5x9 GorillaTent w/Mammoth Fold lights

• Thread starter Pondracer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pondracer

Pondracer

Completed setting this up and while I like the layout, the tent has problems. I put everything in and now the main vertical zipper on the Gorilla tent will not zip closed. Way too late in the cycle to send it back so I am going to have to look at trying to fix it. If I cant get it to work I will probably have to hang blackout cloth over the front and hope for the best. I needed a 1-2 year solution before building a permanent room in this area. I noticed the zipper was rough but figured it would work itself out. It did, just not the right way. I will end up pulling everything back out and making sure its square. The fabric over one corner could be misaligned and I can't tell if its stitched wrong or stretched funny.

I have the 800 watt Fold lights which look to be really good quality. Between them is the Mammoth UV bar. I have it raised up in these pics because its not being used at this time. Flowtech 380 cfm fan and a 6" iPower Carbon filter for exhaust necked down to 4" which gets vented either into a subbasement area or outside depending on a dust port gate I have installed by the exterior wall. Its a long run, almost 40 feet but the pressure is pretty good at the exit. I did the high cfm kit too and a good thing as it will suck the sides in. I regret setting up the carbon filter in such a way that the prefilter bag will not work.

Trolmaster Hydro-X that I picked up from Mammoth that runs the fan and UV light along with the two Folds. Interior temps still hit 90F with humidity around 48%. VPD is steady around 2.61 kPa. Its been running for about 24 hours so not a lot of experience with it. Its a 7 foot high tent but with everything hung total height is at 5'11"(180 cm). Dual dedicated 20 amp 120v lines and another 20 amp that is very lightly shared along with a 15 amp that is shared. I am running the LEDs around 80%. I have not invested in the Trolmaster PAR sensor. I have a lot to learn.

Tent1.jpg
TentLights1.jpg
TentLightsUV.jpg
TentExhaustFan.jpg
TentCarbonFilter1.jpg

Last edited:
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Also the one on the the right.. get this.. Needs magnesium rofl.. jesus i can't stop with this magnesium shit. Its unreal LEDS Are a mag nightmare.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Yeah, that one has been a mess.

A quick way to correct and stop it from spreading to new growth is to foliar feed 1-2 tsp epsom per gallon of water, hit em with a spray bottle a cpl times a day for a week then add some too your feeding schedule. boom :D

Pondracer

Pondracer

I ended up pulling everthing out of the tent and checking all the joints to make sure they were fully seated. I had placed a single layer of shipping blankets under the floor thinking it would prevent wear. Once I got the tent setup the bottom is heavy enough that I don't believe its necessary and might even be stretching the tent. This was removed. Then I stretched the fabric so that all the vertical seams lined up with the poles straight, in the middle. It was still a pain in the ass but I was able to get the vertical, center, main door zipper to finally start and zip closed. Once it starts it zips up super easy, but getting it started was a pain. I did call Gorilla but had to leave a message. What I am hoping to hear from them, or anyone else, is how to maybe correct this problem but also anything else I can do to insure the long term care of the tent.

Pondracer

Pondracer

Jeez, the suction may be too much. Is this normal? 3-4 big bang/pops once I closed the door and the fan turned on. I have the high cfm kit installed. I guess this may eliminate any odor problems....... 380 CFM but its necked down from a 6 inch to a 4 inch duct and makes 4 each 90 degree bends on a 40 foot run. At least 40 maybe more. I am thinking I may have to build a light proof intake box and duct it in through one of the floor vent holes.

WallSuction
Last edited:
jollycanna

jollycanna

New,Gwan the keeper of the trees...available soon.
Supporter
Completed setting this up and while I like the layout, the tent has problems. I put everything in and now the main vertical zipper on the Gorilla tent will not zip closed. Way too late in the cycle to send it back so I am going to have to look at trying to fix it. If I cant get it to work I will probably have to hang blackout cloth over the front and hope for the best. I needed a 1-2 year solution before building a permanent room in this area. I noticed the zipper was rough but figured it would work itself out. It did, just not the right way. I will end up pulling everything back out and making sure its square. The fabric over one corner could be misaligned and I can't tell if its stitched wrong or stretched funny.

I have the 800 watt Fold lights which look to be really good quality. Between them is the Mammoth UV bar. I have it raised up in these pics because its not being used at this time. Flowtech 380 cfm fan and a 6" iPower Carbon filter for exhaust necked down to 4" which gets vented either into a subbasement area or outside depending on a dust port gate I have installed by the exterior wall. Its a long run, almost 40 feet but the pressure is pretty good at the exit. I did the high cfm kit too and a good thing as it will suck the sides in. I regret setting up the carbon filter in such a way that the prefilter bag will not work.

Trolmaster Hydro-X that I picked up from Mammoth that runs the fan and UV light along with the two Folds. Interior temps still hit 90F with humidity around 48%. VPD is steady around 2.61 kPa. Its been running for about 24 hours so not a lot of experience with it. Its a 7 foot high tent but with everything hung total height is at 5'11"(180 cm). Dual dedicated 20 amp 120v lines and another 20 amp that is very lightly shared along with a 15 amp that is shared. I am running the LEDs around 80%. I have not invested in the Trolmaster PAR sensor. I have a lot to learn.

View attachment 1008300View attachment 1008304View attachment 1008303View attachment 1008301View attachment 1008302
I had a 5 by 9 nice set up. Lucky guy you.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Jeez, the suction may be too much. Is this normal? 3-4 big bang/pops once I closed the door and the fan turned on. I have the high cfm kit installed. I guess this may eliminate any odor problems....... 380 CFM but its necked down from a 6 inch to a 4 inch duct and makes 4 each 90 degree bends on a 40 foot run. At least 40 maybe more. I am thinking I may have to build a light proof intake box and duct it in through one of the floor vent holes.
Dude you got to have an inlet open somewhere on the bottom or that tents going to implode

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Open one of the bottom holes and run a 5 foot length of ducting out of it and put a 90° corner on it and it will block the light & that will be your Inlet because it's going to pop the way you got it now

Also put some silicone or a little machine oil on your zippers and run it all around for best results

Pondracer

Pondracer

Thank you guys, this is the type of info I really hoped to get by joining these forums.

jollycanna

jollycanna

Supporter
Mine did that

Pondracer

Pondracer

Dual 6" intake ducts has fixed the problem. One placed at floor level and another at ceiling level. Little concerned about light leakage in a couple of spots but otherwise doing fine. Added a dehumidifier and two circulation fans, one with ion. The Trolmaster is working well.

jollycanna

jollycanna

Supporter
Dual 6" intake ducts has fixed the problem. One placed at floor level and another at ceiling level. Little concerned about light leakage in a couple of spots but otherwise doing fine. Added a dehumidifier and two circulation fans, one with ion. The Trolmaster is working well.
6in hyperfan big stack carbon filter and one way in and out for air... I liked my tent sucking in.

Top Bottom