4th Grow and this one is tricky - Looking for a Sativa Captain - All help is welcome

• Thread starter flexx123
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

flexx123

Strain: unknown bagseed Sativa Strain
Tent Size: 24in X 24in X 63in - 60cm X 60cm X 160cm -
Light: 250 Watt HPS
Nutrients: Atami B'cuzz Line
PH 6.0
Day Temp: 82 fahrenheit / 28 celcius
Night Temp: 75 fahrenheit / 24 celcius
Number of Main Colas: 24
Total Veg Time: 10 weeks
12/12 Flip on June 19th
Currently Day 40 flower

Question 1: How is she looking?
Question 2: Can anyone with experience with growing Sativa strains provide a guesstimate regarding time-till-harvest

Open to any feedback and suggestions?

Thank you all! Happy growing!!

4th grow and this one is tricky   looking for a sativa captain   all help is welcome
4th grow and this one is tricky   looking for a sativa captain   all help is welcome 2
4th grow and this one is tricky   looking for a sativa captain   all help is welcome 3
4th grow and this one is tricky   looking for a sativa captain   all help is welcome 4
4th grow and this one is tricky   looking for a sativa captain   all help is welcome 5
4th grow and this one is tricky   looking for a sativa captain   all help is welcome 6
4th grow and this one is tricky   looking for a sativa captain   all help is welcome 7
4th grow and this one is tricky   looking for a sativa captain   all help is welcome 8
4th grow and this one is tricky   looking for a sativa captain   all help is welcome 9
4th grow and this one is tricky   looking for a sativa captain   all help is welcome 10
Ace9137

Ace9137

She is fine, I would keep the nutes low. Did you need to go to a 11/13 light schedule? I would guess you have another 40 to 60 days left, not knowing what strain makes it a hard guess. 6.0 for ph is interesting. I would keep going the way you are.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
You have a long way to go. Sativa's can take 12 weeks or more, depending on strain and lighting effects. I have found that adding a good bit of blue light, along with HPS, tends to shorten their finishing date, but other than the typical yellowing of the bottom fan leaves, there aren't many concrete signs. The color change in the fan leaves is my main sign, but too much or too little nitrogen can cause that to be unreliable sometimes. The buds keep getting longer on Sativa's, and when they are finished fully, they get fatter and "greasy" feeling, as well as they start to grow single lobed leaves at the tips of the colas/larger buds... sometimes growing a little nipple at the end of the bud. To me, Sativas were like trees in the fall. The leaves change color and many or most fall off when the buds are pretty much ready. Look for color changes in the buds too. some may turn purplish depending on the strain and growing temps.
I would estimate that your plants should be finished fully in late September, but this is only an estimate, since a bunch of factors can influence the finish. I've been growing Sativas for 30 years or so, and they are a little different than Indica's. Keep up the good work! FWIW, if you wanted, a small 50 watt LED full spectrum light would probably help out your entire grow. HPS alone for flowering is great, but I recently read some research indicating that blue light can increase THC levels. I initially thought it was BS, but the science and research seemed pretty solid. I added a 10K MH this season and the plants finished considerably faster than in previous grows using the same strain and methods. Hope this helps... drop a line if you need more advice... I wouldn't call it help, yet! :)

F

flexx123

She is fine, I would keep the nutes low. Did you need to go to a 11/13 light schedule? I would guess you have another 40 to 60 days left, not knowing what strain makes it a hard guess. 6.0 for ph is interesting. I would keep going the way you are.
She Vegged outdoors and I had to flip her day/night cycle for Indoor flower, which I did over a period of several days utilising a 10/18 cycle.

F

flexx123

Two weeks have passed since the last update and the buds don't seem to be filling up.
I'm worried she might have re-vegged at some point and despite not detecting pollen sacks or bananas, I'm concerned she's ruined.

What do you think?

