400 Plants in two 7'x10'x8' flowering rooms

• Thread starter LaMarr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LaMarr

LaMarr

Doesnt seem possible ? This is the plan..lighting being provided by two 600 watt lumatek ballasts w/ 4 600 watt hortilux hps bulbs hanging vertically, two in each room w/ the power to the lights flipping back & forth between the two rooms by using a powerbox flipbox.I will be growing the plants in a vertical design using 43" long totes as reservoirs, the tops of the totes will be cut to hold five 6" diameter pvc pipes & these will each hold five 6" net pots,there will be four of these reservoirs per light squared in around the light so that no plant will be further than 3 ft. from the light source. Will be using Al b. fucts method for harvesting every two weeks beginning each new cycle w/ 100 fresh clones.

L

LittleAmsterdam

Junior, impossible ! Why don't you start with a few & learn the ropes first. Then you'll know how many 600W you'll need for 12 or more. 400 plants is ridiculously crazy & stupid if you can't answer this question.

treebark1950

treebark1950

400 plants for 2400 watts, i dunno man sounds like way too many and an overkill set up. I run less then 60 plants for 14,000watts.

Ya ever grown a mom that can produce 100 cuts on the reg? Pretty big momma!

Whats ur experience level?

S

StonerScience

400 plants for 2400 watts, i dunno man sounds like way too many and an overkill set up. I run less then 60 plants for 14,000watts.

Ya ever grown a mom that can produce 100 cuts on the reg? Pretty big momma!

Whats ur experience level?

I'm lucky to get 45 cuts off a mom. he's gonna need that 2400 watts just for 8+ moms to give him 400 cuts, and that doesn't count the percentage that will die. not doable.

dankworth

dankworth

Move to a med state and grow trees. Or move to a med state and run guerilla numbers with five gallon buckets until you have a setup where you grow trees.

You need to put down Sea Of Green by Hans. That shit will get you years and years and years in prison.
There is no weed in prison.
There is no pussy in prison.
Do not risk access to weed or pussy.

Learn to veg efficiently by patiently reading forum threads here. Then you can fill up your canopy with much less numbers. There are lots of tricks to shortening veg time.

Plan on getting caught. Know how much time you are looking at. Do lots of research and planning, and ask questions here if necessary. Everyone will tell you the same thing. You can pull weight out of a room without numbers like you are talking about.
Do not make choices that could get you a 5 year minimum federal sentence(100 plants or more if caught by feds).

If you move to a med state and jump through the hoops, you can play this game and not do a bunch of time. Just give it a little more time so you can make a more educated decision on a path forward.

treebark1950

treebark1950

I'm lucky to get 45 cuts off a mom. he's gonna need that 2400 watts just for 8+ moms to give him 400 cuts, and that doesn't count the percentage that will die. not doable.

What he said!! I had a Giant Mom that I could take 100 cuts off of every 3-4 weeks max and that momma was in a 50 gal smart pot, and under a 1k MH bulb and had been veggin for almost 2 years!

LaMarr

LaMarr

Junior, impossible ! Why don't you start with a few & learn the ropes first. Then you'll know how many 600W you'll need for 12 or more. 400 plants is ridiculously crazy & stupid if you can't answer this question.

I only need the two six hundreds for the method I'm using, will be PLENTY of light, only going with single cola as I will be pruning religiously, also, not taking 400 clones all at once, 100 every two weeks from multiple mothers. All doubters welcome to participate in bash sessions, just be ready to eat crow & apologize just as profusely as you said it couldn't be done. Sometimes it would be better for a person to admit that THEY couldn't do something rather than say 'it cant be done !'

L

LittleAmsterdam

LaMarr we're not trying to bash your idea, but give you good advice to decrease your plants, increase your number$, decrease your time in jail, and increase your likelihood of a positive experience.

Take the advice of your fellow farmers!

juniorgrower

juniorgrower

WOW 400 plants at once? Even if you did a sea of green and had one cola on each plant, your still talking a lot of bud. I sure hope you have a crew to help you take care of them ladies when there finished. If not your going to be busy!

