4 Plants - 7 week veg - couple issues

• Thread starter homestead67
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
homestead67

homestead67

Hello all - I'm not going to lie, I need some advice from some experienced growers. Let me start with he facts.

1. Grown from seed. 2 - Delicious Seeds, Marmalate and 2 - Mamiko Seeds, Accord. PHOTOS
2. Plants are 6 weeks and 6 days in veg, 7 weeks and 5 days from seed.
3. Plants are about 7" tall. Although they have been LST'd quite a lot from week 1 and 2. The main stem is about 15" long going around the outside of the pots.
4. Currently planted in 5 gallon fabric pots.
a. First 10 days, the seedlings grew in nursery pots.
b. At 10 days transplanted them into 3 gallon fabric pots
c. At 48 days (5 weeks 3 days) transplanted into 5 gallon pots
5. Fox Farms Happy Frog potting soil
6. Water every other day to every 2 days, about 1/4 - 1/2 gallon per plant. Using tap water left out and exposed for at least 48 hours. I add 5ml CAL/MAG to 1 Gallon water every watering.
7. pH is around 6.2 -6.5. (not sure how well my tester is or how well I am testing)
8. I have been using dry amendment fertilizers.
a. Earth Juice Rainbow Mix Pro Grow 8-6-3
1. Added 1 tablespoon to one gallon of soil for nursery pots and germination.
2. First transplant to 3 gallon pots, I mixed 3 tablespoons for each pot then transplanted.
i. 2 weeks after transplant, I top dressed with the rainbow mix. 6 tablespoons per pot.
b. Dr. Earth Flower Girl 3-9-4
1. Mixed 1/2CUP Dr. Earth Flower girl with 5 gallons of soil and transplanted to it.
2. I am here today 10 days after the last transplant
9. I do not spray anything
10. MarsHydro TSW2000 LED grow lights. about 300 actual watts.
11. Lights were about 20" from highest growth. I have raised this about 7" before I started to write this.
12. 4x4 reflective grow tent
13. Temp an Humidity Lights out 72F 70%RH Lights On 78-81F 68-70%RH
14. Soil pH - ??? Haven't checked this
15. I have seen only one japanese beetle in the grow space, which may have been attached to my coat when I entered the grow space.
16. This is my first indoor grow. I have previously done 4 outdoor grows with 3 grows auto and 1 with photoperiod plants. I did not and have not done very well even with my outdoor grows. Looks like that has carried over to my indoor grow too.

Hopefully that is enough information to help with diagnosis.

First concern - These are taken from one plant. Leaves just turned brown in less than 28 hours. This seems the worst on this one plant but I can see this happening, just not as extreme on another plant.

20201221_192700.jpg

20201221_192706.jpg

20201221_192707.jpg

Next concern is the yellowing of these leaves on 2 different plants. I suspected heat/light burn...which caused me to raise the light this evening. about 6-7". I notice in the one picture there are spots showing up and on the other plant almost full leaf discoloration, curling leaves, almost burnt on the edges?

20201221_192717.jpg

20201221_192721.jpg

20201221_193125.jpg

And here is my next concern - I notice quite a few leaves looking like the one below some rust scales and browning color. I don't know if this is the first sign to show up that will eventually look like my first images but I am of course not sure. I thought it was a calcium deficiency so I started to use CALMAG about 3 weeks ago and haven't noticed any changes. Here is what these next one looks like -
20201221_192729.jpg

Here is how they all look from a security camera this evening. Not the best photo, but you can see the browning and yellowing on the closest plant. Earlier this morning, I was unable to see the yellowing or brown like I can now on this camera. Also -in the back, you can see the yellowing leaves.

12-21-2.PNG

They still seem to grow and fill out more every few hours or so. I was really hoping to flip these babies into flower this Wednesday but I am not sure if that is a good idea with the symptoms I am seeing currently. Any advice or tips with these current symptoms would be great! I have way too many resources now tied up into this grow to just let them go to hell.

If anyone needs more details, please let me know!

Thanks for looking at my post.

Last edited:
growsince79

growsince79

Hello all - I'm not going to lie, I need some advice from some experienced growers. Let me start with he facts.

