400 watt HPS and 400 watt MH for flower

• Thread starter bigAl25
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bigAl25

Will I see any growth advantage if I also light up my older 400 watt MH lamp while I am using my new 400 Watt HPS during flower. I have AK-48, Bubblecious, Snow White, and Blue Mystic lined up for my next grow. My HPS will be on a new digital balast, MY old 400 watt MH has a magnetic ballast. I thought using both for flower would help dense up the buds and increase resin production. Anyone done this type of approach for their own grows. Basement under stairs grow so temps are no problem. Organic soil, fan and carbon filter/fan deal will be used. Read the Ak-48 stinks up the place. Damn is that 800 watts for flower?

R

Rolln J

more light and a broader spectrum are usually a good thing!

W

webeblzr

I love a blend myself. I usually use the hps as a stronger source and my mh about 1/2 of that. But this in no way is the only way, many many ways to get bud!!

true grit

true grit

If I'm not mistaken, supposedly and logically, the extra blue spectrum during flower will alter the terpene production. For example, that will affect resin production, taste, smell and possibly bud size. Like Rollin J said, nothing wrong with more light and could only see benefits from more light (regardless of spectrum) if you can keep it cooling the same. Good luck!

B

Bluebud

Your almost doubling your lumens per square foot. Obviously it will help you a lot.

dequelo

dequelo

I love to grow with 400 watters I like to use 2 - 400 watt MH and 1 - 400 watt HPS

for veg then go with 2- 400 watt HPS and 1- 400 watt MH for flower in a 4 foot x 8 foot box I use

if you keep your plants on the shorter side you can grow lots and lots buds

will it give you more buds by doubling your wattage even with an older bulb ?

yes, if you can use the extra light

all the best and be safe

Dequelo

Top Bottom