4x4 tent 1/2 per plant what lights to add

• Thread starter Airbud379
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Airbud379

Airbud379

No! good leds are more efficient than mh or hps. Shitty blurple work, but you ain't gonna get 2lbs off 4 plants in a 4 x 4. At least not on my scale - trim and larf is compost. 600w good led or 1000w hps will get it done.
So then instead of knocking the suggestion down, how about refer some "good" LED’s with prices

Miiikke

Miiikke

Trust me, I made a pound of weed off of 13 plants and cheap Walmart CFL’s and no climate control at all. Even made a YouTube series and was told repeatedly that it was the worst set up in the world(which it was y’all should check it out just to see). But yes, anything is possible and I’m here for the thrill and learning experience. Thanks for all the help.
Nicely said! Whats the youtube video?

Miiikke

Miiikke

Trust me, I made a pound of weed off of 13 plants and cheap Walmart CFL’s and no climate control at all. Even made a YouTube series and was told repeatedly that it was the worst set up in the world(which it was y’all should check it out just to see). But yes, anything is possible and I’m here for the thrill and learning experience. Thanks for all the help.
Is this bad? I think thats what I meant, true led watts are true watts right? is one type of led better then the other? I thought led was the type lol. I just went by true watts and best price and thought the red, blue, and green would be beneficial from the color spectrum? This is “blurple” right?

B5A300FC 0BCE 420E 8D52 7DD19F67E8FF
Last edited:
Miiikke

Miiikke

I think you will need 600w..i grew 2 under 6/750 at 600 to get 1p .vegged for 8 weeks though...
Nice, Im at 11 weeks of veg now on one plant. I may go 16 weeks with around 800 to 960 watts for flower.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
No offence. But this is your first thread?
A meagre lb off 13 plants? I’m sure we’re all dying to watch how you pulled that off. I typically pull that off 2 or maybe 3 plants.
I could get a lb off 13 plants growing in my window.
like I said. No offence. Just concerned you think that’s good.

Miiikke

Miiikke

A meagre lb off 13 plants? I’m sure we’re all dying to watch how you pulled that off. I typically pull that off 2 or maybe 3 plants.
Thats true lol, but he got a lb his first grow, he just used insurance! 🤷🏻‍♂️🙌🏼 Was it good atleast Airbud?

tobh

tobh

Supporter
This reads like what I was about in my high school days. micro grows with CFLs, no climate control, just after something better than the brick weed I was getting my seeds from. Impressive to pull a full pound from them, nonetheless.

Is this bad? I think thats what I meant, true led watts are true watts right? is one type of led better then the other? I thought led was the type lol. I just went by true watts and best price and thought the red, blue, and green would be beneficial from the color spectrum? This is “blurple” right?
Yes, that's a blurple and while you've done some incredible training on that plant, I don't think you're going to hit the numbers you think you are simply due to the astronomical stress you've put that plant through. It looks like sticks with growth tips on it. Not sure you have a position to speak in this conversation.

Now for my turn in giving unwarranted input. I don't buy into the true watts = output when it comes to LED. There, someone had to say it. It's not in the same ballpark, it's not even the same fucking game as HID. I'm running right under 600 true watts in my 4x4, and with two plants, am estimating I'll hit 1.5lb this harvest. 1.5 is optimistic, but had I been more on point with the training, and various other mistakes, two pounds would've been almost achievable, probably shy about an ounce. 900 true watts in a tent? I'd just run a 1k HPS and call it a day. You're not saving any money at that point.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Hope your not in the bottle again tobh. I could read your posts for days.
agree With ya tho. I’m guessing my 4x4 with 450watts will pull close to 2 lbs this run. And that’s 4 plants, vegged for 7.5 weeks, and not big yielding strains.

couldn’t do that when I ran 600w gavita hps.

Miiikke

Miiikke

More plants doesn't mean anything other than shorter veg times and arguably lower quality buds.
🙌🏼I agree with the first statememt completely but not sure I understand the second one? Why lower quality if they are smaller? I had an autoflower clone one time that was probably the strongest I ever smoked, I think it yeilded about 3 grams lol. But if they try to stick 13 plants together under one unproperly dispersed lights I cam see less quality, multi grows even multi plant scrogs are faster but take more space which means more light for proper quality tho.🤔

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Hope your not in the bottle again tobh. I could read your posts for days.
agree With ya tho. I’m guessing my 4x4 with 450watts will pull close to 2 lbs this run. And that’s 4 plants, vegged for 7.5 weeks, and not big yielding strains.

couldn’t do that when I ran 600w gavita hps.
Not too deep, only two IPAs in. Bit exhausted though, worked my ass off then the kids worked my ass off at the park even more. Just speaking real here. 1/2 per plant, totally doable without big light or plant numbers. People just like to paint this shit like it's something "pro" level players pull off. I'm just a schmuck with a power bill and some sketchy electronics, you know?

