400+ watt CFL micro grow - BCBD Blueberry IBL first week of flowering

• Thread starter blueberrybud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

blueberrybud

Updated: 501 watt CFL micro grow - BCBD Blueberry IBL week 4 flowering

Here are some pics of my small indoor grow. I am growing in a 2'x2' closet space with 453 watts of CFL lighting. I am running Stealth Hydro's 315 watt light (5000k, 3000k) with supplemental lights from the hardware store (3500k, 2700k). I vegged for 5 weeks under CFL's ranging from 5000k to 6500k, and they just got the flip and lighting switch yesterday.

The strain is BCBD Blueberry that I inbred. It's very stable and produces navy-blue, purple, and red plants that have the dankest blueberry smell. Really nice sedative high that lasts for hours and never burns you out.

purpleberry

purpleberry

Healthy looking plants, cant wait to see what the nugs looks like.

acidnI

acidnI

Green fat short beauties.Perfect size for flowering with CFL. Best of luck with the rest of the grow. Keep us informed!

B

blueberrybud

Hey guys...sorry it's been a while since I've updated...we're in the fourth week of flowering now and have some very nice bud sites. I also took cuts from all 4 plants, since they were all female and all have that familiar blue-blueberry pheno structure I was looking for. They all smell like sweet fruit, and I suspect the blueberry smell will be coming through more in the next week or so. I'm running out now, but I will be back to post some pics.

S

shepj

wait you are growing 4 plants in a 2x2 closet? I am interested in the yield, if it's decent then I'm gonna pull this off next!

B

blueberrybud

Updated pics

Here are some pics of the grow from earlier today. They are in the 4th week of flowering and looking pretty good. I took a few cuts from each plant, pruned on occassion, and bent the tops all the way until the second week of flowering. Each plant has about 11-13 terminal buds and they are just now starting to fill out and push trichomes. Blueberry smell is already there. Currently there is 501 watts of CFL light in the 2700to 3500kelvin lighting. I have never grown solelywith CFLs so the yield is a toss up. If these buds continue to fill out well, I think I'm looking at an ouce a plant average. Maybe that's wishful thinking. Anyhow, enjoy the pics.

B

blueberrybud

Updated pics...ending week 5 of flowering

Here are some updated shots of my Blueberry IBL. They are now wrapping up the fifth week of flowering and are really starting to fatten up. All 4 plants turned out to be females, so I just took some cuts and flowered all of them. The cuts will go outdoors and I may keep one inside to do a single plant scrog.

These phenos are really different than other BB's we have grown. Maybe it's because of the fluoros im using. Main cola dominant pattern for all 4, even with plenty of pinching the main cola is enormous. 2 of them smell like blueberry-infused juicy fruit gum, one smells like chocolate, and one is plain nasty skunk-poo smell, but fruity when shaken. The latter looks to be the smallest yielder so far with very fluffy flowers. The others are all pretty tight, especially for a strictly CFL
grow.

DSCF0804
DSCF0806
DSCF0812
DSCF0813
DSCF0816
DSCF0818
DSCF0819
DSCF0820
DSCF0821
DSCF0824
DSCF0828
DSCF0829
DSCF0831
D

diezelburner

Thats impressive fro CFLs good job! Cant wait to see the finished product

Ghostwolf

Ghostwolf

:cool0044:Blueberrybud those are some great pictures man! I would love to see more.

MtnGoat3

MtnGoat3

nice job with the CFLs. i am working with some myself and am 15 days into flowering. right now i have a 500W CF flood lamp and a 300W CFL. Any suggestions from your experience? Can't wait to see the finished product.

B

Bill Bloome

KUDOs BlueberryBud,Long live the CFL Micro grow!I've got a 2x2x4 box in my drum room just starting.Sure hope I get the results you did.I've got 5 150 42 watt bulbs on the back wall and a 2ft T5 on each side.Great job!Pics are coming.

old.Ford

old.Ford

Hey Blueberrybud, Really nice tops, I have been growing in a 3x3 darkroom and cant get any height without stretching my plants. Its driving me crazy. How tall are the girls? Look to be about 24" or so. This also has limited my bud size. Anyhow the buds look great Nice grow. Happy New Year, old ford

B

Bill Bloome

Greetings Blueberry, I think I'm going to have similar results with my micro.I've got some really nice Ghanja Dwarfs veggin' and am looking for pre-flowers Been almost a month so they should start to show soon.Your girls are REALLY nice,Bro.Congrats,mad props!

F

Franklin P. Nug

Lookin good holmes. Post some details/pics of your set up.

B

Bill Lermer

The "Stealth Hydro" 315 watt is 3 CFLs for $200 plus shipping/tax.

For $365 you could get a 400w Ceramic Metal Halide (or high pressure metal halide).
The GE 3K cmh has 41000 lumens (102.5 lumens per watt) vs. 15000 lumens
(47.62 lumens pe watt) for the "Stealth Hydro".

This CMH is full spectrum with CRI or 80; the "Stealth Hydro" does not list their CRI.

BTW, "Stealth Hydro" claims average color temperatures of 30K, 41K, and 50K;
however they are off by a factor of 10. This should be 3K, 4.1K, an 5K. This is a hint
that "Stealth Hydro" doesn't have a clue about lighting.

With a proper reflector, the 400w CMH should illuminate a 2.5' x 5' area.
I don't think the "Stealth Hydro" covers as much with their three CFLs.

You might want to use 3 of the 100w CMH instead, to get better distribution of light (from multiple angles resulting in fewer shadows). Each of these has 6500 lumens,
or 65 lumens per watt. Your total luminosity would be 1950, with fewer total watts than the "Stealth Hydro".

Latest posts

Top Bottom