5x5 Tent Led Options

• Thread starter Kurly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kurly

Kurly

Just upgraded from a 2x4 veg tent to a 5x5. Wish i did more research befor because it seems alot easier to cover 4x4 with leds than 5x5. I had the platinum p300 in the old tent and loved it. Thought about using more platinum lights but they are pricey Worked great for the space and i want to leave it there. Ive done some research and have come up with a few options but im sure theres more i havent even gotten into. my price range is 3-600$

Option 1. 1x platinum p450, & 2 smaller cheaper lights ($600+)

Option 2. 3x kings plus 1000 ($350ish)

Option 3.viraspectra 1200, & 2 small lights ($550)

Im leaning towards option 3 but for the price option 2 is looking really good as well. Also im real impressed with the platinum lights...im really Just looking for suggestions as well as comments or concerns befor i commit to anything in particular.

Nugg

Nugg

Just upgraded from a 2x4 veg tent to a 5x5. Wish i did more research befor because it seems alot easier to cover 4x4 with leds than 5x5. I had the platinum p300 in the old tent and loved it. Thought about using more platinum lights but they are pricey Worked great for the space and i want to leave it there. Ive done some research and have come up with a few options but im sure theres more i havent even gotten into. my price range is 3-600$

Option 1. 1x platinum p450, & 2 smaller cheaper lights ($600+)

Option 2. 3x kings plus 1000 ($350ish)

Option 3.viraspectra 1200, & 2 small lights ($550)

Im leaning towards option 3 but for the price option 2 is looking really good as well. Also im real impressed with the platinum lights...im really Just looking for suggestions as well as comments or concerns befor i commit to anything in particular.
I was in same boat...I don't think you'd be happy with the viperspecta..I have 4-600 par.. coverage is small...but I also researched..I bought 2 Mars hydro 1200.. one alone covers a 5×5 area and man do they grow some big healthy plants...I use over a 4×8 v shape scrog cost around 550 each.but u only need one ??.

Kurly

Kurly

Thanks for the input, tbh i didnt know mars hydro made lights that decent but shouldve. Im sure i could get away with just one but max coverage seems to be around 4x4 and id really want to double that almost cover the full 5x5. Suppose my budget just doubled do you Think 2x "1200w" equivalent would be too much or should i look for something similar but dimmable??

Nugg

Nugg

Thanks for the input, tbh i didnt know mars hydro made lights that decent but shouldve. Im sure i could get away with just one but max coverage seems to be around 4x4 and id really want to double that almost cover the full 5x5. Suppose my budget just doubled do you Think 2x "1200w" equivalent would be too much or should i look for something similar but dimmable??
Just keep up research and find what's best for your environment.. nobody here can tell you what's best for you...I just have viperspecta and Mars and I'll never buy viperspecta again..Mars yes...and no matter how many "1200w" lights u use it's still only "1200w"...watch your plants they will tell you if they want more or less light.just raise lower to accommodate.. good luck.

DGP

DGP

Viparspectra and all their friends in the Chinese LED industry sell mainly lies not good products. Really research it before you give your hard earned money to these folks. I have seen 1200 w lights advertised that draw 400 watts from the wall (this is physically impossible). You can grow a decent harvest with the blurple lights but they aren't as good as the claims that are constantly being made on Ebay and Amazon. Just cause its on Amazon doesn't mean it is quality.

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/led-lighting-sh-t-or-shinola.94690/

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/sixstrings-led-cob-builds.85163/

Kurly

Kurly

Hey scuba i may be interested in that, is it already built or new construction? would you mind messaging me a parts list and some more specifics please.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

600w of cree cxb3590 in 12 diodes shipped for $800 hmu

Hey scuba i may be interested in that, is it already built or new construction? would you mind messaging me a parts list and some more specifics please.

Both of you please read the rules. No openly selling, giving, trading, etc on the open forum. Continue this in a PM please.
Thanks

Flox0chknz

Flox0chknz

I went with the king plus but a 600 instead of the 1k. It was doing great in my 4x2x4 when I had 6 plants. I doubled it this round with 12 in veg. I had to add another set of 12watt LEDS in 2 opposite corners and that seemed to even out the light a bit more. My flower tent is 5x5x5 with a 600 watt HPS and 250 watt T5 side light and honestly... my 1 king plus 600 LED puts out almost as much light penetration as the HPS for a fraction of the wattage and heat. Honestly I am just going to replace my HPS system with full LED once the ballast dies. I want to try vivaspectra next but I couldn't pass up the cheap price and double size chips in the kingplus nit to mention it also (at least in the 600) had 1 dedicated UV, bright red, 4 deep orange and a mix of blue and red

Top Bottom