5 plants growing in the balcony started flowering then moved it inside my studio–no tent or uv lights, how to prevent the smell in the corridor?

• Thread starter rafael86
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rafael86

rafael86

Hello Farmers, this is my second post and I did an extensive research before creating this thread, I found a few answers but the circumstances where people grow are different than mine as I have no artificial lights or tents and most people with the problem was growing in a green house or tent – I am a humble balcony grower.

Long story short: I started on April, 3rd and now my 5 plants are in the week 3-4 of flowering, i did most of the growth outside in my balcony, but now they are super bushy and I want to avoid problems with my neighbours so I decided that my last 6-7 weeks would be inside my studio apartment, they are near the window and they get light for around 12 hours days (I put then in the toilet for 12h in order to force flowering as the days are still a bit long here in the Netherlands, I have only 8-10 hours of darkness and outside in the balcony there is plenty of artificial lights).

Pleas also note that I do not have space for a tent or any complex ventilation system, also, i am not using lights and they are definitely a no go for me – I live in Netherlands and I want to grow in the terms of the law (no artificial lights and no disturbance in the hood).

The plants are entering the week 4 of flowering and the smell is getting quite intense, unfortunately, not everyone likes the green smell like most of us do. And yes, I know, I should think about how to cover the smell of 5 plants before, but I am a pot head and I was a bit excited when buying the seeds and planning the year, so I went full on.

First thing I did when moving then inside was to buy an automatic odor spray but turns out this is just masking the weed odor with a weird chemistry odor and I afraid for how the smell will grow in the last weeks of flowering. I live in a studio and now 4 out 5 plants are inside and i wonder if there is a way to make the odor less dominant without the need of a building up a ventilation system.

After extensive research, I found out about this product ONA gel and I was thinking about putting a bit of it in front of my entrance door, not inside my studio, but in the corridor where I share with my neighbour. I would like that all the odor that go through my entrance door to the corridor to be incognito.

My question is, how effective is ONA gel and (or) is there any other product I could use? How does it smell? is the ONA PRO really neutral? I already now I should not leave it in the tent with the plants, but how about to put inside my studio, that is around 20 square meters? Actually, I would like to mask the odor in the corredor, it is a not problem if the smell stays in my studio.

I realise that when I come back from work I can smell the tress even before I reach my door, so I am really concerned cause I want to keep stealth. I also only smoke in my balcony to avoid any smell inside. My only option is to leave the plants with closed doors in the toilet after 19h (so I can simulate the 12h night), but everyday before 19h my apartment is already smelling like a strains hunters expedition to Himalaya! I am also considering to try to add a glass with vinegar around my studio and some lemon slices.

I have 3 Sywalker Kush (DNA GENETICS, around 00-120 cm), one OG Kush (DNA GENETICS, 80 cm) and one Amnesia (BARNEY`S FARM, 90cm).

I want to thank you already If you had the patience to read the full threat and I will leave a few pics of the balcony with my beautiful ladies and all the schedule I did so far.

Cheers!!

SCHEDULE: (PICTURES BELOW)

