5 Days Of Light Rain Incoming... Cover?

• Thread starter Kaskadian
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NHWhites

NHWhites

Oooh damn man. Hopefully she can recover but there isn't much time left in the plants life to fully heal.

Madbud

Madbud

IMG 2634
Kaskadian

Kaskadian

The rain I think could have been dealt with... the high gusts really caused issues. Few trees in my area snapped as well. Neighbors greenhouse had the windows blown out. I was totally unprepared for this.

BudBogart

BudBogart

That branch you have held up with wire...line the wound back in the wounded area it came off of...tape and tie to hold there...your branch can start growing again without a hiccup. At least wrap the bushes with hortenova netting. Cheap, easy, and keeps branches from snapping. Remember...covering won't do anything to stop humidity from being at 100 percent..Id rather have the wind blowing through the leaves. any low spot in your cover will fill with water and that can damage your plants big time. Best of luck

NHWhites

NHWhites

Would it be better to protect my girls from wind/rain at the expense of sunexposure (not like there will be much sun during torrential rains)? Or should I leave te girls out during the day to get soaked and bring them in at night like I have been? I wasn't able to get a structure built this weekend

Madbud

Madbud

Only two plants left, a ripe skunk which is what most have been and a sativa that smells like a freshcut christmas tree that i want to clone to reveg. Risk and reward, and these girls are ripe enough with a wet couple days ahead. My first year, all females, great weather and righteous bud that will easily exceed the 10oz limit here which means plenty of free gifts for friends!

Enforcer

Enforcer

Well, I did ok last night with the wind and rain. My girls got a little wet but dried off quick. I did have to move them to stronger cover though. I didn't think the other one would last another night. How are you guys weathering the storm so far?

IMG 1290
Enforcer

Enforcer

Would it be better to protect my girls from wind/rain at the expense of sunexposure (not like there will be much sun during torrential rains)? Or should I leave te girls out during the day to get soaked and bring them in at night like I have been? I wasn't able to get a structure built this weekend
I would try to keep those buds as dry as possible. Staying dry with indirect light is preferable to direct light and soaked.

Madbud

Madbud

Its getting real, just spotted this on the skunk and the first lil white flies all summer:speechless:

IMG 2646
NHWhites

NHWhites

Damn. I need to check my girls when I get home. Have you had a fan on them?

Enforcer

Enforcer

Here's some pics I just took. I think I'm about two weeks or so out. At this point, I'm just trying to keep them dry and let them finish.

IMG 1291
IMG 1292
IMG 1293
IMG 1294
Kaskadian

Kaskadian

I need to go do a follow up on all my girls today. Days of rain. So far the split plant seems to be doing ok, but we still have a ways to go. No bud rot yet (fingers crossed) but I'm going to get into all the plants today and so some serious checking.

NHWhites

NHWhites

I need to go do a follow up on all my girls today. Days of rain. So far the split plant seems to be doing ok, but we still have a ways to go. No bud rot yet (fingers crossed) but I'm going to get into all the plants today and so some serious checking.
Bring a leaf blower if you can. Shake them off at a minimum

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

I think I may have some bud rot on one plant that got absolutely drenched... ugh... those 5 days of straight rain were brutal. We have 10 days of no rain & some sun coming. You guys think I should try to amputate the infected buds and let the rest finish or chop and not risk the spread?

Chopping now would mean I'm cutting them out 2 weeks early. It's not the end of the world but I know how much buds can fatten up during those last 2 weeks.

I'll post up some pics and try to make sure it's not caterpillar damage. Either result would mean trying to save as much as possible.

Kas

NHWhites

NHWhites

Definitely chop the rotten bud and two inches below. Cut out the rotted part and dry the rest. Monitor everything closely

Top Bottom