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Not too deep, only two IPAs in. Bit exhausted though, worked my ass off then the kids worked my ass off at the park even more. Just speaking real here. 1/2 per plant, totally doable without big light or plant numbers. People just like to paint this shit like it's something "pro" level players pull off. I'm just a schmuck with a power bill and some sketchy electronics, you know?
Word. Give em what they need. Nothing else.

Miiikke

Miiikke

This reads like what I was about in my high school days. micro grows with CFLs, no climate control, just after something better than the brick weed I was getting my seeds from. Impressive to pull a full pound from them, nonetheless.

Yes, that's a blurple and while you've done some incredible training on that plant, I don't think you're going to hit the numbers you think you are simply due to the astronomical stress you've put that plant through. It looks like sticks with growth tips on it. Not sure you have a position to speak in this conversation.

Now for my turn in giving unwarranted input. I don't buy into the true watts = output when it comes to LED. There, someone had to say it. It's not in the same ballpark, it's not even the same fucking game as HID. I'm running right under 600 true watts in my 4x4, and with two plants, am estimating I'll hit 1.5lb this harvest. 1.5 is optimistic, but had I been more on point with the training, and various other mistakes, two pounds would've been almost achievable, probably shy about an ounce. 900 true watts in a tent? I'd just run a 1k HPS and call it a day. You're not saving any money at that point.
Thanks! The question was is the “blurple bad” I think you see sticks with growth tips cause thats ehat they are intended to be witb the heavy defoliation which is imperative in my advanced level of training, ill grow fan leaves before Flower cause I could literally grow hundreds in days at any time. I choose to keep them low because I have teained my plant from a seedling to do so, so unless youve trained sucxessfully at that level then I dont think you ar le warranted to comment on my grow, no offense💁🏻‍♂️ Are my true “blurple” watts true good watts or “shitty” lights. My plant is doing great Im just curious if it will effect bud size or if true led watts are true led watts no matter the color, only to maybe benefit from different sides of the specturm?

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Thanks! The question was is the “blurple bad” I think you see sticks with growth tips cause thats ehat they are intended to be witb the heavy defoliation which is imperative in my advanced level of training, ill grow fan leaves before Flower cause I could literally grow hundreds in days at any time. I choose to keep them low because I have teained my plant from a seedling to do so, so unless youve trained sucxessfully at that level then I dont think you ar le warranted to comment on my grow, no offense💁🏻‍♂️ Are my true “blurple” watts true good watts or “shitty” lights. My plant is doing great Im just curious if it will effect bud size or if true led watts are true led watts no matter the color, only to maybe benefit from different sides of the specturm?
Your grow is fun to watch, as it is different,
I like different, but tobh is right. It doesn’t look happy or healthy, and no matter how much you train you will be left with cola weight only all smashed together.
I thought it was your therapy garden or something. Assumed it was a pet project.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
No offense taken, I need not qualify myself to you. My point still stands, your heavy defoliation "advanced" technique will impact yields. Stress throughout a plant's life impacts yields, not just in the "golden" era of flowering.

That being said, without knowing the spectrum your blurples are providing, one cannot say whether they're good or bad. The visible light spectrum is only a fraction of what is produced by the sun. Blurples are pretty limited as manufacturers tried to produce lights that emit only what they assume the plant needs. The reason blurples have such a bad rep is because they leave out all the grey area in the spectrum, hence full spectrum finally seeing a solid resurgence in adoption.

Are yours bad quality? I cannot say. It looks like an old UFO style light, and those are notorious for not producing to the manufacturer claims. When you get to flower and kick up the numbers I think we can resume our conversation on your advanced training technique.

I'm the first to eat crow when I'm proven wrong. Hell, my day job requires my self-knowledge of what my foot tastes like. Humble me.

Miiikke

Miiikke

Your grow is fun to watch, as it is different,
I like different, but tobh is right. It doesn’t look happy or healthy, and no matter how much you train you will be left with cola weight only all smashed together.
I thought it was your therapy garden or something. Assumed it was a pet project.
Yeah it kinda is lol, it take that challenge tho, ill think ill leave space for fluffy buds and have to grow out whatever foliage I need on the outskirts. We’ll see🤷🏻‍♂️ Yes it is fun tho, and I think we’ll all learn alot for it, if its successfull Ill have a fool proof scrog tho with measurements and directions for guaranteed gain from diy scrog screen and led light. Thanks for your input tho!!🙌🏼

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
The colour of the light has zero affect on bud weight. Just plant shape.

Airbud379

Airbud379

I didn’t think that was good fam. You just did what I was talking about, if you fully read it. People were talking ish about it and it was bag seed weed that was just to see what was possible with the bare minimum…. I used that as an example that I’m not there anymore and anything’s possible. No offense but is this your first time giving advice?

Airbud379

Airbud379

Thats true lol, but he got a lb his first grow, he just used insurance! 🤷🏻‍♂️🙌🏼 Was it good atleast Airbud?
It smoked great. I believe the genetics were very good, given I did nothing else. Also I planted 22 bag seeds and 13 were female. I’d say that’s good probably 😂😂😂

Top Bottom