4'x4' Flood Table

• Thread starter EatPizza
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EatPizza

EatPizza

Hey all!

How many flowering plants can i fit under one 1000w light in a 4x4 flood table?

I'm germinating some indica seeds.

I'd like to use 6x6 rockwool cubes for one table and hydroton or coco in 3 gallon smart pots for my second table.

I'm doing ebb and flow.

Thanks yall!

N

noone88

A true 4x4 (botanicare ID 4x4) can fit 63 (minus 1 for the drain fittings). However that's a "sog" style of grow and you want to keep your plants small or they will stretch vertically by an insane amount.

Most of us are doing between 9-16 plants per 4x4. 4-6 if you veg them big. 20-24 if you're looking to increase yield.

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

The rule/suggestion I've always heard is 1 plant per square foot. 4x4=16sqft 16 plants. If that helps.
See this is what i thought too. I just had a guy that owns a grow shop tell me that my 6 plants was too many for my 4x4 table in my 5x5 tent.

Ponky

Ponky

I never do more than 4. 4 bigger plants I find preferable. For trimming. And ease of maintenance. Root to canopy ratio.

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

I never do more than 4. 4 bigger plants I find preferable. For trimming. And ease of maintenance. Root to canopy ratio.
Im licensed to grow 6. I hate to not be able to grow what i can legally. I only have so much room in my tent. If i get them to big in veg they would be in my light.

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

Do you top the plants? Or just let them grow? Low wide plants I find to work best in a tent.
My first grow. I think i topped them right. Im gonna do way better next time though and be on tip of it. So hard to figure a way to lst the plants with an open table under it. Nothing to tie to. Any thoughts? 36 inches from lights right now

20210522 142204
Ponky

Ponky

My first grow. I think i topped them right. Im gonna do way better next time though and be on tip of it. So hard to figure a way to lst the plants with an open table under it. Nothing to tie to. Any thoughts? 36 inches from lights right now
Well for anchoring I would get some pipe cleaners or garden wire. And make some anchor points. Help you lay those arms flat. And keep those tops trimmed off. Get it nice and wide. Go 12/12 about a week after you are done topping. Then the day you go 12/12 defolaite the lower portions. And at around day 18 to 21 of (12/12) I would give one final round of defoliation. Taking off most of the leaves.
Do you pre treat for pests and fungus? For example I give mine 3 in 1 once a week until week 3. I find they like it. And it keeps problems away.

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

Well for anchoring I would get some pipe cleaners or garden wire. And make some anchor points. Help you lay those arms flat. And keep those tops trimmed off. Get it nice and wide. Go 12/12 about a week after you are done topping. Then the day you go 12/12 defolaite the lower portions. And at around day 18 to 21 of (12/12) I would give one final round of defoliation. Taking off most of the leaves.
Do you pre treat for pests and fungus? For example I give mine 3 in 1 once a week until week 3. I find they like it. And it keeps problems away.
I do 34% h202. Dilluted. Every 3 days. I dont have anything to tie the plant ties to. I can do the outside. But not the inside. What do i do there?

Ponky

Ponky

I do 34% h202. Dilluted. Every 3 days. I dont have anything to tie the plant ties to. I can do the outside. But not the inside. What do i do there?
If you can get a bag of binder clips and put them around the outside you could have some anchor points. For the inside you could get a few pieces of wood. Put them between the rows with some garden wire pre attached. And use them to anchor to. Or maybe some tomato cages. Once they're lollipoped and defoliated it will be a lot easier to tie the arms down. You could even use a bungee cord up the middle. And tie a bunch of pipe cleaners or garden wire to it. And that should do the trick too. Low. Wide. Lots of air flow. And less leaves. And get rid of the shadows. And keep the pests and fungus away. Those should be real nice. First few times I defoliated I though I killed the things. But it turned out to be my best move.

Ponky

Ponky

Also the reason I recommend safers 3 in 1 as a preventative is that is Sulphur in it and I swear my plants like it. Like it nourishes them. And when I skimp on it I get pm or bud rot. And when I'm generous with it I have no problems. And that safers defender powder is no good for cannabis. The pre mixed 3 in 1 only. If you use that brand. If you've never had fungus and aren't in a risky climate you might not need any sort of treatment. Stuff only works on bugs if you don't have any yet.

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

If you can get a bag of binder clips and put them around the outside you could have some anchor points. For the inside you could get a few pieces of wood. Put them between the rows with some garden wire pre attached. And use them to anchor to. Or maybe some tomato cages. Once they're lollipoped and defoliated it will be a lot easier to tie the arms down. You could even use a bungee cord up the middle. And tie a bunch of pipe cleaners or garden wire to it. And that should do the trick too. Low. Wide. Lots of air flow. And less leaves. And get rid of the shadows. And keep the pests and fungus away. Those should be real nice. First few times I defoliated I though I killed the things. But it turned out to be my best move.
Bungee cords. Thats perfect. Thanks! Your a frickin life saver. I know that will work for sure!

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

Bungees worked really good to tie the hemp twine to. Thanks @Ponky
It doesn't look like it did much. But some of those branches are sideways

Arya

Arya

Hey all!

How many flowering plants can i fit under one 1000w light in a 4x4 flood table?

I'm germinating some indica seeds.

I'd like to use 6x6 rockwool cubes for one table and hydroton or coco in 3 gallon smart pots for my second table.

I'm doing ebb and flow.

Thanks yall!
I'm running 4x4 tent 6 plants (smart pots) hand watering soil (light mix) here are pics of them in 2,5 week into flower.hop it helps

Scrogger2190

Scrogger2190

Do you have a separate veg space? If not I would do 4 to 16 depending on how quick you want to fill the space out. With separate veg space if you do a 2 month veg while your room is flowering I cant veg more than 2 for 2 months without them being too big for the space. Main thing is figure out your allotted veg time and go from there

XxHammer

XxHammer

I'm running 4x4 tent 6 plants (smart pots) hand watering soil (light mix) here are pics of them in 2,5 week into flower.hop it helps

I have a 3x3 and have 4 plants... its a tight fit.

In a 4x4, I would do 6 max but that's me. I am on my 1st grow also so less plants to maintain is a little easier than having 12+ plants

Top Bottom