1. Grown from seed. 2 - Delicious Seeds, Marmalate and 2 - Mamiko Seeds, Accord. PHOTOS
2. Plants are 6 weeks and 6 days in veg, 7 weeks and 5 days from seed.
3. Plants are about 7" tall. Although they have been LST'd quite a lot from week 1 and 2. The main stem is about 15" long going around the outside of the pots.
4. Currently planted in 5 gallon fabric pots.
a. First 10 days, the seedlings grew in nursery pots.
b. At 10 days transplanted them into 3 gallon fabric pots
c. At 48 days (5 weeks 3 days) transplanted into 5 gallon pots
5. Fox Farms Happy Frog potting soil
6. Water every other day to every 2 days, about 1/4 - 1/2 gallon per plant. Using tap water left out and exposed for at least 48 hours. I add 5ml CAL/MAG to 1 Gallon water every watering.
7. pH is around 6.2 -6.5. (not sure how well my tester is or how well I am testing)
8. I have been using dry amendment fertilizers.
a. Earth Juice Rainbow Mix Pro Grow 8-6-3
1. Added 1 tablespoon to one gallon of soil for nursery pots and germination.
2. First transplant to 3 gallon pots, I mixed 3 tablespoons for each pot then transplanted.
i. 2 weeks after transplant, I top dressed with the rainbow mix. 6 tablespoons per pot.
b. Dr. Earth Flower Girl 3-9-4
1. Mixed 1/2CUP Dr. Earth Flower girl with 5 gallons of soil and transplanted to it.
2. I am here today 10 days after the last transplant
9. I do not spray anything
10. MarsHydro TSW2000 LED grow lights. about 300 actual watts.
11. Lights were about 20" from highest growth. I have raised this about 7" before I started to write this.
12. 4x4 reflective grow tent
13. Temp an Humidity Lights out 72F 70%RH Lights On 78-81F 68-70%RH
14. Soil pH - ??? Haven't checked this
15. I have seen only one japanese beetle in the grow space, which may have been attached to my coat when I entered the grow space.
16. This is my first indoor grow. I have previously done 4 outdoor grows with 3 grows auto and 1 with photoperiod plants. I did not and have not done very well even with my outdoor grows. Looks like that has carried over to my indoor grow too.

Hopefully that is enough information to help with diagnosis.

First concern - These are taken from one plant. Leaves just turned brown in less than 28 hours. This seems the worst on this one plant but I can see this happening, just not as extreme on another plant.

View attachment 1070240
View attachment 1070241
View attachment 1070242

Next concern is the yellowing of these leaves on 2 different plants. I suspected heat/light burn...which caused me to raise the light this evening. about 6-7". I notice in the one picture there are spots showing up and on the other plant almost full leaf discoloration, curling leaves, almost burnt on the edges?

View attachment 1070243
View attachment 1070244
View attachment 1070246

And here is my next concern - I notice quite a few leaves looking like the one below some rust scales and browning color. I don't know if this is the first sign to show up that will eventually look like my first images but I am of course not sure. I thought it was a calcium deficiency so I started to use CALMAG about 3 weeks ago and haven't noticed any changes. Here is what these next one looks like -
View attachment 1070245

Here is how they all look from a security camera this evening. Not the best photo, but you can see the browning and yellowing on the closest plant. Earlier this morning, I was unable to see the yellowing or brown like I can now on this camera. Also -in the back, you can see the yellowing leaves.

View attachment 1070250

They still seem to grow and fill out more every few hours or so. I was really hoping to flip these babies into flower this Wednesday but I am not sure if that is a good idea with the symptoms I am seeing currently. Any advice or tips with these current symptoms would be great! I have way too many resources now tied up into this grow to just let them go to hell.

If anyone needs more details, please let me know!

Thanks for looking at my post.
Nute lockout from chronic overwatering. You need to let the pots dry complete then water about 1.5 gallons each time.

homestead67

homestead67

Nite lockout from chronic overwatering. You need to let the pots dry complete the water about 1.5 gallons each time.
Hi. 1.5 gallons per pot or total for all four pots?

I am pretty sure I water about 1/4 gallon per pot every couple days.

Are you saying I'm overwatering by volume or frequency? 1.5 gallons for 1 pot or all 4 would be the most I have ever watered them by volume.

Thank you for your input!

growsince79

growsince79

Hi. 1.5 gallons per pot or total for all four pots?

I am pretty sure I water about 1/4 gallon per pot every couple days.

Are you saying I'm overwatering by volume or frequency? 1.5 gallons for 1 pot or all 4 would be the most I have ever watered them by volume.

Thank you for your input!
You are watering too little too often. Let each 5 gallon pot should dry out enough that it takes about 6 quarts to water complete to runoff. Then wait until they lose at least 10 pounds each before you water again.

homestead67

homestead67

You are watering too little too often. Let each 5 gallon pot should dry out enough that it takes about 6 quarts to water complete to runoff. Then wait until they lose at least 10 pounds each before you water again.
Wow. I am going to start that right away.

Are all symptoms you see in the pictures indicative of chronic over watering?

Thanks again for that watering advice!

homestead67

homestead67

Hello again. I am curious if it is still advisable for me to switch the above plants into flowering with the signs they are giving me? I haven't watered in 4 days and plan on watering for the first time with the 1.5 gallons per pot tomorrow.

Also -will the discoloration in the leaves ever rebound or will I need to look for no new discoloration. How or where should I look for watering improvements?

thanks!

Latest posts

Top Bottom