4 strains - 1st grow, outside on balcony

• Thread starter balconyfun
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

balconyfun

I have had these clones for about a month... they were probably 2 - 3 weeks old when I aqcuired them. I've only fed them nutes twice, and am now giving the girls only water so that I can attempt to clone them next week. (Thinking of water cloning since it's free and not in a huge hurry).

The 4 strains are Jack Herer, Barney's LSD, Sour Diesel, and Lemon Lavender Haze. All the pics are labeled. There's something going on with the tips of the plants but since I'm semi-flushing them anyway, I hope that will just go away.

I posted once after I transplanted the girls into the home depot buckets... I had trouble with the LSD initially, but as you can see, they all are doing pretty well. The Sour Diesel had an accident and lost maybe 8" to 10" of the main stalk because of trying to be stealth with it all. She's still holding up pretty good, trying some LST with the Sour D and the LSD, since they're not as awesome as the other 2.

Comments / Suggestions / Critiques welcome!

4mommas wide
4mommas 2
Jackherrerandlemlavhaze
Lsdandsourd
Jackherrer
Jackherrercu2
Lemlavhaze 1
Lemlavhazecu
Lsd tied down 1
Sourd cu2
4 strains   1st grow outside on balcony 11
Sourd cu
Jackherrercu
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
They look very slightly nute burned, just to the point I like to take mine. They look pretty good!

They're kind of far along into flowering it looks like, so if you plan on taking cuts you should get crack-a-lackin' on that. Take your cuts from the lowest branches possible.

B

balconyfun

thanks for the replies!

I might as well clone from a clone, cuz it's free, and why not! I have space on the other side of the balcony to experiment a little more. Thanks for the reassurance on that idea.

I read about flushing the plants before cloning them to help them root faster, so I was going to take some cuts on Monday and see what happens!

B

balconyfun

i was trying to flush the girls to take some clones that are hungry for roots... i'll either do it tomorrow or over the weekend.. gotta pick up a few supplies first, and am still deciding whether I should get a bubble dome and some rock wool cubes and get them soaking or just go on the cheap and do water cloning, or maybe do some of both.

how far along in flowering do you think the girls are? I haven't given them any Big Bloom, just some Grow Big... I know I need to flush before I harvest, so I am just trying to figure out if I have 3 weeks or 6 or whatever. Any input would be great.

Thanks again for the replies!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
They're about a month in, easy. They were a lot older/farther along than 2-3 weeks when you got them. It would honestly be easier for you to just watch them develop. At this point I would reduce nitrogen in their feed and start pushing a little more phosphorous and potassium. There is no reason to flush a healthy girl just to take cuts, either. Just do it. No need to fuck around with rockwool, you can root in almost anything--soil, Jiffy pots, peat pucks, Rapid Rooters, perlite, coco, a mix of perlite-coco-worm castings, sand, a mix of perlite-vermiculite, well-aerated water, and of course, rockwool.

Nor cali, why wouldn't you clone a clone? As long as everything is going well and growing happy. Even if it's not growing happy, it's how I've saved myself certain genetics, and there are plenty of lines that are clone-only. How would I have the White if we weren't cloning clones?

B

balconyfun

Thanks for the advice Seamaiden (especially on the nutes)... I actually got Rapid Rooters today and am about to take the cuts!

Thought I'd upload a few closeups I took today.

JH cu
LLH CU
LSD cu
SourD cu
B

balconyfun

all 4 are looking especially perky this morning after their first taste of Big Bloom yesterday!

B

balconyfun

Update on the girls... they're lookin great to me!

Any comments? Remember, it's my first grow! Again, I have Barney's LSD, Jack Herer, Sour D, Lemon Lavendar Haze! The pictures are all labeled I guess I can't really order them!

LSD
LSDa
LSDb
SD
SourDa
SourDb
JH
JHa
JHaa
JHb
LLH
LLHa
LLHb
LLHc
F

foolsgold

nice and frosty for outdoor. looking very nice man. keep it up.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You get those cuts taken yet? You're gonna want 'em.

Top Bottom