57 days since flip and still getting (tiny) new buds?

• Thread starter NewbieTed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NewbieTed

NewbieTed

I've made several posts about my first grow and today I have another question that I couldn't find the answer to online.

Anyway, due to my mistreatment of my plants, the upper colas are pretty small, about three inches long. I also have a bunch of popcorn sized buds. What I don't understand is why I keep getting new buds all over the plants. They're about the size of the tip of my little finger.

I guess I'll have to do a double harvest and hopefully they'll grow a little bit more. The plants have been lollipopped, most of the new buds are exposed to the light. I don't want to cut them off unless they're harming the rest of the plant. You can see in the foto how many new buds there are, just in that area. But it's like that all over the six plants. I can't even begin to count all the buds.

Is this normal and should I do anything else? Thanks!

Grow:
Lemon Jeffery (70 day flowering photoperiod) in FoxFarm Happy Frog soil, using Dutch Master nutrients (and liquid kelp).
3 x HLG 100 Rspec 46w blurple

57 days since flip and still getting tiny new buds
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
you say a 70 day finish? a lot can happen in 2 weeks, she just popping new pistols,
or could be your light or distance.
might even be longer than 70 days.
not a lot you can do at this point.

NewbieTed

NewbieTed

It's getting nerve wracking- I am on the home stretch and petrified that something will go wrong and trash all my efforts since February when I geminated the seeds.

I've never been much of a gardener besides planting trees, so this hands-on control is a bit overwhelming. I'm more of a nematode kind of gardener-every vegetable garden I've ever planted hasn't done very well.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

It's getting nerve wracking- I am on the home stretch and petrified that something will go wrong and trash all my efforts since February when I geminated the seeds.

I've never been much of a gardener besides planting trees, so this hands-on control is a bit overwhelming. I'm more of a nematode kind of gardener-every vegetable garden I've ever planted hasn't done very well.
You CAN do this. Relax. You got this. Lets see what we see here. You have some amber. That's good. But the amber you're looking for is way too small in these pix. Can you zoom right in on the tiny white hairs? Those are Trichomes (trikes, trichs) and where the majority of your THC will be coming from.

Let me get an example posted.... @BionicKroniK , A trike pic please.! (she's the artistic one)

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

The first pic is the best. Do you have a trike scope?
It's a USB or WIFI microscope. Lets you get right up in there.

Microscope
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Temps are fine.and that first pic makes me think another 2 weeks tops. Probably sooner.

Last edited:
BionicKroniK

BionicKroniK

You CAN do this. Relax. You got this. Lets see what we see here. You have some amber. That's good. But the amber you're looking for is way too small in these pix. Can you zoom right in on the tiny white hairs? Those are Trichomes (trikes, trichs) and where the majority of your THC will be coming from.

Let me get an example posted.... @BionicKroniK , A trike pic please.! (she's the artistic one)
OHhh it's not me! 🤔 The Girlz aren't camera shy, they love the photo shoots stuff! 👍🤘🤙👌💯😎
20210618 133953

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

You can see how the trikes are milky instead of clear. That's what you want.

NewbieTed

NewbieTed

Just three days ago, they were almost all clear. That changed in a hurry. I was hoping that the colas would grow a little more before harvest-i don't think 2 weeks will make them much larger.

Next grow I hope will be better. This crop there won't be much yield as small as everything is. Gotta get one of those scopes as I'm using Hubby's loupe with an almost dead battery.

Thank you everyone for your encouragement, kind words and advice!

NewbieTed

NewbieTed

These are duplicate/cross posts on my threads, so those of you who are interested in my grow results don't have to go through all of my threads to search for my harvest info. I'm doing what I wish other posters do.

If duplicate posts of my grow results aren't allowed, please let me know.

From another of my threads:

"Yeah! Eleven weeks since 12/12 flip today and I did my top harvest this morning! I looked at each bud at the trichomes (with the loupe) and they are mostly cloudy with sprinkling of amber ones. The full amount so far from the six plants is 363g! Recently I've been drying buds for Hubby's sampling and the yield has been about 25%, so assuming a yield of 22.5%, it's 2.90oz! I was hoping to get at least an ounce a plant and it looks like I'll get it. I'm thrilled at my results, given that this is the first grow! Hubby and I have quite a tolerance, but so far it's
PXL 20210708 172618626
stronger than what we usually buy at the dispensary. My son reported that one of his non-tolerant (as far as frequency of use) friends smoked a bud from last week and said that it is excellent.

I picked the ones that are ready and some of the smaller buds that were casting shade. Afterwards, I watered with 1/3 prescribed nutes. I'm not flushing, nor am I doing a blackout period due to the staged harvest. I'll continue to update my posts. It bothers me that so many people post with questions and problems, but my main question usually goes unanswered: the yield at the end of the full harvest.

Next harvest in five days (right before the next watering is due).
PXL 20210708 182024816

Top Bottom