5ft x 5ft / 1.5m x 1.5m Tent Scrog grow.

• Thread starter Flowerpower420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Flowerpower420

Hi folks im juat about to start my second grow and im wondering what you thoughts are on the set up and on my plans,

Equipment....
-5x5 Budbox tent,
-Gavita pro 1700E 645w LED (1000w HPS Equivalent)
-5x 20L Airpots with small layer of clay pebbles.
-Mimosa Evo x Orange punch (Barneys farm) feminised.
-Full Mills nutrient range.
-Plant magic 70/30 coco/perlite.

I'm planning on popping 5 beans and scrog with 2x support nets.

Does anyone have any idea how long veg i would "roughly" need to get these girls to the right height before flip 12/12?

My last grow i had 4 plants in 11L pots with 4 week veg and only yeilded 3oz per plant. They were not scrogged but applied LST, Topped 2x each, defoliation.

Thats why i have jumped up pot size considerably to try to get bigger plants as im hoping to get around 6-7oz per plant.

Does this seem the right way to go about it and are the pot sizes relevant to the expected yeild?

Any tips and advice on "scrog" will be greatly appreciated foks as its my first proper scrog grow.

Thanks in advance guys

Peace out ✌️

Madmax

Madmax

No i dont believe so.i use 4 gals and yield per plant ranges from 3 1/2 way up to 14oz lol with a 5 week veg .but average per grow is a tad over 5.5 oz ea plant. 6 plants using 5x4 area in a 5x5 room.i had problems with nute buildup in 5gal watering once a day so dropped to 4gals and added 2 handfuls of chunky perlite to every 10 of 70/30 coco perlite and never went over 600ppm.no problems since.yields are still the same..sorry cant help with the scrog..never done one yet..

F

Flowerpower420

No i dont believe so.i use 4 gals and yield per plant ranges from 3 1/2 way up to 14oz lol with a 5 week veg .but average per grow is a tad over 5.5 oz ea plant. 6 plants using 5x4 area in a 5x5 room.i had problems with nute buildup in 5gal watering once a day so dropped to 4gals and added 2 handfuls of chunky perlite to every 10 of 70/30 coco perlite and never went over 600ppm.no problems since.yields are still the same..sorry cant help with the scrog..never done one yet..
Awesome! 😁 wow seems like you've got it nailed mate!

Ive never yeilded more than 14oz total and believe it or not that came off 2 plants in 18L pots. Seems like the more plants i put in.....The less it yeilds OR maybe im simply not vegging enough to allow for bigger plants to produce bigger fruits 🤔.

Thats my plan this time, i think as a noob, I've made the typical beginners mistake of trying to speed it up which is giving me poor results, so this time im in no hurry, patience seem to be key here and the more patient i am hopefully the more they pay me back for it lol. I just dont want to "under vegg" again to give more poor results but still not going too wild as to cause an overfull and overgrown mess either 😅.

Im sort of thinking between 6-8 week veg (not counting germination week and 2 further weeks to allow to mature),

So in total would be 11 weeks veg from sprout then flip 12/12. Plus i need to allow recovery time between stresses and potting up, then allowing to fill up the 20L pots before flip.

I have no idea as ive never done it properly before, i suppose the more you do it, it will be easier to guesstimate rough times for pot sizes etc.

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

Yikes dude - that’s a heck of an investment and a very powerful light with no confident grows under your belt.

Lucky for you you’re here! And so are we. Look up some grow diaries that mimic what you want to do - read thoroughly - take note of problems they had and how they solved them. Take note of light distance and intensity. Read @Aqua Man watering tutorial (more than once). Don’t be shy with the pics and questions!!

F

Flowerpower420

Yikes dude - that’s a heck of an investment and a very powerful light with no confident grows under your belt.

Lucky for you you’re here! And so are we. Look up some grow diaries that mimic what you want to do - read thoroughly - take note of problems they had and how they solved them. Take note of light distance and intensity. Read @Aqua Man watering tutorial (more than once). Don’t be shy with the pics and questions!!
Hey, yeah i figured if i invest as much as i possibly could into the grow it would pay for itself through electrical efficiency and yeild. As paying for a nice smoke on the street it becoming ridiculously expensive. Thing is i dont have a light dimmer so the gavita is running at 100% power all the time. I also figured if i could get the decent products and equipment on the market then that just leaves me with experience to improve on rather than spending tipple over the years upgrading my equipment as im becoming a better grower. I've learned that the hard way with other hobbies in the past. My motto is "Buy cheap...Buy thrice"., Yeah im constantly looking at other people's grow diaries but all have so many variables that i cant take something as a set rule. Maybe im not confident enough and things will come with time and experience. Firstly though i need to get a few decent grows down and pick out the faults and learn from them but with poor previous grows i cant tell what went wrong in the first place as alot of problems can seem like other things lol.

