*400 WATT CLOSET GROW* Santa Cruz Kush, UK Cheese, Skywalker OG Kush, God's Gift!

• Thread starter Triz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Triz

Hello everyone!

This is my first grow log/journal/diary, but I have been trollling on thcfarmer for awhile. I appreciate everyone's advice and knowledge on this forum so much, that I figured I should contribute my experiences as well. A little bit about my history with medical marijuana growing...This is my 6th grow, 2nd one in soil. Always been a huge fan of the cleanliness, efficiency and precision involved in hydro, but my new budget/residency does not allow me to do so. However, I love the taste of bud grown in dirt, so I can't say that I'm upset :) In the past I have grown: Arcata Trainwreck, White Widow, NYC Diesel, Hindu Kush, Lamb's Bread, Casey Jones, Bubba Kush, and Super Silver Haze. Another note...All of my previous grows were in a 20x20 room with 2400 watts (HUGE difference compared to now). I've used Advanced Nutrients, General Hydro, Botanicare, and Humboldt Nutrients...but never done the ever so infamous "Fox Farm Nutrients". The room was divided in half, in which I had perpetual harvests going on. Every 8 weeks I would be locked up in my room...trimming for hours. It was an extremely fun, easy-going hobby, but the risk involved was not worth the reward :) But enough about my history...let's jump into what's goin on now.

Current Equipment:
Hydrofarm Daystar AC Hood
400 Watt HPS Lumatek Digi Ballast and Bulb
Hydrofarm 6 inch Booster Fan/Exhaust Fan
4 inch Axial Intake Fan
Roots Organics Soil in 15 gallon pots (way overkill)

Veg Nutrients:
Fox Farm Grow Big
Fox Farm Big Bloom
Fox Farm Open Sesame (for last week of veg)
House and Garden Roots XL
Molasses
Silica Blast

Strains:
2 Santa Cruz Kush that are 2 weeks older than the rest. (harborside collective)
1 Skywalker OG Kush (the green cross)
2 God's Gift (the green cross)
1 UK Cheese (grass roots)

So I'm a little bit late getting started on this online journal. I'm in my last week of veg (been about 4 weeks), but have been keeping a hard copy of a journal since day 1. So far, everything has been extremely smooth. No signs of stress from the LST/Topping and no bugs. I have just started seeing a tiny, tiny bit of powdery mildew (scares the shit outta me everytime), so I went out and bought this nice little product made by SaferGro, called, Mildew Cure. Since I noticed the mildew (last week) I have been spraying with 9 parts water, 1 part milk. Unfortunately, I don't feel 100% positive that the milk spray is going to work, so I went to my trusty hydro store and talked to them. They highly recommended the mildew cure (since I denied the serenade), so I thought I'd try it out.

Other than the PM, no hiccups what-so-ever. My temps have been ranging from about 68-78 and RH is 50-60%. I have a sensor for my digi thermometer that is about 4" away from the light, 6" away from the tops of my plants. Everything is really good.

I'm going to flip the lovely ladies over to flowering on Sunday night. What a perfect time for you all to start following along, eh? I'll post some pics of the babes (later tonight when I have time to downside them), along with captions that'll let you know how old they are. Thanks for reading dudes, peace to all :smoke

R

Rong Bips

Great genetics, cant wait to see some of that Skywalker and SC-OG!

T

Triz

Some pics for you guys to enjoy...

Day 13 (veg) for the SC OG, Day 1 for the rest. SW OG and Cheese on the bottom, GG in the mid, SC OG at the top.
IMG_13201.jpg

Day 18 (veg) for the SC OG (the two big ones in the back) and day 5 for the rest. God's gift on the bottom, SW OG on the mid left and UK Cheese on mid right.
IMG_13331.jpg

Undershot of the LSTing I did on the SC OG. Used zipties this time and worked really well.
IMG_1349.jpg

IMG_1350.jpg

IMG_1402.JPG

IMG_1404.jpg

IMG_1403.JPG

IMG_1398.jpg

Day 1 of flowering :banana1sv6:
IMG_1406.JPG

Have a good day everyone :P

M

Motherhugger

Hello everyone!

