5 6 month grow   nutes or no nutes
Image0
Image1

Details

• Closet grow
  • Ts-1000 150w light
  • Baby fan
  • No air intake/outtake system, door left open during the day
  • Soil is 50/50 happy frog and ocean forest with 20-30% extra perlite, good portion of dolomite lime and some puffs of diatomaceous earth
  • 7 gallon pot
  • Started seed on 1st of April so 3 months now
  • I understand a grow tent with the appropriate equipment would yield better results, this is what I have to work with right now
  • Have been watering very little, initially once every 2 weeks or more and now maybe once a week or more. Plant doesn't drink much, and I try to let it dry significantly before watering, but still before the leaves drooping from underwatering
I'm a beginner so I have a few questions I hope you can help me out with.

1) Growth has been very slow so my idea was to take my time and give it the chance to develop roots and make the most out of the 7 gallon space the plant has. I am not in a rush to flower and harvest the plant. Is this a good idea?

2) I usually hear that ocean forest runs out of nutes after around a month. This is month 3 and I have only fed with water mixed with great white and molasses and the plant shows no signs of nute deficiency that I can notice. This is my main question, should I just continue organic until the end or add nutes now or when I go into flowering? What is the best way to maximize this plant?

I hear that organic is a much better smoke but then again, I have a less than ideal setup and I don't want to waste so many months of caring for plants to end up diminishing my harvest.

Thanks

elduderito

elduderito

your running a bit hot at 32C - you really want to get the temps lower, especially during flowering (ideal 26c). I think having some sort of extraction may be necessary, or more fans for air circulation....

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Stay organic. Get a bag of Recharge.
That is designed to make your soil last much longer. It's loaded with MBEs. (Microbes, Bacteria, Enzymes)
You have all your plant needs once you add in the Recharge. BUT it will take it between 2 and 6 days to really begin metabolizing the soil well, so get and add it soon.

You need to know 2 things about watering.
1. Pot shape and basics of the water/pot environment: https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/w...ironment-affect-it.126852/page-2#post-2648993
2. How to know when to water: https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/watering-for-soil-growers-only.128941/

Once you get this down, I can give you a basic feed schedule for your organics.

SamRD

SamRD

your running a bit hot at 32C - you really want to get the temps lower, especially during flowering (ideal 26c). I think having some sort of extraction may be necessary, or more fans for air circulation....

It's always lower, max 30C we are going through a ridiculous head wave, it's 44C outside so it's out of control for 2-3 days.

Stay organic. Get a bag of Recharge.
That is designed to make your soil last much longer. It's loaded with MBEs. (Microbes, Bacteria, Enzymes)
You have all your plant needs once you add in the Recharge. BUT it will take it between 2 and 6 days to really begin metabolizing the soil well, so get and add it soon.

You need to know 2 things about watering.
1. Pot shape and basics of the water/pot environment: https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/w...ironment-affect-it.126852/page-2#post-2648993
2. How to know when to water: https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/watering-for-soil-growers-only.128941/

Once you get this down, I can give you a basic feed schedule for your organics.

I bought the recharge. Bit expensive at $65CAD for 8oz but people seem to love it. Thanks for the links, very informative

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

It's always lower, max 30C we are going through a ridiculous head wave, it's 44C outside so it's out of control for 2-3 days.

I bought the recharge. Bit expensive at $65CAD for 8oz but people seem to love it. Thanks for the links, very informative
When you mix it in, your soil will come alive and begin converting it to food for your plants. Just water. You may need to add more soil....

SamRD

SamRD

When you mix it in, your soil will come alive and begin converting it to food for your plants. Just water. You may need to add more soil....

Adding more soil sounds scary, top it up a little with the space that is left or remove soil and add a new batch? Also is unfiltered tap water bad for organic growing? Everyone seems to say yes and that it will kill the recharge organisms but their website says it's ok

Image1

elduderito

elduderito

I think you should have plenty of soil with 7 gallons.... depending on the genetics ( and expected stretch ) you should be switching to 12/12 pretty soon...

SamRD

SamRD

I think you should have plenty of soil with 7 gallons.... depending on the genetics ( and expected stretch ) you should be switching to 12/12 pretty soon...
It's a Canuk Seeds White Widow. I think I'll put it to flowering end of this month

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

LOL. Good morning.
It is always best to use a basic carbon water filter for all your plant needs. Nothing fancy, a simple countertop unit is all you need.

