5x5 Tent Lighting Question.

• Thread starter Benniehanas
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
scubascrog

scubascrog

yeah the price point isnt there for me, they did state each one will provide 15% more efficiency @50w. but these are 50-52v i wouldnt buy these unless you plan on driving them at 100w each.

B

Benniehanas

OK so it came down to money. I bought the first 5 1212 4000k gen6 cobs. I am buying piece by piece and will build it in bars with 4-5 cobs per bar. I am thinking of adding a wall socket type connection to each bar made from 1x1 angled aluminum. This way the driver of each bar can plug into one of its two inlets, and another short cord will connect to the next closest bar's socket also. Then at the last driver, the connection will run to the wall. Daisy-Chaining all the drivers together all the way to the wall. Each socket will need to be 3 inlet type, or just 4 to keep it easy.Is this OK to do? Is there a clean socket I can look into for this?

scubascrog

scubascrog

your drivers will most likely come without an edison. make sure you know how many drivers you need and watch your max amps on your breaker/ circuit. i'd hate for you to buy all those lights and not have your wiring in your house be able to support it! if you have no choice go 120v edison but remember my earlier post on amperage. this 4000k is just for veg ya?

scubascrog

scubascrog

and buying it piece by piece from china isnt ideal. save up for a full 250W kit from kingbrite or you arent saving any money at all.

B

Benniehanas

your drivers will most likely come without an edison. make sure you know how many drivers you need and watch your max amps on your breaker/ circuit. i'd hate for you to buy all those lights and not have your wiring in your house be able to support it! if you have no choice go 120v edison but remember my earlier post on amperage. this 4000k is just for veg ya?

Yea, it will be just a veg light only. If I were going flower, I'd add 2700 to these and stagger them. Thanks for the imput

Latest posts

Top Bottom