3x3 tent ?

• Thread starter catdaddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
catdaddy

catdaddy

have to downsize and wanted to know, what's the max watts you can run in a 3x3?

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I'm running 1200w in a 4x4. If properly cooled you could probably get away with a 1000w.

outwest

catdaddy

catdaddy

I'd say 600 watts..
that's what i figured. i have 3 1k's that can dim down to 600 but i was told the most would be a 400 that's why i had to ask to see if the info was correct. thanks
I'm running 1200w in a 4x4. If properly cooled you could probably get away with a 1000w.

outwest
outwest i wish, but i highly doubt i can get away with that much in the 3x3, it's the begging of summer and i don't know if mother nature is going to allow that. temps can get pretty hot around here and a 1k would just make it worst. thanks

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
outwest i wish, but i highly doubt i can get away with that much in the 3x3, it's the begging of summer and i don't know if mother nature is going to allow that. temps can get pretty hot around here and a 1k would just make it worst. thanks

I hear you. We've had an early warm here for sure. I said fuck it and picked up a portable AC. Seems to be doing the trick.

outwest

dankworth

dankworth

catdaddy, you can get a 5k btu wallbanger, build a platform with casters, build an exhaust manifold from 1/2" silvered foamboard stuff and foil tape, cut an 8" hole, attach 8" duct, vent with an 8" duct booster from home depot.
Or rig a 1594 cfm 8" blower from Harbor Freight with a 10" to 8" reducer on the end of it, and vent the shit out of your tent. Or both or something. Cool the shit out of the room that the tent is in with the AC, and vent the dickens out of the tent to support that 1k.
That blower is 75.00

G

Greenup

Yeah I am looking to buy a 3x3 tent as well, How many plants will be able to fit in there?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I used to run dual 600w(1200w) in my 3x3, that was the most wieght I have ever pulled outta 9 sq.ft..

Get a Grozilla or a Super spectrum hood that hold two bulbs and load it up with 600's..or a 600 hps and 400 mh combo

My second choice would be a 1000w dual arc in a cool tube

Dual 600's is two ballast, you can do the 600/400 or dual arc with one ballast, if thats a consideration

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
3x3 ebb& flow with 16 plants in 2 gallon perfect pots and minimal veg time

9 plants works even better in the same 2 gallon perfect pots and coco

tconch

tconch

I used to run dual 600w(1200w) in my 3x3, that was the most wieght I have ever pulled outta 9 sq.ft..

Get a Grozilla or a Super spectrum hood that hold two bulbs and load it up with 600's..or a 600 hps and 400 mh combo

Dual 600's is two ballast, you can do the 600/400 or dual arc with one ballast, if thats a consideration
have you done any comparisons with dual arc's vs straight mh or hps bulbs

catdaddy

catdaddy

have you or know anyone that has ever used the grozilla? would definitely be a good consideration if i can get someone who has had good experience with dealing with them?

forgot to thank everyone that contributed to this thread and would like to let you guys know all is appreciated, thanks.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
That's what I'm running with 2 600s (1mh/1hps) simultaneously. I have no first hand experiments, but I believe the additional spectrum to add serious value, if nothing else the additional wattage definitely does. :)

outwest

catdaddy

catdaddy

That's what I'm running with 2 600s (1mh/1hps) simultaneously. I have no first hand experiments, but I believe the additional spectrum to add serious value, if nothing else the additional wattage definitely does. :)

outwest
you're talking about the growzilla, am i right?

catdaddy

catdaddy

Yessir.

outwest
what kind of ballast are you using? i hope you say dual lumatek, that would be an ideal setup with the growzilla. i haven't really seen any reports on them but if you're using it and find it to be reliable i will pick one up and put up the other ballasts until i find use for them.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I started with a single lamp reflector and a phantom ballast. . .so when I upgraded to the growzilla, I got a second phantom ballast. I considered the dual lumatek, but it was not worth the additional cost.

outwest

Latest posts

Top Bottom