3x3 Grow Tent Questions First Time Grower

• Thread starter highj91
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

highj91

Whats up guys, thanks ahead of time for any answers or feedback i get. I recently Got my own place and want to get into indoor growing now that i have the space.

I recently purchased a 3x3 grow tent a 600 watt led light with veg and bloom switches and the floraseries performance pack and a couple other supplements i seen other growers o youtube using with amazing buds.

1st question is - im getting clones i just wanted to know how far away the light should be from the plants at that young?

#2 - is a inline fan and filter mandatory? Was thinking of just grabbing some smaller fans to put in ports for exhaust and for incoming air circulation to begin with .

# 3 - nutrients you guys would suggest? Already purchased these so i woll use them for this grow for now but if i could have done better i will on my second go around ....

#4 when will i know to transplant clones into larger pots? Do i go straight into a 3 gallon like i plan to grow in? Or do i go to a 1 gal to a 3 gal as they grow?

Thank you ill post the grow chart i will be following. I am getting some platinum girl scouts and dolato clones ( do si do x gelato )
Will post update pics . As they come

3x3 grow tent questions first time grower
H

highj91

Ohhh and watering the plant i know about the ph of the water, but i hear i should use distilled or reverse osmosis ?

NHWhites

NHWhites

Growing in coco or soil? 18-24” away during veg. Inline can and filter are to help pull in fresh air passively and remove odor. If you don’t care about stank then it’s not absolutely necessary. Start is 1gal until the roots fill out and then transplant to 3gal pots. Have fun!!

H

highj91

Growing in coco or soil? 18-24” away during veg. Inline can and filter are to help pull in fresh air passively and remove odor. If you don’t care about stank then it’s not absolutely necessary. Start is 1gal until the roots fill out and then transplant to 3gal pots. Have fun!!

Thanks man, I appreciate it. And i havent picked up the soil yet but i was leaning toward the fox farms ocean forest soil, still doing some reading

MW7945

MW7945

IMO, for a first run, I'd just go straight to coco. I did it for mine and love it. Full control over what your plant is getting for nutrients.

As far as that box of nutrients, eh. Don't over complicate things by giving them 10 different products. I wasn't all that thrilled with the results of following their feedings schedule either. Okay, but not great by any means.

H

highj91

IMO, for a first run, I'd just go straight to coco. I did it for mine and love it. Full control over what your plant is getting for nutrients.

As far as that box of nutrients, eh. Don't over complicate things by giving them 10 different products. I wasn't all that thrilled with the results of following their feedings schedule either. Okay, but not great by any means.

definitely just checked out some videos for it, healthy and bigger plants compared to soil. and majority of guys said they didnt have much trouble with the coco. any preferred brand? washed or unwashed?

and bro the nutrients is the biggest thing i'm concerned on. i know it plays a part in getting the look smell and density. i see people only use a couple of the items on the list on the net .... first grow i just want to get it to grow and produce smoke-able buds

MW7945

MW7945

definitely just checked out some videos for it, healthy and bigger plants compared to soil. and majority of guys said they didnt have much trouble with the coco. any preferred brand? washed or unwashed?

and bro the nutrients is the biggest thing i'm concerned on. i know it plays a part in getting the look smell and density. i see people only use a couple of the items on the list on the net .... first grow i just want to get it to grow and produce smoke-able buds

Mother earth kinda gave me some issues, Canna Coco I had zero problems with. I bought the bag, not the compressed brick.

I used their feeding schedule and wasn't impressed. But used the Lucas formula this time, only uses Micro and Bloom from the trio. Those two + epsom salt and hydroguard.

As far as RO water, yea, pretty ideal with coco. RO systems aren't all too spendy.

C

christophera

I can answer your first question i think,

It depends on the growing phase of your plant,

If considered your coverage area, LEDs needs more heights to cover more area. Small sized LED boards could be kept at a distance of around 18” during buds first phase while it’s recommended to keep it at least 25 to 30” during plants flowering phase.

Source

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter

If considered your coverage area, LEDs needs more heights to cover more area. Small sized LED boards could be kept at a distance of around 18” during buds first phase while it’s recommended to keep it at least 25 to 30” during plants flowering phase.

Source
There is better led lights than the ones they Claim are the best in the test results.

MW7945

MW7945

Source

My 450w Vero29 build is about 14" away from mine right now. I know a few others here will run the plant right up to the light if they have to. A good LED will emit next to no heat, thus you can put it much closer to plants without harm.

K

kansabis

#1 for your light and space I'd say 18-24 inches.
#2circulation fan is a must,use fan for exhaust but use passive intake,and filter only if smell is an issue in your location
#3havent used many different nutes so I can't rec anything over another,I'd say keep it simple as possible first few times and I'd say add some microbes somehow if possible no matter what the medium you use.
#4either way works,I prefer to go straight to final pot
Also if doing coco or hydro I'd recommend ro/filtered water,soil no need.

K

kansabis

Any cob,quantum board and alot of the more expensive brand leds are good but id stick with cobs and qbs for now.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Any cob,quantum board and alot of the more expensive brand leds are good but id stick with cobs and qbs for now.
You beat me to it. Hard to beat either, but I really like the QB board.
Hey will you please list of the best led grow lights then?
Quantum boards and the newest cob chip leds like kansabis mentioned. Timber grow lights has both types.

K

kansabis

Yeah I'm ordering the hlg65 tonight,its the qb120 board and very small but just what I need or I believe will work great for veg in my 2x2.

Dan789

Dan789

6327C4C8 CE59 4636 B625 989F8B9AD9FA
I’ve just completed my Rapid led vero29 12 cob light up and running. Love the light, easy on the eyes versus the blurple light I’m getting out of my old (2 years old King plus 1200).
Side by side glad I moved to the cobs.

R

RonaldJanson

Thanks for sharing this post with us. Best Grow Room Glasses interval. Merely put, lumens measure the overall quantity of human seen gentle that comes from a specific gentle source.

Latest posts

Top Bottom