This is my first grow log/journal/diary, but I have been trollling on thcfarmer for awhile. I appreciate everyone's advice and knowledge on this forum so much, that I figured I should contribute my experiences as well. A little bit about my history with medical marijuana growing...This is my 6th grow, 2nd one in soil. Always been a huge fan of the cleanliness, efficiency and precision involved in hydro, but my new budget/residency does not allow me to do so. However, I love the taste of bud grown in dirt, so I can't say that I'm upset :) In the past I have grown: Arcata Trainwreck, White Widow, NYC Diesel, Hindu Kush, Lamb's Bread, Casey Jones, Bubba Kush, and Super Silver Haze. Another note...All of my previous grows were in a 20x20 room with 2400 watts (HUGE difference compared to now). I've used Advanced Nutrients, General Hydro, Botanicare, and Humboldt Nutrients...but never done the ever so infamous "Fox Farm Nutrients". The room was divided in half, in which I had perpetual harvests going on. Every 8 weeks I would be locked up in my room...trimming for hours. It was an extremely fun, easy-going hobby, but the risk involved was not worth the reward :) But enough about my history...let's jump into what's goin on now.

Current Equipment:
Hydrofarm Daystar AC Hood
400 Watt HPS Lumatek Digi Ballast and Bulb
Hydrofarm 6 inch Booster Fan/Exhaust Fan
4 inch Axial Intake Fan
Roots Organics Soil in 15 gallon pots (way overkill)

Veg Nutrients:
Fox Farm Grow Big
Fox Farm Big Bloom
Fox Farm Open Sesame (for last week of veg)
House and Garden Roots XL
Molasses
Silica Blast

Strains:
2 Santa Cruz Kush that are 2 weeks older than the rest. (harborside collective)
1 Skywalker OG Kush (the green cross)
2 God's Gift (the green cross)
1 UK Cheese (grass roots)

So I'm a little bit late getting started on this online journal. I'm in my last week of veg (been about 4 weeks), but have been keeping a hard copy of a journal since day 1. So far, everything has been extremely smooth. No signs of stress from the LST/Topping and no bugs. I have just started seeing a tiny, tiny bit of powdery mildew (scares the shit outta me everytime), so I went out and bought this nice little product made by SaferGro, called, Mildew Cure. Since I noticed the mildew (last week) I have been spraying with 9 parts water, 1 part milk. Unfortunately, I don't feel 100% positive that the milk spray is going to work, so I went to my trusty hydro store and talked to them. They highly recommended the mildew cure (since I denied the serenade), so I thought I'd try it out.

Other than the PM, no hiccups what-so-ever. My temps have been ranging from about 68-78 and RH is 50-60%. I have a sensor for my digi thermometer that is about 4" away from the light, 6" away from the tops of my plants. Everything is really good.

I'm going to flip the lovely ladies over to flowering on Sunday night. What a perfect time for you all to start following along, eh? I'll post some pics of the babes (later tonight when I have time to downside them), along with captions that'll let you know how old they are. Thanks for reading dudes, peace to all :smoke

This grow is looking rad.

A lot of people have been asking me about Fox Farm and I don't know what to tell them. I'll watch this grow to give them advice.

I only use Advanced Nutrients, but it's always fun to watch grows in progress - no matter what the nutes are. The better the grow, the better these are to watch.

T

Triz

This grow is looking rad.

A lot of people have been asking me about Fox Farm and I don't know what to tell them. I'll watch this grow to give them advice.

I only use Advanced Nutrients, but it's always fun to watch grows in progress - no matter what the nutes are. The better the grow, the better these are to watch.

