5 weeks of flowering, opinions please :)

• Thread starter PurpleHaze420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PurpleHaze420

PurpleHaze420

Hey you Farmer's! πŸ‘¨β€πŸŒΎπŸ˜This is my first grow. It's wss skunk girl. Faminized, mostly indica. 120cm. Under 300 watts Led.
As of 5 weeks she is in flowering. I kept her 8 weeks in veg so all together 13 weeks now. I hope that in next 4 weeks she will be finish?
I have read that untill week 8-9 i must not check trichomes at all because it's too early. 3 weeks ago she had little nitrogen problem and curled leafs but since then i have cut off all nutrients and giving only plain water and she seems to recovering good.
So yeah. Some opinions please would be good! 😊

5 weeks of flowering opinions please
5 weeks of flowering opinions please 2
5 weeks of flowering opinions please 3
5 weeks of flowering opinions please 4
Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

you have done good. just a little more patience. then more patience, after harvest, drying & curing.

ArrEll

ArrEll

Hey you Farmer's! πŸ‘¨β€πŸŒΎπŸ˜This is my first grow. It's wss skunk girl. Faminized, mostly indica. 120cm. Under 300 watts Led.
As of 5 weeks she is in flowering. I kept her 8 weeks in veg so all together 13 weeks now. I hope that in next 4 weeks she will be finish?
I have read that untill week 8-9 i must not check trichomes at all because it's too early. 3 weeks ago she had little nitrogen problem and curled leafs but since then i have cut off all nutrients and giving only plain water and she seems to recovering good.
So yeah. Some opinions please would be good! 😊
Looks good so far. They still have a-ways to go.

Don't do what I did, with my first grow: I pulled mine down too early, because they were taking Forever. They were taking Forever, because I was using a $50 dollar Chinese LED light, which had too much Blue spectrum and was too weak. The resulting buds were "Larfy" and not mature, despite my 3-1/2 month investment in time. OK to smoke, but not Great.
Certainly not as good as they were supposed to be.

I am midway through my second grow. Got a Better light, and the difference is amazing. Better growth, quicker to Flower. I have also gotten over a lot of Rookie mistakes which I made on my first grow. Best wishes.

PurpleHaze420

PurpleHaze420

7 weeks of flowering. She doesn't seems to be soon finish. At least still not for another 2 weeks i would say. Tomorrow my magnifying glass will come by post so i can finally start looking into trichomes.
I also changed lighting from 300 to 400 watts

IMG 20210104 014408
IMG 20210104 002321 1
ArrEll

ArrEll

7 weeks of flowering. She doesn't seems to be soon finish. At least still not for another 2 weeks i would say. Tomorrow my magnifying glass will come by post so i can finally start looking into trichomes.
I also changed lighting from 300 to 400 watts
Still looking good! Depending on the conditions or the Strain of seed, it could take its sweet time, like 8-10 weeks of Flowering (or even more)....especially if it's a Photoperiod. Keep doing what you're doing. I try to buy seeds (Autos) that won't take that long, but that's just me. 20 weeks total, for a Photoperiod plant is to be expected. Definitely keep checking Pistils and Trichomes.

Here's my current Grow: An Autoflowering Purple Kush, at 53 days from seed. Trichomes are just now forming and visible, but it's nowhere near ready. I expect another 3-4 weeks, before it's done (approx. 75 days from seed, is what was promised). It's about twice as thick as my thumb, and firm.

Buds1

This Bud's For You

Bud2

I have a very limited Grow space. This is my Backup plant, I've experimented with fertilizers etc on it. It's only in a 6-inch pot. Wasn't even expected to live, but.....

Last edited:
ArrEll

ArrEll

Still looking good! Depending on the conditions or the Strain of seed, it could take its sweet time, like 8-10 weeks of Flowering (or even more)....especially if it's a Photoperiod. Keep doing what you're doing. I try to buy seeds (Autos) that won't take that long, but that's just me. 20 weeks total, for a Photoperiod plant is to be expected. Definitely keep checking Pistils and Trichomes.

