5 light 4 plant

• Thread starter Max-Juice
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Max-Juice

Quick Q&A Please!

Thanks I do believe preperation is key, ill turn one light on at a time to see how much I can cool, If i can get away with four ill do that and switch one of the outer ones each day, just unplug one ballast and plug in the other. If it seems to be I have to get a bigger a/c that will be the route.

I filled the res almost to the top yesterday (60 Gallons total, 7.5g per bucket x4 and 30 in the res = 250L) and tonight its almost down to the pump...
Need to add the float switch soon.

I have a dechlorinator, should I get a R/O? Tap comes out 60ppm Ph 7.0

I read in the UnderCurrent FAQ they says it optimal to top off with full strength nutes, but doubleds says 1/2 strength, and many others say they like the fresh water coming in, anybody have any input?

I'm thinking about getting Zone or Aquashield as well for a preventative.
Do I need this or the new HydroSparkle (Formerly Hydrofungicide)?
Even with a Chiller? As a prevenative? Is it absolutely necessary?

~Current Phase~ Veg 1 Hps middle of 4 plants, 4 days. 450ppm (It's really like 900ppm since using RE and Algen)

I been cutting back 1/2 on my ppms as usual because what doubleds said about the roots excel and algen making more nutrients available for the plant...I'll go back to normal ppms after week 3.

Ph 6.0- 6.3

Grow A+B
Roots Excel
Algen Extract
Sensizyme.

...It also looks like i have to drill some new wholes in the 4" pvc to move the buckets sidways and extend those hoses. I know 40" centers is not going to cut it so im going to make it 60-66" centers.

I should have some pics within a week. :character0095:

Alright i'm out anyone got some input on above and that would really help me out and improve my decision making process coming up shortly, would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

-Juice (Blank Check) :)

M

Max-Juice

idea?

Could I get 5 8" cool tubes with the chiller & ballasts located outside the room to keep the temps good?

I found a deal for 5 8" cooltubes retail $175 ($875) for $250 for all of them, sick.

What size fan do I need for 5 cool tubes, 1000's, I read on the site they said 3 you need an 8" could I cool all 5 with a 10"?

Could I run 8 lights cool tubed with the 14,000 btu a/c?

Does anybody know how many btus of cooling you need for 1,000s cool tubed, trying to find something online and am getting nothing so far...
hope someone here knows

thanks

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Are you filling your res and then filling it again after the buckets are full? You are supposed to.

Not sure how you are vegging your plants. Would be good to see a pic.

Ditch the cool tube idea and spend your money on a bigger ac. DD says this as well. I cant even imagine crawling around cool tubes.

Your tap water sounds awesome. I would have it tested so you know how much calcium is in it.

Good call on the spacing. I have 48" centers and wish I had a little more for the strain I am running.

Use hydofungicide. Its the best preventative. The key to this system is to never have an issue, not wait til you have something and then try to fix it.

M

Max-Juice

Are you filling your res and then filling it again after the buckets are full? You are supposed to.

Yes.

Not sure how you are vegging your plants. Would be good to see a pic.

2x4 Tray (2x Drip per 6" rockwool in 10" basket in 3g bucket with holes drilled on bottom, under 1kw for 3 weeks, roots coming out the bottoms.

Thanks, cap I will get some *HF*

Plants are huge, good thing this is only a 4 site, I think i'm going to be crawling around in a few...

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
you have no idea...

you will def. be crawling around.

M

Max-Juice

Bout to flip here some pic got the cages on and about to set up 5 cool tubes. I will be able to get my plants closer to the light without getting burnt and reduce the heat in the room to help out

Plants are nice, big and healthy so far.

I'm going to start a new thread, because I want to start out with pictures on the first page as much as possible and continue, since there has been a month with not pics on this thread I am going to discontinue, I will repost in the doubleds section we'll just call this thread the setup, and the next one will be all flowering with weekly updates with pics :animal0012:

peace out enjoy

View attachment 2011-11-12 19.45.54.jpg View attachment 2011-11-13 17.29.32.jpg
2011 11 12 194723
View attachment stalk.jpg
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
are those pictures on the day of flip? If yes, those plants will outgrow the room!

C

canaguy27

are those pictures on the day of flip? If yes, those plants will outgrow the room!

x2 you will have to tie branches back which will block light from getting to the rest of the plant.

Nice to see you back JerryCurl. You going to play nice this time or work on getting banned for a 3rd time? You going to rip off this partner and steal from him like to did to your last partner?

Word of advice, Replace what you took.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
LOL canna guy.

If that's the case then karma will be served. Those plants are way too big at flip.

Wasn't jerry curl the kid who was whining a while back becasue he was going to be homeless bla bla blah etc...

C

canaguy27

LOL canna guy.

If that's the case then karma will be served. Those plants are way too big at flip.

Wasn't jerry curl the kid who was whining a while back becasue he was going to be homeless bla bla blah etc...

yeah that was him. he is wanted down in texas and they came here looking for him. it is only a matter of time. he found a new victim to setup his grow at. notice he won't even come back into this thread.

hopefully he returns what he took and makes peace with that guy. he is not a guy I would want after me. he knows too many people.

edit: JC has contacted the other party and has promised to make things right. please continue with your regularly scheduled thread.

Papa

Papa

Supporter
Max-Juice,

you never started your other thread. what happened here? how did you solve the problems, or was it a crash & burn?

C

canaguy27

I think I scared him off when I called him out for what he did. He has promised to make amends, so we will see if he returns.

I didn't want to be a thread killer, but he needed to know that he must fix the situation he created.

Latest posts

Top Bottom