Cheers mate 👍

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

Try training, topping and Co2, or "deep breath" from Humboldt County's Own!!
And a bud hardener.
"Incredible Hulk bulk" is nice or gravitation/g10

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

Hey, yeah i figured if i invest as much as i possibly could into the grow it would pay for itself through electrical efficiency and yeild. As paying for a nice smoke on the street it becoming ridiculously expensive. Thing is i dont have a light dimmer so the gavita is running at 100% power all the time. I also figured if i could get the decent products and equipment on the market then that just leaves me with experience to improve on rather than spending tipple over the years upgrading my equipment as im becoming a better grower. I've learned that the hard way with other hobbies in the past. My motto is "Buy cheap...Buy thrice"., Yeah im constantly looking at other people's grow diaries but all have so many variables that i cant take something as a set rule. Maybe im not confident enough and things will come with time and experience. Firstly though i need to get a few decent grows down and pick out the faults and learn from them but with poor previous grows i cant tell what went wrong in the first place as alot of problems can seem like other things lol.

Cheers mate 👍
Do yourself a favor as a new grower & read read read.
Jorge Cervantes med grow bible
There is only 1 way to grow weed & that's the rite way. And the book has a deficiency section too w nice color pics.
Also about your scrog concerns.
Look at YouTube
Channels:
1. Grow your greens: 4-6 cannabis videos
2. Mendo dope: How to grow Mendo dope
3. Pigeons420:

20220612 173225
20220621 075345
20220621 075415
20220621 075447
20220628 112810
20220628 112750
SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

What your seeing is 1st pics in 3gal cloth pots.
Plastic fencing (no metal) secured & wrapped around the circumference & whole depth of the 3 gal on up pot to 30gal.
Last pics w same fencing braced with bamboo to the inside ring of the 30gal as I usually leave 2-3 inches of clearance on the top of the pot.
I'm in the process of using full size wooden pallets as a base & building what will be a frame for tiny hoop houses each plant will have 2 layers of trellis netting.
And covered with clear plastic "farming" tarps
Should be done w structure & updated pics by next Monday-Tues
Plz feel free to hmu w any questions or concerns

F

Flowerpower420

What your seeing is 1st pics in 3gal cloth pots.
Plastic fencing (no metal) secured & wrapped around the circumference & whole depth of the 3 gal on up pot to 30gal.
Last pics w same fencing braced with bamboo to the inside ring of the 30gal as I usually leave 2-3 inches of clearance on the top of the pot.
I'm in the process of using full size wooden pallets as a base & building what will be a frame for tiny hoop houses each plant will have 2 layers of trellis netting.
And covered with clear plastic "farming" tarps
Should be done w structure & updated pics by next Monday-Tues
Plz feel free to hmu w any questions or concerns
Wow! They look absolutely beautiful mate, yeah i seem to me more of a sponge with information at the moment but very little experience. Suppose theres no better way than GROW! and learn from each grow as time passes. I have very little experience and confidence lol. Thanks for your comments and pics mate. I will be following along with yours 😁

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

Wow! They look absolutely beautiful mate, yeah i seem to me more of a sponge with information at the moment but very little experience. Suppose theres no better way than GROW! and learn from each grow as time passes. I have very little experience and confidence lol. Thanks for your comments and pics mate. I will be following along with yours 😁
Be skeptical, but Do NOT let that compromise ur confidence!!!
Get that bible by Jorge Cervantes asap!
You got this shit & you can hmu at anytime

F

Flowerpower420

Be skeptical, but Do NOT let that compromise ur confidence!!!
Get that bible by Jorge Cervantes asap!
You got this shit & you can hmu at anytime
Awesome bro thank you so much! I might actually set up a full grow diary on here from seed to harvest with pics and daily updates. That way if anyone is following then they can chip in also i can look back and pin point mistakes. Thank you my friend 👍😁

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

Awesome bro thank you so much! I might actually set up a full grow diary on here from seed to harvest with pics and daily updates. That way if anyone is following then they can chip in also i can look back and pin point mistakes. Thank you my friend 👍😁
No worries man, I'm here to help!!
You should be keeping a step by step for your own records & purposes. Seems like you already got a good head on your shoulders so far. Staying inside of certain parameters, REPETITION, work smarter not harder!!
Having & maintaining a standard is very important

Latest posts

Top Bottom