Here's my current Grow: An Autoflowering Purple Kush, at 53 days from seed. Trichomes are just now forming and visible, but it's nowhere near ready. I expect another 3-4 weeks, before it's done (approx. 75 days from seed, is what was promised). It's about twice as thick as my thumb, and firm.

View attachment 1075458
This Bud's For You

View attachment 1075465
I have a very limited Grow space. This is my Backup plant, I've experimented with fertilizers etc on it. It's only in a 6-inch pot. Wasn't even expected to live, but.....
P.S.: I'm New to Growing also....and recently both my Auto plants began dropping their Fan leaves. They Yellowed, and one by one they either fell off, or I'd pull them off. I thought there was something wrong, but I was told by others that "It's Normal".

I do not know, about Photoperiods...if they are different or not. But my Fan leaves began Yellowing, from the bottom up about 3 weeks ago. Now there are hardly any left.

PurpleHaze420

PurpleHaze420

View attachment 1075458
This Bud's For You

View attachment 1075465

Your plant is looking really nice! And because it's auto. I ordered Auto Lemon Haze and expecting to arrive soon. This photo period really tests my patience because it takes soo fucking long! But ok. She will be ready when she feels like it.

Tell me more about your plant.
This grow pot. It's her final?
I see you made little defoliation also.
Isn't that harmful in flowering, especially for Auto?

ArrEll

ArrEll

Your plant is looking really nice! And because it's auto. I ordered Auto Lemon Haze and expecting to arrive soon. This photo period really tests my patience because it takes soo fucking long! But ok. She will be ready when she feels like it.

Tell me more about your plant.
This grow pot. It's her final?
I see you made little defoliation also.
Isn't that harmful in flowering, especially for Auto?
Actually, I made no conscious effort to Defoliate my plants. The fan leaves at the bottom began Yellowing and dropping off. I just plucked them off one by one, as they Yellowed. It was pretty quick; only 10-12 days, and ALL the fan leaves were off it. I was worried & asked someone - they said it was Normal for some plants. It appears they were right, as both plants look like they're devoting all their energies to Bud development with thin Sugar leaves. Could be a Strain thing, I don't know - but I'm taking notes, as I intend to grow this strain again. I bought a dozen of these seeds, and so far I am impressed with the tenacity of this strain.

My Main plant is in a 3-gal Gro Bag. The pictured one above in the 6 in. pot, I took out for the photo but I cannot do the same with the other one (too big & prone to breakage now). A 6" pot certainly was never big enough, but now it's far too late to transplant it, so yes - it's her Final pot lol. On my next attempt, I'm going to shoot up the Middle and use Vivosun 2-gallon Gro Bags. Very sturdy construction, the water doesn't come POURING out the sides when you water them, and they're cheap :) I should be able to dump them out when I'm finished and throw them in the laundry when I'm done. They should be re-usable 2 or 3 times.

They say: "The smaller the pot, the smaller the plant" - and I know that's true. But I don't want my plants to be Big - I'd prefer they stay small.....but not TOO small. I have to Hover over that little 6" pot & water her every day - or she'll die. As well, it's proving to be a bitch to balance the Nutrients and give her what she needs, without burning her. That's why I decided on the 2-gal bags; a 3-gallon may be excessive, for the relatively small root mass of Autoflowers and therefore a waste of fine soil.

Last edited:
PurpleHaze420

PurpleHaze420

It looks to me that you all have some time to go. Here is my 10x10 Day 43. I usually go 70 days

Yes, you are right. I will leave her still for 2 or 3 weeks. Maybe even little more. On end trichomes will tell all!

Also wow your grow space is wonderful, plants too. Thriving! 😁
I wish i had so big space.
For my next grow will be 3 auto lemon haze.
I wish you luck with your lady's! πŸ€πŸ€ž

Latest posts

Top Bottom