33 is about 6 inches taller than every other plant? It’s really complicating my light height.

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

Did you notice how the did so dos #33 is about 6 inches taller than every other plant? It’s really complicating my light height.
Yeah I did, are you gonna be using a scrogg?
What breaded is the 33? I’m running Barney’s dosido 33 right now. I like them a lot. Not to short and bushy and not to tall and lanky. Yeah it’s hard growing mixed strains for this reason among others

grnmtn

grnmtn

I had similar issues with the power of those lights. Found that they need massive amounts of nutes to be able to handle the light at near full power.

TeeMoney615

TeeMoney615

I had similar issues with the power of those lights. Found that they need massive amounts of nutes to be able to handle the light at near full power.
Man what you said. I also found anything under 24” resulted in problems. I am running my notes at ~1500ppm and the plants love it. I was scared at first I thought for sure it would burn them up but under these lights you are right you have got to give them a lot of nutes.

Top Bottom