Thanks a lot man, I appreciate you checking it out. Advanced Nutes are really good nutrients. I used Sensi and Connoisseur on my old hydro grows, got some serrrriously huge buds. Only downfall is, they're really expensive :dull Today, I made another run to the store to buy some new toys/goodies. I've got a lot of free time this evening, so I'll update with some solo shots of the ladies as well :sun

BakedasBeans

BakedasBeans

Looking great man! Ill definitely be along for the ride! Cant wait to see these ladies grow up :passingjoint:

T

Triz

Alright, so today was a pretty productive day inside and outside of the garden. Woke up pretty early and decided to visit my local hydro shop. Had plans on buying a digital pH pen, but was convinced by one of the workers that I should go with a soil tester first. SOOO, I ended up buying a new bulb, the tester, and some pH up/down. I really like the new Ushio Bulb, it's got a little more reds and blues than some of the previous 400w bulbs I've used in the past. Came home and checked the pH on all the ladies. All 5 of them were exactly the same (6.2-6.5), except for the UK cheese (5.6-5.8). As I was taking the plants out of my closet to trim them, I noticed that the Cheese was significantly heavier than the rest...meaning, that it's drinking slower than the others. Other than the pH problem, everything still looks pretty solid. No signs of burn or bugs...although the powder mold is starting to worsen on the SC Kush. I'm guessing it's due to the density of the plant because the other plants seem to be fighting it well. I thinned out the SC Kush's pretty heavy and also slightly trimmed the rest. Watered them up with a solid line up of nutes, hooked up my new Ushio bulb, vacuumed the closet, and now I think it's time to use the :RastaBong:

Cheese before trim
Cheese6.jpg

pH of Cheese
CheesePh.jpg

After
CheesePostTrim1.jpg

SW OG before
SkywalkerOG.jpg

After
SkywalkerOGPostTrim.jpg

SC OG #1 before
SCOG1.jpg

After
SCOG1PostTrim.jpg

SC OG #2 before
SCOG2.jpg

After
SCOG2PostTrim.jpg

PM on the SC OG
PM.jpg

God's Gift #1
GodsGift1.jpg

God's Gift #2
GodsGift2.jpg

New Bulb
HPS.jpg
HPSInfo.jpg

Have a good night everyone :smiley_joint:

lazarus718

lazarus718

That's some bad a$$ sh*t man!!! You got me hooked, SUB'D, and sinkin' buddy!
:icon_animal26:

T

Triz

Sorry guys, I know it has been a few weeks since I've updated, but I return to you with some good news and pictures :pimp: First of all, I would like to give a shout out to the Giants for their first World Series victory in SF!:banana1sv6: The whole city was insane. Working at the bar definitely was the best place to be (for financial and social reasons). I think there were a little over 500,000 people at the parade last week, it was absolutely nuts. It was really cool to see the city so happy, I've never really been in the heart of a city that wins a championship. But now that the series is over, it's time to get back into gear and do some work.

Today marks 15 days into the flowering period and I'm starting to see little buds forming. The foilage is getting really dense and I am debating whether to thin it out or not. The UK Cheese looked really bad a couple days ago. The leaves had curled under and a brown, rusty color was spreading towards the top. I could tell that I had over watered it, possibly burned it too. The Cheese isn't drinking as quickly as the rest of the plants. I'm wondering if it is the strain itself? Anyways, it's been about a week since I watered it and it's starting to bounce back.

My flowering nutes at the moment are: grow big, big bloom, tiger bloom, beastie bloomz, silica blast, and molasses. I stopped using the Roots XL because the density of the soil is pretty ridiculous. It takes me a good 15-20 minutes to water 6 plants, mainly due to the amount of roots built up in the pots. I highly, highly recommend Roots XL to any grower who does not wield its power. The price tag looks awfully intimidating, but I guarantee you that it will be the most effective product you've ever purchased.

