4x4 tent 1/2 per plant what lights to add

• Thread starter Airbud379
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Airbud379

Airbud379

This reads like what I was about in my high school days. micro grows with CFLs, no climate control, just after something better than the brick weed I was getting my seeds from. Impressive to pull a full pound from them, nonetheless.

Yes, that's a blurple and while you've done some incredible training on that plant, I don't think you're going to hit the numbers you think you are simply due to the astronomical stress you've put that plant through. It looks like sticks with growth tips on it. Not sure you have a position to speak in this conversation.

Now for my turn in giving unwarranted input. I don't buy into the true watts = output when it comes to LED. There, someone had to say it. It's not in the same ballpark, it's not even the same fucking game as HID. I'm running right under 600 true watts in my 4x4, and with two plants, am estimating I'll hit 1.5lb this harvest. 1.5 is optimistic, but had I been more on point with the training, and various other mistakes, two pounds would've been almost achievable, probably shy about an ounce. 900 true watts in a tent? I'd just run a 1k HPS and call it a day. You're not saving any money at that point.
As far as saving money, are you referring to the fact that a tsw & cre crob cost more electrically than a HPS, because I already have the tsw, so I’d just try to add another LED until I get money for a HPS.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
I didn’t think that was good fam. You just did what I was talking about, if you fully read it. People were talking ish about it and it was bag seed weed that was just to see what was possible with the bare minimum…. I used that as an example that I’m not there anymore and anything’s possible. No offense but is this your first time giving advice?
I never gave you advise AB, nor will I. More a general comment.
good luck your future endeavours.👍

Miiikke

Miiikke

As far as saving money, are you referring to the fact that a tsw & cre crob cost more electrically than a HPS, because I already have the tsw, so I’d just try to add another LED until I get money for a HPS.
Yeah, its been cheaper for me to add in leds as I go then to have invested in the beginning in something else. Now Im trying to figure this “blurple” thing out? Do people hate the spectrum, are they less reliable per “true” watt🤔idk 🤯😂

Miiikke

Miiikke

Yeah, its been cheaper for me to add in leds as I go then to have invested in the beginning in something else. Now Im trying to figure this “blurple” thing out? Do people hate the spectrum, are they less reliable per “true” watt🤔idk 🤯😂

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
2 lbs from 4 plants in a 4x4 is a pretty high goal. Very few very experienced growers can do so. Best of luck.
It's ambitius alright but definitely not impossible, personally I would look at another of the same Mars Hydro lights or maybe two TS1000 for more flexibility between tent arrangements.

thcoso

thcoso

It's ambitius alright but definitely not impossible, personally I would look at another of the same Mars Hydro lights or maybe two TS1000 for more flexibility between tent arrangements.
I said the same thing. I use a TS3000 and a SP150 (both mars) in my 5x5 and its just right for my 8 plants. However when I just had the TS3000, once they covered the entire floor space, the ones on the outer edge were struggling on their outer parts. Once I moved the TS3000 over and added the SP150 on the side, it did the trick.

IanGrowSom

IanGrowSom

I’m looking to grow 4 plants at least 1/2lbs each in a 4x4 grow tent. I already know about genetics, training methods and other assortments to maximize yields. I currently have a Mars hydro TSW2000 @300W and wanted to know what lights can be added, amount of watts, spectrums, etc to tent for it to achieve that
Thats a neat setup you got there. Like they say, if it aint broke, dont fix it. in the case you would like to change lights though, I would recommend the iL8x 670W. Covers the whole spectrum of light and is dimmable for you to adjust, check it out!

Top Bottom