WhatsApp Image 2019 08 11 at 2224081
WhatsApp Image 2019 08 11 at 2224081

WhatsApp Image 2019 08 11 at 222408
WhatsApp Image 2019 08 11 at 222407
WhatsApp Image 2019 08 11 at 222406
WhatsApp Image 2019 08 11 at 222405
WhatsApp Image 2019 08 11 at 222404

WhatsApp Image 2019 08 11 at 2224082
F

flexx123

You have a long way to go. Sativa's can take 12 weeks or more, depending on strain and lighting effects. I have found that adding a good bit of blue light, along with HPS, tends to shorten their finishing date, but other than the typical yellowing of the bottom fan leaves, there aren't many concrete signs. The color change in the fan leaves is my main sign, but too much or too little nitrogen can cause that to be unreliable sometimes. The buds keep getting longer on Sativa's, and when they are finished fully, they get fatter and "greasy" feeling, as well as they start to grow single lobed leaves at the tips of the colas/larger buds... sometimes growing a little nipple at the end of the bud. To me, Sativas were like trees in the fall. The leaves change color and many or most fall off when the buds are pretty much ready. Look for color changes in the buds too. some may turn purplish depending on the strain and growing temps.
I would estimate that your plants should be finished fully in late September, but this is only an estimate, since a bunch of factors can influence the finish. I've been growing Sativas for 30 years or so, and they are a little different than Indica's. Keep up the good work! FWIW, if you wanted, a small 50 watt LED full spectrum light would probably help out your entire grow. HPS alone for flowering is great, but I recently read some research indicating that blue light can increase THC levels. I initially thought it was BS, but the science and research seemed pretty solid. I added a 10K MH this season and the plants finished considerably faster than in previous grows using the same strain and methods. Hope this helps... drop a line if you need more advice... I wouldn't call it help, yet! :)
Can you provide an update regarding the newly uploaded pics?

F

flexx123

Hey can you provide an update regarding the newly updated pics? I'm worried she's ruined

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
How long has it been flowering? Sativa's take a long time to mature and do most of their "thickening" at the end of their flowering... usually around 12 weeks or so. You seem like your plant is growing great, but remember that Sativa doesn't get the big hard nuggets, but instead get longer and less dense buds. This could partially explain what you are seeing, but they appear to be actively flowering and aren't showing signs of leaf yellowing, which is usually seen in Sativa plants if they aren't being fed too much nitrogen.
They look pretty nice to me, but see how many weeks it has been flowering and if it is longer than 12 weeks, then I'd cut back on the nitrogen a little and see if it triggers it to thicken up a little.

F

flexx123

How long has it been flowering? Sativa's take a long time to mature and do most of their "thickening" at the end of their flowering... usually around 12 weeks or so. You seem like your plant is growing great, but remember that Sativa doesn't get the big hard nuggets, but instead get longer and less dense buds. This could partially explain what you are seeing, but they appear to be actively flowering and aren't showing signs of leaf yellowing, which is usually seen in Sativa plants if they aren't being fed too much nitrogen.
They look pretty nice to me, but see how many weeks it has been flowering and if it is longer than 12 weeks, then I'd cut back on the nitrogen a little and see if it triggers it to thicken up a little.

She was flipped on the 19th of June which currently marks her 8th week of flower, 54 days to be precise.
Regarding the nitrogen, i added 300 or so grams of ground coffee while she was vegging but that was during in May. Other than that I am following the guidelines of the nutrient set

Dasnip

Dasnip

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I usually take the nutrient maker's recommendations with a grain of salt, since they make more money the more product is being used. You still have a ways to go before they are done, but I would say that you are on course and should see them fatten up over the next few weeks. I would consider lowering the nitrogen content a little, which should trigger the plants to start using the nutrients stored in the larger fan leaves, which typically start to yellow from the bottom up. When my plants are finished flowering, the vast majority of the leaves have yellowed and fallen. Not every grower follows this process, though and you will need to decide what you would like to do, or not do. This is what makes everyone's grow different. Just little changes can make big differences down the road!

Top Bottom