When I said you may need more soil, I meant during the grow. Recharge converts the soil to food. Your soil will slowly disappear as it is eaten by your organic plant.
You will have to add more soil because it's the food. Understand?

SamRD

SamRD

LOL. Good morning.
It is always best to use a basic carbon water filter for all your plant needs. Nothing fancy, a simple countertop unit is all you need.

When I said you may need more soil, I meant during the grow. Recharge converts the soil to food. Your soil will slowly disappear as it is eaten by your organic plant.
You will have to add more soil because it's the food. Understand?

Got it. Good to have people who help here, growing weed is on par with medieval alchemy for me. Can I shift to flowering in a few days or first apply the recharge and wait a while?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Got it. Good to have people who help here, growing weed is on par with medieval alchemy for me. Can I shift to flowering in a few days or first apply the recharge and wait a while?
Put the recharge in and wait a week or so before flipping. Let them grow upwards a couple of inches before you flip.

Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

View attachment 1140279View attachment 1140280View attachment 1140281

Details

• Closet grow
  • Ts-1000 150w light
  • Baby fan
  • No air intake/outtake system, door left open during the day
  • Soil is 50/50 happy frog and ocean forest with 20-30% extra perlite, good portion of dolomite lime and some puffs of diatomaceous earth
  • 7 gallon pot
  • Started seed on 1st of April so 3 months now
  • I understand a grow tent with the appropriate equipment would yield better results, this is what I have to work with right now
  • Have been watering very little, initially once every 2 weeks or more and now maybe once a week or more. Plant doesn't drink much, and I try to let it dry significantly before watering, but still before the leaves drooping from underwatering
I'm a beginner so I have a few questions I hope you can help me out with.

1) Growth has been very slow so my idea was to take my time and give it the chance to develop roots and make the most out of the 7 gallon space the plant has. I am not in a rush to flower and harvest the plant. Is this a good idea?

2) I usually hear that ocean forest runs out of nutes after around a month. This is month 3 and I have only fed with water mixed with great white and molasses and the plant shows no signs of nute deficiency that I can notice. This is my main question, should I just continue organic until the end or add nutes now or when I go into flowering? What is the best way to maximize this plant?

I hear that organic is a much better smoke but then again, I have a less than ideal setup and I don't want to waste so many months of caring for plants to end up diminishing my harvest.

Thanks
I like your pruning, shaping and training. Looks like you have some talent with that. I wish I could do that. If it were my plant I would want to get it growing big time now. You have lots of room, maybe start feeding and get it going, right now it reminds me of some pro growers Mother plant that they keep in slow veg for long periods.
Also 7 gallons is a really good size grow bag but is that bag leather or vinyl? Does it breath? Does the water have a chance to evaporate.

SamRD

SamRD

I like your pruning, shaping and training. Looks like you have some talent with that. I wish I could do that. If it were my plant I would want to get it growing big time now. You have lots of room, maybe start feeding and get it going, right now it reminds me of some pro growers Mother plant that they keep in slow veg for long periods.
Also 7 gallons is a really good size grow bag but is that bag leather or vinyl? Does it breath? Does the water have a chance to evaporate.

Thanks. The technique is called Fluxing, created by LightAddict, here is the link https://www.420magazine.com/communi...o-fluxing-featuring-the-original-flux.208400/ The guy is a god, check this out

DSCN097512

It sounds easy on paper, but for me there was some trial and error until I started getting it right. Those are fabric RhizoPots, they are cheap and very study, excess water flows right through them and the fabric itself dries in 2/3 minutes I like them a lot.

Mrb53

Mrb53

I am a believer in - "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". Your plant looks healthy, 7 gal is OK, beautiful training there...textbook...I only have a few words
I think the light is TOO FAR AWAY...I do not really see any nutrient issues...Photons make photosynthesis which makes the plant use its nutrient source to GROW. More light, bigger plants. Sometimes, heavy training can stunt a plant...let her chill, wait on flipping. If you move the light to around 12-18 inches, you should see growth changes in 3-5 days...Just watch and address the temperature and Rh condition/s as moving the light closer will change them

Top Bottom