As I was pulling out the ladies yesterday, I noticed that the powdery mildew on the SC Kush it getting more pronounced on the lower leaves. I've been spraying them with the Mildew Cure every 5 days and other than a few lower leaves, there is no sign of PM. Still, it makes me really nervous to know that the PM spores are floating around my garden. Almost half of my grows have been infected with some amount of PM. My buddy at the hydro shop says that it's the herpes of marijuana cultivating...I would have to agree. Anyways, there's nothing I can do about it but watch my humidity and spray consistently.

Yesterday, I also added another intake fan and built a bridge so that I can raise my light and fan higher. The Skywalker OG is really stretching out and the last thing I want are crispy, foxtailing nugs. It looks a lot cleaner in the closet and the temperature is perfect at the canopy level.

So that's gonna be it for today...I'll post some pics of what the closet looks like right now and I'll also put up some of my old grows. Enjoy.

My first hydro grow. Arcata Trainwreck, White Widow, SSH under 1200 Watts.
100_7385.jpg
100_7392.jpg
100_7395.jpg

Grow #5 Hindu Kush w/ CO2 and 1200 Watts
DSC_0109.jpg
DSC_0087.jpg

Day 15 of Flowering. Current Grow.
IMG_14711.jpg
IMG_1474.jpg

S

Sense I. Milla

Great thread Triz!

Sorry about the PM. Good call on getting another intake too.

Sub'd and watching, looks like I'm just in time too.

T

Triz

Hey dudes,

I've got some good news and bad news today. Good news first...4 out of the 6 plants look great. The God's Gift is starting to smell really purpley/grapey, the Cheese is smelling like..err..cheese, and the Skywalker OG is by far my best looking plant. I started seeing what I thought was a calcium deficiency, so I started hitting the ladies with CalMag. This is where my bad news comes into effect. I watered them with my usual lineup of nutes + the CalMag 2 days ago. Yesterday, I sprayed them with the Mildew spray and everything looked fine. This morning, I woke up and the 2 SC Kush's looked absolutely awful. The leaves were twisting, crinkling, and wrinkled out of control. It also smelt somewhat like hay in the room. Weird, right? So I took them outside, took some pictures for you guys, and flushed the shit outta them. I'm still not completely sure what the problem is, but I've narrowed it down to a few things (by the way, temps are 76F, rh is 47%, and pH is 6.5):
1) Calcium overdose. I say this because calcium ions are released from the roots over night. This would explain the all of a sudden attack. However, I feel like if it was an actual fert overdose, the leaves would be burnt, not twisted?
2) Powder Mold. The powder is only on a few of the SC Kush's leaves and stems. I'd say 5% of the plant is covered with the actual powder. It is also the only plant showing signs of infection. On the other hand, I've dealt with PM before and sometimes it can suddenly suck the life out of a plant. Not usually over night, but who knows?
3) Root Drown. I watered the SC Kush's heavier than I usually do. The retainers were almost overflowing and I was too stoned to empty them out :anim_10: I've drowned plants before and usually they wilt, not curl. But...I'm thinking some rot might've developed or they're just suffocating. Also, the SC Kush's soil is BY FAR the most dense. Would being pot bound cause this sort of twisting?

So, if any of you experts could give me some feedback I'd really appreciate it. Nothing worse than having to stress bout your plants ;(

Some pics:
SC Kush's last week
SCKush.jpg

SCKushUnder.jpg

SC Kush's today
SC2Twist.jpg

SCTwist.jpg

SCLeafTwist.jpg

SCLeafTwist2.jpg

Skywalker OG
SWOGOutdoor.jpg

SWOGBud.jpg

S

sketchy d

hey man i'm growing the same cut as your skywalker og. got it from tgc as well. i have been having trouble with the powdery mildew as well. i think its highly susceptible. because my humidity is 30- 40.. not extremely high..

glad to hear that she seems to be the keeper, her pics before you flowered her look exactly like girls. I just switched to 12/12 today, and thinned em out exactly like you did, that PM really attacks at the lower branches..

i'm over at ic mag so i dont really post in this forum much but was looking for other people growing this skywalker cut... do you know how long she runs in flower?

Top Bottom