54°F and windy cause this in my outdoor grow?

• Thread starter K2xm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K2xm

K2xm

We’re getting about 11 ½ hours of daylight here in Hawai’i, and our temperature had been down in the mid 50s at night. My plants are getting a lot of wind also. I switched off their supplemental light 5 weeks ago and switched their fertilizer to a much lower nitrogen formula. We have recently had a few cold spells (cold for here) where the temperature gas been as low as 54°F and we get some pretty strong winds, 15-25 mph gust sometimes. The two plants are 18 weeks old and have been in the same location since they were potted into 10 gallon pots at 5 weeks from cloning. They we looking very healthy until just a few weeks ago when the nighttime temps went from the usual low 60s to mid 50s. Could the cold windy nights cause this?
54f and windy cause this in my outdoor grow
54f and windy cause this in my outdoor grow 2
54f and windy cause this in my outdoor grow 3
54f and windy cause this in my outdoor grow 4

Madmax

Madmax

I get that every year at end of grow..doesnt the purpling look beautiful.

K2xm

K2xm

Thanks everyone. I’ve seen lots of photos with tops turned purple. What I’ve grown so far here has been in the ground, and not in as much cold and wind. I think I’ll give them more nitrogen, then watch closely. I’ve gotten some monster buds from this strain - I think it’s all the same - getting clones third hand from one source. I haven’t seen that color change in the past. Going to let them go to 8 weeks or more in flowering- watching the trichomes. They are moving into a new screened, clear waterproof top greenhouse today if I put down my phone and get to work on it. Also got to get a pH meter- tired of guessing with the test strips that I can’t decide where my pH is.

growsince79

growsince79

We’re getting about 11 ½ hours of daylight here in Hawai’i, and our temperature had been down in the mid 50s at night. My plants are getting a lot of wind also. I switched off their supplemental light 5 weeks ago and switched their fertilizer to a much lower nitrogen formula. We have recently had a few cold spells (cold for here) where the temperature gas been as low as 54°F and we get some pretty strong winds, 15-25 mph gust sometimes. The two plants are 18 weeks old and have been in the same location since they were potted into 10 gallon pots at 5 weeks from cloning. They we looking very healthy until just a few weeks ago when the nighttime temps went from the usual low 60s to mid 50s. Could the cold windy nights cause this?View attachment 1091615View attachment 1091616View attachment 1091617View attachment 1091618
Nute lockout due to cold temps are a natural part of ripening whether its in pots of in the ground. Days are getting longer now, it might be time to chop.

K2xm

K2xm

Hoping to get bigger buds. This strain produced some pretty large buds - but at a different time of year. I’ll take a look at the trichomes.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

In my outdoor grows — especially when dealing with potted plants — high winds can put some moisture stress on the plants and their root systems have a tough time keeping up and yields can be lower than average. Getting them in the greenhouse is a good idea.

Top Bottom