LaMarr

LaMarr

Please list flaws w/plan OTHER than legal issue, I know that I didn't expand on details such as media, sealed/intake -outtake, climate controllers & all of that, but trust that when attacking such an endeavor all of that has been taken into account, my thing is this though, if your going to do something do it, but do it as efficiently as possible.

L

LittleAmsterdam

Your biggest flaw is TOO many plants in a 4x4 under a 600watt. How are you going to space them to fit all 100 plants but allow room for growth, stretch, and air circulation?

Efficiency = Training = SCROG or LST = less plants needed = more cola$ than just the top

Canopy training allows you to get light to all the limbs so you don't have to cut the lower limbs and you get more from it

green punk

green punk

Please list flaws w/plan OTHER than legal issue, I know that I didn't expand on details such as media, sealed/intake -outtake, climate controllers & all of that, but trust that when attacking such an endeavor all of that has been taken into account, my thing is this though, if your going to do something do it, but do it as efficiently as possible.

Pests, loose lips, fungus, viruses, pride, unexpected circumstance that causes you to leave a un tended garden.

Its mighty ambitious, got to say that.

treebark1950

treebark1950

If you want us to post flaws or issues then I think you are way over your head in this endeavor! How big is your veg room?

The most efficient SOG's I've seen ran 64 plants per 4x4 with a 1k overhead and they rocked out.

100 per 4x4 is too many IMO. Just too cluttered.

I rock 5-8 plants in scrog that fill a 4x8 tray. 5-8 plants versus your 200! And I have 100's of tops.

Post some pics up!!!

Anyways sounds like you got it all figured out in your head! Just maybe not 100% in the actual grow room. When I build a room I draw blueprints and get it worked out on paper so I have a real plan going into it!

Good luck!

LaMarr

LaMarr

two rooms 7'x10'x8', & the flaws I keep seeing posted are the same ones that would occur if there was 1 plant or 1000. As for spacing, there are 5 pvc pipes protruding from the top of reservoir, openings in the pipes to hold net pots at an angle to allow for growth of plants, four of these set-ups boxed in surrounding vertically hung light to achieve ample light coverage to all plants. From now on ending posts w/ in theory, or theoretically, so as not to offend the more experienced grower. :hunter: (taking subliminal shots)

LaMarr

LaMarr

can't post pic as this is a PLAN for the design of what I am trying to accomplish, in the process of locating appropriate house to purchase & dedicate to endeavor, could run ebb & flow, bubble buckets or numerous other methods, but would need more equipment, run more watts, more this, more that & on & on. To MY knowledge (which isn't the greatest, I'll be the first to admit) a 4'x4' area will receive sufficient light coverage from a 600 watt bulb (am I wrong, does anyone dispute this ?) also, I could be wrong, but from what I HEAR, 600's have a better watts to lumens ratio, I know it seems kind of bass akwards to worry about saving a couple pennies here & there in the scope of the entire project but hey, I'm cheap & if you couldn't already tell, I'm just like the store..I WANT MORE FOR LESS !!
So..can anyone answer a few questions for me please
1.) Will a 600 watt bulb adequately light a 4'x4' area ?
2.) Does anyone have experience w/ vertical set-ups ?

L

LittleAmsterdam

A 600W isn't strong enough to grow trees. If that's what your asking.

I agree, a 600W is a great lamp becuae of the lumens per watt & decreased heat compared to 1K. The only problem is they dont penetrate the canopy more than 2 feet.

600W are GREAT lamps for SCROG, LST, & SOG if only harvesting the top like you previously mentioned...

LaMarr

LaMarr

A 600W isn't strong enough to grow trees. If that's what your asking.
:confused0054:
:sign0065:
No sir, not trying to grow trees on only 2 weeks of vegging
in an earlier post(1st) didnt YOU use the word 'stupid' when responding to my opening post ? :fighting0085:

L

LittleAmsterdam

LaMarr, you came to us asking for advice. Everyone has given you their honest opinion. I would take heed to their advice. No reason they would steer you wrong!

Best advice is to start small with 1 4x4, 1 600W, and 1 Mother. After a few grows you'll know more about what it takes to grow a few more.

In the mean time, we'll all be waiting for your pictures. I'll be the first to eat Crow if I'm wrong!

Latest posts

Top Bottom