4 strain grow in flower stretch. Blueberry Cheesecake is worrying me.

• Thread starter wallywonks
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
wallywonks

wallywonks

The plants have been amazing so far.
No deficiencies or issues.
Only issue now is the Blueberry Cheesecake girl. She's stretching 2 to 3" a day. I had to wait for the 2 other plants to catch up an extra week cause of having to regerm 2 seeds in the beginning of the grow.

I flipped the tent almost 2 weeks ago and I know they'll continue to stretch up until week 4 or 5 of flower I believe.

There's 18" left to hit the LEDs and I'm hanging it right off the ceiling now. Only thing I can do is remove the pot spacer and gain 3 more inches if needed.

Not sure what to do if she's the 3X stretch pheno from femaleseeds.nl
She was 24" at flip lol.
I never supercropped but I'd like to avoid that if possible especially in flower.

4 strain grow in flower stretch blueberry cheesecake is worrying me

4 strain grow in flower stretch blueberry cheesecake is worrying me 2
4 strain grow in flower stretch blueberry cheesecake is worrying me 3
4 strain grow in flower stretch blueberry cheesecake is worrying me 4
4 strain grow in flower stretch blueberry cheesecake is worrying me 5
Moshmen

Moshmen

Bend a tie to ur cage , or pinch stems to slow growth - even super crop tech just snapping tops , not completely off just breaking and bending down - none are ideal this late in the game but all will keep ya from growing into the lights

Right now looks good, I’d wait and see if stet h stops

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

The plants have been amazing so far.
No deficiencies or issues.
Only issue now is the Blueberry Cheesecake girl. She's stretching 2 to 3" a day. I had to wait for the 2 other plants to catch up an extra week cause of having to regerm 2 seeds in the beginning of the grow.

I flipped the tent almost 2 weeks ago and I know they'll continue to stretch up until week 4 or 5 of flower I believe.

There's 18" left to hit the LEDs and I'm hanging it right off the ceiling now. Only thing I can do is remove the pot spacer and gain 3 more inches if needed.

Not sure what to do if she's the 3X stretch pheno from femaleseeds.nl
She was 24" at flip lol.
I never supercropped but I'd like to avoid that if possible especially in flower.

View attachment 1259897
Crimp them or tie the tops down as needed to get an even canopy

wallywonks

wallywonks

Crimp them or tie the tops down as needed to get an even canopy
What point in flower do I stop tying them down? Lots of info says not to at a certain point. I've never had height issues until this one. I just use pipe cleaners to tie them so I can arrange the spears to get light down in and to space them apart a bit to even it out.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

What point in flower do I stop tying them down? Lots of info says not to at a certain point. I've never had height issues until this one. I just use pipe cleaners to tie them so I can arrange the spears to get light down in and to space them apart a bit to even it out.
When most of the stretch stops, just keep tightening the string or whatever your using until the canopy is roughly the same. A lot of people top blueberry just before inducing flowering because of the stretch

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Your plant appears to be through most of its stretch in my opinion. Vertical growth will slow down as your buds begin to stack. I'd keep tying them down for now as you have. I also think you'll notice when they are through the stretch. Stacking buds do still grow taller ... but vertical growth slows down because the plant is trying to fill out and finish its flowers.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Don't be afraid to supercrop or do any form of low or high stress training during stretch. Just don't TOP after you flip.

I've supercropped many, many times during stretch and it has never caused a problem. But when you top, even a day after you flip, you just end up with two relatively minor buds at the point where you topped and little branching.

wallywonks

wallywonks

Your plant appears to be through most of its stretch in my opinion. Vertical growth will slow down as your buds begin to stack. I'd keep tying them down for now as you have. I also think you'll notice when they are through the stretch. Stacking buds do still grow taller ... but vertical growth slows down because the plant is trying to fill out and finish its flowers.
I think you're right. She only grew 1" yesterday but she needs watered when I get home from work today. I'll have to remeasure. She was 45" yesterday.
Its only 5 gal pot so she shouldn't get too big

Top Bottom