5 gallon buckets

• Thread starter sizzahash
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sizzahash

how many 5 gallon buckets will i be able 2 put under a magunum xxxlarge reflector biggest reflector in industry with 1000 watt!!!

S

stone69

Wow man, I dont know... Im a little green myself but good luck, there's alot of good info here....

P

ProGroWannabe

Hook up the light and put the empty buckets under it. That's the way I'd do it anyway.....

D

dank.frank

well...that is a very generic question. How big is your flowering area? How wide are the buckets? Can you divide??? just messing with you.

Since you are talking buckets, I am assuming you are looking into trees....or perhaps a large area under a SCROG? The number of plants would be higher if using a SCROG with an indica dominant strain as they tend to fill in a bit slower...if using a more sativa dominant plant, your screen will fill in faster, so you would need less plants.

If just growing trees or bushes, it would depend on how big/wide you actually let them grow as to how many you should put in a given area.

I suggest....

you decide on how much room you have, and then decide on how many plants to put in there.

dank.Frank

C

cali2

I'd say a 5 by 5 footprint with a really good reflector. You gotta decide how big a plants you wanna grow.If you can find a plant that gets 2 zips a square foot, well do the math. 25 x 2= 50 zips.Lets say the sweet spot is the 4x4 foot print and the outerlying plant dont yeild as well your still pullin good weight. I am doin a experiment with 2 gallon buckets with 12 under a 600. I have a plant that is proven to give me 2 zips per square foot.I'll let you know how it goes. And I'm sure theres alot of plants out there that can do 2 a square foot. The most diffucult part is the logistics of getting allthe plants u need ready at the same time.

D

dank.frank

well, not to be controversial, but 5x5 is only 40w per sq.ft. Sure you can grow under this, and I am sure it would be fine, but is not the intent to make DANK!! Super dense nugs require more concentrated lighting power. I know that the suggest footprint for this light is probably 5x5 or maybe even larger...but I am leaning towards 4x4. This would give you 62.5w per sq ft. and I think would give you a better, denser end product. I personally like to stay above 75w per sq.ft as a rule of thumb....but then again, I think I am going to be known for doing things a bit over the top...so, take anything I say with a grain of salt....lol.

dank.Frank

C

cali2

My personal grow is 4 600's.One row of 3 and another opposite side of room.With the row of three I use 4x9ish square ft. I know the ideal area is 3x3 for a 600 but the outerlying plants in my setup arent noticeablly smaller or whispyer. I dont weigh each plant so mabye they are lighter, but atleast in my case theres always atleast one or two plants that really put out better than the average. Ive been getting the 2 per square ft with my room.(obviously not dead on every time, give or take a zip or two). I havent done bucktets to finsh yet so I guess this is theoretical but I think the 5gal are a foot across the bottom. So you could fit roughly one per sq ft. On the other hand everyone I know grows bushes with the buckets so..... Im tryin one per sq foot in buckets, I dont for see them underperforming so we'll see. Sorry for ramblin,just throwin shit out there! Lol

S

Somnambulist

Technically, as many as will fit I'd guess. ;)

I plan on doing 9 of the 5 gallon buckets (3x3 grid) under the magnum xxxl reflector w/1000w HID in an area a little bit larger than 4'x4', myself. I'm hoping it'll work decent lightwise.

Top Bottom