Enraizamento
1 – 03.ABRIL.2020: seeds in the water
2 – 10.ABRIL.2020: seeds on earth
3 – 17. ABRIL.2020: Primeira vez DEEP UNDERGROUND (1mL per L)
4 – 24.ABRIL.2020: Segunda vez DEEP UNDERGROUND (1mL per L)
Vegetação
5 – 01.MAIO.2020: Primeira vez TOP VEG (3mL per L)
6 – 03.MAIO: Primeira vez GREEN EXPLOSION (1mL per 0.5 L)
7 – 05.MAIO: Primeira vez BARRIER (0.5mL per L)
8 – 06.MAIO: Primeira troca de vaso: Copinho –> 10 L
Substrato Usado: PLAGRON Bat Guano
9 – 09.MAIO: Terceira vez DEEP UNDERGROUND (1mL per L)
10 – 10.MAIO: Segunda vez BARRIER (0.5mL per L) [DID: 1mL and 2 L for all
11 – 17.MAIO: Segunda vez TOP VEG (1mL per 0.5 L)
12 – 19.MAIO, 21.MAIO and 23.MAIO: Poda apical
13 – 23.MAIO: Spray with GREEN EXPLOSION
14 – 26.MAIO: Terceira vez TOP VEG (2mL per 1 L–250 mL per plant)
15 – 28.MAIO: A bit of DEEP UNDERGROUND
16 – 30.MAIO: Podei [SW #1] e [SW #3]
17 – 31.MAIO: Primeira GREEN EXPLOSION (500 mL per plant)
18 – 09.JUNHO: Quarta vez TOP VEG (4mL per L)
19 – 18.JUNHO: Mudança de vaso 10—>19L (SW#1 e SW#3)
20 – 22.JUNHO: Segunda GREEN EXPLOSION (6mL per 6 L)
21 – 05.JULHO: Quinta vez TOP VEG (3.5mL per 1 L)
22 – 11.JULHO: Terceira Vez GREEN EXPLOSION (2mL per L)
Floração
23 – 18.JULHO: Primeira vez TOP BLOOM
24 – 22.JULHO: Primeira vez BIG ONE ( USAR A CADA 10 DIAS)
25 – 25.JULHO: Segunda vez TOP BLOOM
26 – 31.JULHO: Terceira vez TOP BLOOM (2ml per L)
27 – 04.AGOSTO: Segunda vez BIG ONE (USAR 2x A CADA 10 DIAS)
28 – 07.AGOSTO: Quarta vez TOP BLOOM (3ml per L)
29 – 10.AGOSTO: Segunda vez BIG ONE (USAR A CADA 10 DIAS)
30 – 13.AGOSTO: Quarta vez TOP BLOOM (3ml per L)
31 – 15.AGOSTO: Terceira vez BIG ONE (4ml per L)
32 – 17.AGOSTO: Quinta vez TOP BLOOM
33 – 19.AGOSTO: Quarta vez BIG ONE 20.AGOSTO: BIG ONE (Skywalker #1)
34 – 22.AGOSTO: Terceira vez BARRIER (0.5mL per L)
35 – 23.AGOSTO: Sexta vez TOP BLOOM (4ml per L)
36 – 25.AGOSTO: Sexta vez BIG ONE (3ml per L)
37 – 27.AGOSTO: Sétima vez TOP BLOOM (4ml per L)
38 – 05.SETEMBRO: Quarta vez BARRIER (1ml per L)

UPCOMING:

semana 5 de floração
07.SETEMBRO: TOP BLOOM
10.SETEMBRO: TOP CANDY
12.SETEMBRO: BIG ONE
semana 6 de floração
14.SETEMBRO: TOP CANDY+TOP BLOOM
17.SETEMBRO: BARRIER
19.SETEMBRO: TOP BUD
semana 7 de floração
21.SETEMBRO: TOP CANDY+TOP BLOOM
24.SETEMBRO: BIG ONE
26.SETEMBRO: TOP BUD
semana 8 de floração
28.SETEMBRO: TOP CANDY+TOP BLOOM
01.OUTUBRO: BARRIER
03.OUTUBRO: TOP BUD
se necessário, semana 9 de floração
05.OUTUBRO: TOP CANDY+TOP BLOOM
08.OUTUBRO: BIG ONE
10.OUTUBRO: TOP BUD
se necessário, semana 10 de floração
12.OUTUBRO: FLUSH
15.OUTUBRO: FLUSH
prepare to harvest
17–––22.OUTUBRO: DRY
harvest
3.OUTUBRO: CORTAR TOP BUDS
01.NOVEMBRO: CORTAR RESTANTE
dry
23–––01.OUTUBRO/NOVEMBRO: TOP BUDS
01–––07.NOVEMBRO: RESTANTE
cure
01–––22.OUTUBRO/NOVEMBRO: TOP BUDS
07–––29.NOVEMBRO: RESTANTE

IMAGE: This is the balcony I grow then so far.
IMG 20200807 091300

IMAGE: OG KUSH in the balcony, in her last weeks of vegetative period. I call her little dragon.
IMG 20200815 135419

IMAGE: OG KUSH inside my studio.
IMG 20200827 091623
IMG 20200901 115220

IMG 20200815 135414
IMG 20200815 135423
IMG 20200824 092041
Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Welcome to the farm mate! Unfortunately you're fighting a loosing battle against the smell with that setup. I grow close to neighbors so I understand your dilemma.
The most reasonable thing I can think for you to to is install an exaust fan somewhere in your place powerful enough to create negative pressure in your apartment. If done correctly zero air should escape out into the hall and actually will stream through the cracks in the door frame preventing the smell from escaping. No exp with ona gel sorry but thats because I know covering the smell is a waste of time.
Good luck and great looking plants!

MyGrowYo

MyGrowYo

maybe you can find a cheaper version. Because at that price you could just buy a tent with exhaust fan and carbon filter.
my only other suggestion would be an aromatherapy atomizer with some strong essential oil like tea tree oil. But it’s really a losing battle trying to cover up the smell of fresh bud. I’ve heard burning popcorn in the microwave will completely cover the smell as well.

Top Bottom